If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is melee an advisable idea against the Eye of Cthulhu?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Only for taking out the mini-eyes it spawns. Stick to ranged weapons and kite it.
  • edited 2011-12-02 13:03:38
    No rainbow star
    *Tempted to summon Eye of Cthulhu with only my wooden bow, some flaming arrows, my copper broadsword, and no armour*
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Don't use a bow. Buy two stacks of shurikens.
    Oh, actually, I only got to the Cavern layer.  I didn't know what that was called at the time so I just called it the Underworld.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    So, started a new character... and my axe was Sluggish. CURSE YOU, TERRARIA.
  • No rainbow star
    Well, I'm doing better now. I have a copper helmet and copper chainmail. I also have a pointy iron broadsword, a zealous iron pickaxe, an iron axe, an iron hammer, and a copper bow, along with a ton of fire arrows. I also have enough silver to get a silver bow or silver shortsword, but I'm waiting until I have enough to get a silver broadsword

I seem to be near the stone layer as well :D Grappling Hook here I come!
    Update:

Placing blocks on top of water no longer destroys the water; it stays
    'behind' the block and reappears if the block is destroyed. The water
    will be gone, however, when you log out and log back in.

http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Water
  • No rainbow star
    Oh, forgot two things:

I found a life crystal and an above ground jungle
    Some tips: The underground jungle is always under the above-ground jungle. The dungeon is always on the other side of the map from it.

Note that both of those are late-game (well, now late-early-half-game) areas.
    Warning for the unaware: If you're playing Mediumcore and die, your items lose all enchants/modifiers.
  • No rainbow star
    So what armour should I have then, INUH? I was thinking of doing brief raids once I have a full gold set to get the leaf blade (and I was also considering leaving the eye of Cthulhu for when I have at least tier 6 stuff)
  • edited 2011-12-02 17:04:03
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Once you have full armor (even copper) and a stack of potions, you're good on the Eye.

Seriously, it's really really easy if you just throw shurikens at it constantly and move out of the way of its attacks. There are normal enemies I find harder.
  • edited 2011-12-02 17:04:00
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Gold is the minimum I'd say, people go into the underground jungle after they've completed the Dungeon, so you should have full Shadow and a Muramasa or Phaseblade by then.

Also, the Eye of Cthulhu is really easy if you just make a long sky bridge. You can easily kill it even with Iron armor.
  • edited 2011-12-02 17:06:27
    No rainbow star
    ^^ I'm more worried about the mini eyes I've read about. I tend to freak out when I get surrounded in games and start spamming my attacks, missing most of the time

^ Isn't the dungeon guarded by an extremely powerful boss that insta kills you if you take until day?
  • edited 2011-12-02 17:11:14
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    If you're throwing shurikens at the Eye (which you should never not be doing), 90% of the mini-eyes will die within a frame or two of spawning, since it only takes one hit to kill them.
  • No rainbow star
    Alright

Any way to buy shurikens faster? I have to buy one then put it in my inventory before I can get another one
    Hold down right-click.
  • No rainbow star
    Alright. I shall do that next trip out of the mines then :D
    Newly planted: mushroom grass seeds.

Logged: 23 hours.

Should probably: stop playing this so much.
    ^Just wait until you get some momentum...
  • edited 2011-12-02 21:54:46
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I still haven't gotten NPCs to appear.  I have one tiny house stuffed with like seven chests and several crafting stations.  The ceiling and sides and floor are gray brick, but the back wall is dirt.  I think I have to change the back wall.
    ^You do, and you need a door, table, chair, and a light source too.
    Doesn't have to be a table table. A crafting table works too.
    ^Wait really?

Also, GMH make sure the back wall is made of gray brick too. Regular stone walls won't work.

These NPCs are a picky lot, aren't they?
  • edited 2011-12-03 09:50:52
    But you never had any to begin with.
    Actually, it just needs to be a "flat surface" and a "comfort item", according to the wiki. A bathtub and chair would work. Also, only placed dirt walls work as back walls for homes.

It came to my attention that an individual, who will go unsteved, was suffering a severe case of "door-opening disease". I finally reached a solution.

Do backwalls have to be placed behind the blocks of the floor, ceiling, and walls of a building?

Also, I've had the following in my building:
    * gray brick ceiling/floor/walls
    * dirt backwall (I put it there)
    * one door
    * crafting table, furnace, iron anvil, pink vase
    * table, chair
    * some gray brick and some dirt platforms
    * eight chests with stuff inside

No NPCs have appeared.

also ^ lol Faris from FFV color scheme
  • There is a tool ingame that tells you what is wrong with a house. Open the inventory, click on the house icon, click on the ?, then click on what you want to be a house. Note each npc needs its own house. 
    Also, all houses have to be at least the size of the one in that screenshot. (That's the minimum).
  • No rainbow star
    Can trees grow underground provided there is no backwall where they are growing? I'm considering starting a tree farm so I don't have to go up as often to grab wood for platforms