If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Went ahead and fought the wall once I had the hellstone for my armor; didn't even bother switching.

Without buffs, a properly-built arena or improved armor, I got it to about 3/4 health, and only died because I kept falling into lava. Once I've got the flat arena I want, it should be pretty simple.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Or Gravitation Potions and Obsidian Skin Potions.
    Well, a flat arena's helpful for other reasons too. Makes aiming and dodging easy.
    So, I fought it again. I ran out of platform, but that was fine, since I had a water walking potion.

Then I ran into a gap that was only 2 high, and the wall killed me. It had around 2400 HP left.

Bullshit.
    ^What's your gear look like?
    Full hellstone armor
    Warding (+4 defense) cloud in a balloon
    Obsidian Shield
    Rocket Boots
    Fleeting Aglet
    Brisk Band of Regeneration

All the normal combat potion buffs, plus water walking if I run out of platform

Minishark with six metric fuckloads of musket balls

Muramasa in case something gets close to me.
  • My only recommendation would be to make spectre boots out of the rocket boots and a herme's boots. The only buff potions I would recommend using would be obsidian skin, iron skin,feather fall,swiftness,regeneration and the bowl of soup.
    Oddly enough, I haven't found Hermes Boots yet.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Should I make a bowl of soup for my fight with the eye?
  • edited 2011-12-03 23:40:49
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    If you really want to.

Seriously, though, you are way overthinking this. Having 500 shurikens, copper armor or better and some healing potions is really all you need. Hell, probably more. Maybe a 3-floor arena of wooden platforms to make dodging easier. Actually, with an arena, you should be good with just the shurikens.

The eye is really just absurdly easy.
  • No rainbow star
    :< But he's a boss and bosses are hard!

Heck, I just got myself a silver bow and silver broadsword! And only now do I have a full set of copper armour D:
    Well, the bow and broadsword are meh and useless against it, respectively, but shurikens can tear through it in maybe a minute tops, do the same damage no matter how far in the game your character is and take out all the mini-eyes it spawns. And your armor is fine.

Seriously, just build yourself an arena and give it a go.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    How do I summon stuff?  Use the Suspicious Looking Eye at a demon altar at night?
  • edited 2011-12-03 23:53:57
    No, you just use it wherever you want to fight it. The demon altar is to make it. It does have to be at night, though.

The Eater of Worlds can be fought any time, but it has to be in the corruption.
  • edited 2011-12-04 00:03:32
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    MrDolomite just threw up a medium-sized world.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13038783120A35837600&page=82#2037

Edit: No, it is not covered in vomit.  I don't mean it that way.
  • I would get on, but I'm having fun farming the wall of flesh for its drops.
    I'm working on paving hell, so...
  • No rainbow star
    ^ So you're making... *sunglasses* A highway to hell?
    I was expecting a good intentions joke, but that works.
  • probably human
    Do we have a server up now?

If so, what's the IP/password?
  • edited 2011-12-04 15:13:49
    I just utterly destroyed the wall of flesh!

Seriously, it took less than a minute and thirty seconds. A tip for people trying to solo it like I was: get a Demon Scythe. If you have five stars of mana, depleting your mana reserve does a thousand damage to it.

Pwnhammer get, hardmode: on. Bring it.
  • No rainbow star
    Get making hallows

I read that in hardmode only hallows stop corruption (and only non grassy mud stops hallows)
    Indeed. Already done. It's on both sides of my base. First thing I did was run to the druid and buy seeds.

Then I smashed a bunch of demon altars.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Does the ore effect stack? As in would you get double the mythril?

And how does it spawn in? Would huge mining operations destroy ones chances of getting the ores?
  • probably human
    This reminds me, I haven't actually played this game since the update.

NEW CHARACTER, AHOY!
    ^^I don't know. The first altar spawns cobalt, the second spawns mythril, the third spawns adamantite. I smashed three; I don't know if it stacks after that.

I have almost enough cobalt ore for a drill and a sword, though.
    Anyone want to try again and get a server up? I don't really know how...
    You download and run the server program, then send everyone your IP, the port you picked and the password you picked.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ If you get all three drills and all three... I think axes or hammers, not sure, then you can make the Hamdrax, which is a hammer, drill, and axe all in one

Also don't forget to get hallowed armour and excalibur! :D
    Yeah, I know.

I've been reading the wiki extensively :D