If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

167891012»

Comments

• edited 2011-12-14 13:15:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You have to have one built for him. If you don't, he won't show up.
  • I need another slime statue or two, I need to make a faster slime factory to power my flamethrower. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    :( the mushroom fields I know of are not giving me mushroom grass seeds...

Also, I should start putting signs in certain places, and marking things off with distinctive landmarks.  So I stop getting lost.
  • Well, I either need to start a new world and transfer over all my crap or start a new world for resosurces figure out how to create an artificial winter biome. 
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Am I the only one who never farms, ever, and doesn't see a need to?
    One funny thing was that I once used sand blocks to fill in a part of a lake, and now in a small patch of sand there is a cactus growing and an occasional vulture.
  • edited 2011-12-16 10:16:33
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I just wasted the entire day and much of yesterday playing Terraria.

* western ocean discovered
    * eastern ocean discovered
    ** two sharks killed
    ** killed by pink jellyfish instead
    * dungeon discovered
    ** killed by dungeon guardian
    * two corruption areas discovered
    ** deathweed, rotten chunks, vile mushrooms, and worm teeth collected
    ** discovered that ebonstone is vulnerable to bomb explosions; ebonstone collected
    ** shadow orb smashed
    *** musket and musket balls obtained
    * meteorite discovered
    ** annoyance of meteor heads discovered
    ** meteorite mined
    * King Slime defeated
    ** Ninja Hood obtained
    * jungle discovered
    ** giant jungle pit discovered
    ** fallen victim to giant jungle pit (multiple times)
    *** naturally-occurring gold blocks discovered
    ** jungle grass seeds collected
    ** stingers collected
    * meteorite hamaxe constructed
    * mushroom farm created
    * Eye of Cthulhu defeated (you already know about this)
    ** demonite gathered, discovered to be useless without Shadow Scales
    ** lenses gathered, suspicious looking eyes forged, in preparation for another go
    * Robot Hat obtained
    * Archaeologist's Hat obtained
    * multiple deserts discovered
    ** antlion mandible obtained
    ** waterleaf and cactus gathered
  • No rainbow star
    The Eater of Worlds can give multiple presents per show down

I have 15 worm foods

:3
  • edited 2011-12-16 10:17:36
    And I have an entire chest over half filled with candy cane and green candy cane blocks.

By the way, the latest update introduced these blocks, a snow biome, a new event involving snowmen, and a bunch of other things, including fixing that music box glitch mentioned at the top of the page.
    * Eye of Cthulhu summoned and defeated, again
    * Goblin Army defeated
    ** spiky balls collected
    ** tombstones generated
    * merchant has joined (before EoC)
    * nurse has joined
    * arms dealer has joined
    ** space gun crafted
    * dryad has joined
    * demoman demolitionist has joined
    * blood moon encountered
    ** black lens collected
    * underworld discovered
    ** fireblossom collected
    ** fire imp, demon, hellbat encountered
    * goblin tinkerer still not found...
    * trash cans created for dirt and stone blocks
    * some dirt and stone blocks lost by accidentally throwing into lava
    * one chest nearly filled with candy cane blocks
    * 100 units of silk now in reserve
    * SHOULD STOP PLAYING BEFORE I MISS DEADLINES
  • edited 2011-12-17 17:37:23
    WHY AM I PLAYING THIS SO DAMN MUCH

* goblin invasion: defeated again
    ** tombstones: many generated again
    ** NPCs: killed by goblins
    *** NPCs: respawned
    * eye of cthulhu: defeated again, and again
    * blood moon: encountered again
    ** top hat: actually obtained in the first blood moon
    * the underworld: begun exploring
    ** found: obsidian block structures
    *** obsidian block: surprised to be able to obtain
    ** locked shadow chest: located
    ** proto-almost-hellevator (with platforms lining it): constructed
    ** hellstone: discoverered, but not mined
    ** various amounts of money: lost in lava
    ** fireblossoms and ash blocks: more collected
    ** bone serpents, fire imps, hellbats, demons, and a voodoo demon: fought and defeated
    ** guide voodoo doll: obtained
    *** extremely lucky that: it did not fall in lava, upon reading the wiki afterwards
    * red candy cane chest: almost full
    * wood: more gathered
    ** trees: more planted from acorns
    * fallen stars: collected (now up to 109 in reserve)
    * skybridge: begun construction
    ** harpies: fought and defeated
    ** falling damage: taken
    ** nurse quote about not jumping off cliffs: experienced, for great lulz
    * rotten chunks: use discovered
    ** leather: crafted
    *** archaeologist's jacket: crafted and worn
    * to do next: smash another shadow orb to get more meteorite to make a green phaseblade, and find a hellforge STOP PLAYING TERRARIA
  • edited 2011-12-18 00:23:29
    * Goblin Tinkerer: found
    * hellforge: obtained
    ** second hellforge: discovered
    * successfully teleported out of, instead of panicking: lava
    * purchased: rocket boots and tinkerer's workshop
    Rocket boots and Hermes boots have become spectre boots.  West-to-east traversing of entire world has been done.

Goblin invasion has been fought off again, this time with two NPC survivors.

