If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Also, GMH make sure the back wall is made of gray brick too. Regular stone walls won't work.
    This isn't true. I've never once made brick.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Really? Because I had normal stone walls and nobody showed up.

Correction, MY NPCs are picky bastards.
    Huh. Weird.

The exact criteria:

-boxed in with blocks, doors or wood platforms
    -has a light source
    -back wall was placed by the player
    -contains a piece of "flat surface" furniture (table, dresser, workbench, bathtub or bookcase)
    -contains a piece of "comfort" furniture (chair, throne, bench, bed, toilet)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Okay, my furnace was my light source, and it doesn't count..

Oh well.
  • No rainbow star
    So, order in which I should tackle Biomes?

All I know is that Forest is the first one, Hallowed is post game, Underworld is late game, and Corruption is early-mid game
    Basically, do cave exploration until you kill the eye of Cthulhu. Then buy purification powder from the Druid and try to destroy some Shadow Pearls in the corruption.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    this game has more content than I thought it did
    Oh, yeah. It has a completely absurd amount of content.
    @Ica: Yeah I would build up ore until you have silver or gold armor. Then go kill the Eye of Cthulhu and use the Demonite it drops to make a Light's Bane and a Demon Bow. Then go into the Corruption, smash some Shadow Orbs, and kill the Eater of Worlds a couple times (who is, frankly, a joke.)
    I wouldn't even say you need silver armor to take out the Eye if you've got two stacks of shurikens and a passable arena. Any full set of armor at all should more than do it. There's a reason why he's the only boss that can in any way be encountered involuntarily.
  • No rainbow star
    Has anyone here defeated the wall of flesh yet?
  • I have, with an old char and old world. What do you want to know.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I'm nowhere near that far. It was curiousity :3
    My roommate did, but he'd used an external program to give his guy the endgame content from hardmode and 5000 health, so that doesn't count.

He then called hardmode "too easy." -_-
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...ಠ_ಠ
  • ^^ ...ಠ_ಠ

Has he defeated skeletron prime by himself yet?
    Yeah, I'm gonna wait until guides come out for it. I saw a video of a guy in full Molten, a crapload of buffs, and a Star Cannon with over 500 shots, and he STILL got slaughtered.
    No, he just walked around killing random mobs casually because he was more powerful than it's possible for a non-cheating character to be, then quit because he was bored.
  • edited 2011-12-03 19:16:46
    No rainbow star
    ^^ My strategy so far will be filling sections of the underworld with Dynamite except for a corridor then setting it off when Wally comes

...And now I want to see WoF reskinned as Wall-E

^ I might cheat to test out a few strategies (using a non main character)
    Er...Dynamyte detonates seconds after you let go of it.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ What's the explosive that takes a while to go off and is usually used for mining?
    Dynamite is used for mining, but that's generally done by just tossing a bunch of it into a hole.
  • No rainbow star
    Huh. Well I know that when exploring I hit a pressure plate then got blown up
    Huh...haven't seen that before. I've seen rock-dropping traps and dart traps, but not that.
  • The name of what Icalasari is thinking of is just called explosives. 3 Dynamite and one wire is how it is crafted.
  • edited 2011-12-03 19:25:38
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Well that's what I want to set up for Wall-E. A remotely triggered explosive trap. It should do some heavy damage to the eyes (I'll test it with a cheaty account to see how much). Then it is simply picking him off when he is weak
    Ah, cool. I might have to try that...if I can't kill it on my first attempt.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Pressure plates are a new trap from version 1.1 I think.
    Yeah, I'd seen the pressure plates; just not the explosives they could trigger. I'd only seen the darts and boulders.