If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• edited 2011-12-01 13:55:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    haiii yes please
  • No rainbow star
    Yes/Oui/Hai/Ci/Whatever other language you can think of
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was going for Kirby's taunt, not the Japanese "hello".
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Are people trying to connect and having trouble? Because I know SaladOfStones is.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ What? Hai isn't hello in Japanese O.o
    Seriously, has anyone tried to connect? I need to know if it's everyone having problems, or what.
  • No rainbow star
    Not yet for me. I keep attempting to start on my art assignment due tomorrow (previous attempts were met with, "Fucking hell I forgot that! I can't work on it now!")
    Ah, fair enough.

I'm trying to get some basic starting stuff done for now. Hopefully it'll get sorted at some point.
  • edited 2011-12-01 15:18:31
    Tech support
    I'll try the sever.

some findings
    At least one of the new NPC's that needs to be rescued does show up on old world.
    Okay, should be fixed. Everyone try again.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm open right now. Can I get the IP so I can post it on the group page?
  • Still have the stall at found server issue.
    ^Weird. My roommate's on, so it's working for him at least...are you on the right port?
  • I'm pretty sure I'm on the right port. 
    Odd...
    Okay, I think something about hosting a server from my school is broken. Someone else might need to do it.
  • edited 2011-12-01 16:40:56
    I should have seen it coming, big-name indie game gets massive version update...and Steam puts on a sale.  It's now $2.49.  And I bought it at $4.99.
    Wasn't it on sale when you got it?
    Yes; alleged base price is $9.99.
    Yeah, that's what I paid for it the day it came out.
    I think my money is in a pool of lava.

What do?
  • It is gone. Cry. 

Now I'm going to cry over the pain of setting up a new world to be a general base of operations, because I screwed up my old one. 
  • edited 2011-12-01 23:15:38
    How do I get rid of water in version 1.1?  The method mentioned in the wiki--"The water can be removed entirely by placing any block in the space it occupies."--no longer works.

How do I get rid of lava in version 1.1?

How do I get mine igneous rocks?  They are called obsidian and require at least a certain level of pickaxe.
  • edited 2011-12-01 23:19:06
    Tech support
    I don't know how to remove water or lava, yet.

Here is a basic guide to terraria, it should tell you how to mine igneous rocks

I think I just crafted Mace Windu's Lightsaber...
  • No rainbow star
    I still only have 100 max health and my best tools are copper and an iron shortsword/copper broadsword :D
    I have 180 max health and gold/iron/silver tools/armor.  This is because I went digging.  A lot.  I have around a thousand dirt blocks and around 750 stone blocks in my reserve.

I also discovered the underworld.  And I died many times.  This includes the loss of various amounts of money, at least twice.  The underworld is where life crystals appear.  Also figured out what that mysterious purple block that I couldn't break was--it's obsidian, and it's normally formed when water contacts lava.

Damn lava.

That said, I figured I went deep enough.  I also went too far to the right, as in it was inconvenient to get back to the mine when I respawned.  So I started digging left and upward.  After a long bout of digging, the discovery of several veins of gems and ores, and a few close calls with water, I finally linked back up with another set of caves.

So now I have a crapton of dirt, stone, mud, clay, sand, gems, and experience.  As for the ores, I used them to make stuff.
    1. You can find Life Crystals outside the Underworld.

2. Don't go to the Underworld that early, for any reason. I'm in full Shadow armor and I still get slaughtered down there.
    I just up and decided to start digging, and then dig further and further until I found something interesting.

At the point where I found too many pools of lava I stopped going down.  I might go down even further later.

There's a surprising amount of open space down there.
    Normal caverns should be fine with the stuff you have.

Also, once you have a Gold Bow and mostly Iron/Silver armor I recommend building a long sky bridge and fighting the Eye of Cthulhu a couple times.