If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    For the easiest hardmode area, it's a close call between Hallow and normal forest.
  • No rainbow star
    Ah

In that case why stop the spread of the hallow except for a small forest for drops?
    Well, it has enemies with ranged attacks which the normal forest doesn't.

It also has unicorns, which can outrun and outjump you unless you've boosted those stats.
  • No rainbow star
    In that case, it seems to be harder than the forest =/
    Forest also gets a good deal harder, though.
  • No rainbow star
    How so?
    Some tougher enemies. Possessed armor, werewolves on full moons.

Basically, hardmode is hard. But by the time you can take the WoFfle out, you're ready.
  • No rainbow star
    I feel like waffles now...
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Terraria has no safezones.

Incorrect. Your house, or anywhere with a high concentration of NPCs, will cause monsters to stop spawning. Blood Moons and Goblin Invasions are the exception.

Yeah, true.

Maybe I should have said "Terraria has no pre-built safezones."
  • No rainbow star
    Too bad you can't grow trees in a safe zone

...I wonder if anybody has ever converted the whole map into a safe zone?
    I don't think that's possible. Can't remove walls below a certain height.
  • edited 2011-12-05 00:13:10
    No rainbow star
    :< That sucks

Guess that's one part of Minecraft that is better - It is more suited for creativity in that regard
  • edited 2011-12-05 00:26:52
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I finished most of my castle! Even though it's less of a castle and more of an apartment complex haphazardly attached to my extensive quarters.

Come to think of it, I give them a place where they won't get eaten by monsters, and I don't even charge rent! They should be fucking GIVING me their stuff. D:<
    ^Yeah, I know! You free an old man from his curse, and what's he do? Charge dozens of gold for the Eleventh Doctor's clothes.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^,^ Maybe the stuff normally costs tons, but they charge you only a tiny bit more than what is needed to cover expenses as a thank you?

I know that I would be charging platinum coins for the doctor's clothes

So, I found 2 demonite ore. My first demonite ore

BEFORE I EVEN FIND ONE MEASLY SPECK OF GOLD! THE HELL TERRARIA!?

>.< I should switch back to my tiny map and mine the shit out of it. Just... Hollow it out. I might find some gold then >.>
  • edited 2011-12-05 00:43:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Go deeper if you want gold.

Or better yet, skip it. Kill the Eye and Eater, then make yourself some nice Demonite gear.

I almost never actually bother with the gold tier.
    ^I never found enough gold to make a full set of armor. I just killed the Eye and the EoW, and BAM!  Full Shadow.
  • No rainbow star
    I decided to hit the jungle

I got some good stuff, and even though I died to a snatcher, that was more because I was going, "Fuck it, it's in my way, let's just stupidly jump in!"

I even managed to get some jungle seeds, so I can make an artificial jungle for farming
  • edited 2011-12-05 01:11:37
    ^They lowered the requirements for Jungle, I got more than enough Jungle Spores to make everything useful by just searching the underground jungle.

If that's what you're looking for, just so you know, they only grow underground.

Honestly, the only "farm" I'd recommend making is a potion plant farm.
    Bear in mind, artificial jungles get jungle enemies too.

Seriously, though, the jungle's higher-tier difficulty than the eye by far. You really need to just build an arena and kill that thing.
    ^Agreed, ALL the bosses pre-1.1 are a joke. You're over-preparing.
  • No rainbow star
    Yeah, after going through an (admittedly above ground) jungle, I think I'm feeling better about the Eye

Still need to make an arena though

^^ I realize that the jungle will still get enemies. I'm counting on that, so that I can farm drops (I plan to get some hooks from piranhas and some vines from man eaters so I can grapple around)
    ^^Eh, Skeletron's a bit tricky if you don't bring top-of-the-line ranged gear. But if you do, well, that's a different story.

And even if you don't, he's doable.
  • edited 2011-12-05 01:21:05
    ^^1. It's easier to just go hunting skeletons for hooks.

2. Man eaters require you to go into the UNDERGROUND jungle to spawn.

3. None of this necessitates an artificial jungle. I know the wiki talks about it, but the wiki in general tends to overcomplicate things.

^The trick is to actually have a good melee weapon and kill his hands quickly. He becomes fodder after that.
  • edited 2011-12-05 01:22:38
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    In other news, I have full adamantite gear and angel wings.

Except my sword, because my Mithril sword is upgraded to the point of being better than my adamantite one.

The special set effect for adamantite armor is an awesome pulsating red aura.
    What set? Ranged, melee, or magic?
    Melee.

Though I'm going to grab myself the helmet that makes it magic before I fight the Destroyer.
  • No rainbow star
    Neo: Yeah, I know that. I can make an artificial underground jungle though

And why not make it simple to farm things? At the very least I can have a patch of jungle close to my base
    Surface jungle has nothing worth farming; underground jungle is way out of your league at this point. So right now, overall, jungle isn't good.

Well, I've got my setup for The Destroyer. Magic Adamantine armor, accessories that increase defense and magic, philosopher's stone, gravitation potions and a crapload of greater magic potions. I'll be more or less exclusively using Demon Scythe.

I'll do that in the morning. It's late.