And I just visited Tropetopia, where I got myself some more pixie dust.
    Hey, anyone still play or interested in playing this, especially what with the latest version 1.3 update?

Our
    companion site Heapers' Hangout is considering organizing a server, so
    we could potentially join in the effort and have a pooled server or
    something.
  • a little muffled
    I bought Terraria on Steam sale a billion years ago and never actually played it. I may be interested in actually doing that at some point.
  • Terraria is addicting as hell. I'd start playing it again now that 1.3 is out but I'm worried that I'll forget to eat and sleep.
    It's on version 1.3.5.3 nowadays and so I wanted some Terraria in my life and I picked it up again. Albeit not on Steam but in the GOG version. (I have both. I just wanted my gameplay to be disconnected from Steam.) I started a fresh file, new worldgen, new character.

Terraria is basically like, the best worst thing for servicing my hoarding tendencies.

My current inventory:

Weapons
    I have a veritable armory.

I'm happy to say that none of my NPCs have died yet. Though eventually I'll have to murder the Guide in order to spawn the Wall of Flesh boss.

Crafting and building materials
    I should have stopped collecting anything other than gold ore a long time ago.

In my first file, I made a set of apartments using the cheapest materials possible -- dirt blocks and dirt walls. Many people go slightly more stylish but still basic, with wood and wood walls. But this time, I've been using Smooth Granite Blocks, Slime Blocks, Glowing Mushroom (blocks), and Smooth Marble Blocks for floors/ceilings/walls, Slime Block Platforms for jump-through floors and ceilings, and Rich Mahogany Walls, Slime Block Walls, Glass Walls (i.e. windows), and Glowing Mushroom Walls for the background walls.

Fun fact: Glowing Mushroom walls/floors glow in the dark.

Furniture
    If only I'd known that the Dungeon has random chairs and tables and bookshelves and lamps and doors and other stuff lying around, I wouldn't have wasted so much of my time crafting my own. But oh well.

My "Apartment Complex" has a bathroom (with bathtub, toilet, and sink), a music room (with piano and three chairs), a library (with two chairs and a bookcase and a Bone Welder because I didn't feel like putting it elsewhere, and even something resembling a game room (Slime walls/platforms, two Gothic Chairs around a Gothic Table, and a Bewitching Table in the corner). All this is built beneath an "Outhouse"-like structure that was my first house (has several crafting stations, a toilet, and is located above what used to be basic ground level at my original spawn point).

The Neighbors (i.e. the NPCs)
    I have all the pre-Hardmode NPCs already.

Animals, Fishing, and Plant/Animal/Monster Parts
    [toggle]* I've caught a bunch of animals. These include Goldfish, Frogs, Ducks, Mallard Ducks, Birds, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Bunnies, Red Squirrels, Squirrels, Mice, a Golden Squirrel, nine butterfly types (Sulphur, Zebra Swallowtail, Red Admiral, Monarch, Julia, Ulysses, and one special Golden one), Fireflies, Grasshoppers, Buggies, Grubbies, Worms, Snails, and Slugs.
    * Some of those I've used as bait for fishing. My fishing gear consists of the following: a full set of Angler clothes (which increase fishing skill), a Fleeting Angler Tackle Bag (combines guaranteed-not-to-break fishing line and two things that increase fishing skill and decrease bait consumption rate), a total of 73 pieces of artificial bait plus 121 pieces of insect bait. It actually takes me forever to use up bait so I need to stop catching random insects.
    * Things I've fished include: 4 Stinkfish, 16 Neon Tetras, 44 Atlantic Cods, 10 Salmon (would be more except I made Sashimi out of some of them), 28 Specular Fish, 3 Armored Cavefish, 105 Bass (I need to make a pot to cook these sometime), 2 Tuna, 5 Trout, 1 Red Snapper, 94 Bomb Fish, 18 Frost Minnow, 5 Honeyfin (plus one I ate), and a Balloon Pufferfish, plus a bunch of quest fish that I gave the Angler. Also, fishing junk: 17 Seaweeds, 16 Old Shoes, and 10 Tin Cans.
    * 114 Mushrooms, 12 Vines, 60 Cacti, 40 Stingers, 12 Jungle Spores, 2 Feathers, 2 Antlion Mandibles, 522 Pink Gel, 20 Acorns (not including the many I planted to get so much wood in the first place), 40 Waterleaf (and 18 Waterleaf Seeds), 21 Dayblooms (and 29 Daybloom Seeds), 36 Blinkroot (and 34 Blinkroot Seeds), 38 Deathweeds (and 30 Deathweed Seeds), 21 Shiverthorns (and 22 Shiverthorn Seeds), 20 Moonglows (and 18 Moonglow Seeds), 21 Jungle Grass Seeds (plus more I used to start my Rich Mahogany farm, 15 Mushroom Grass Seeds (plus more I used to start my surface Glowing Mushroom biome), also various honey/bee-related items. Also a Living Wood Wand and a Living Wood Leaf Wand, should I ever want to place Living Wood blocks and Living Leaf blocks.

Other stuff
    * A giant pile of potions that I don't even want to bother counting.
    * Stuff for making mechanisms -- wires, pressure plates, activatable stone blocks, dart traps, and more.
    * A bunch of statues, some of which can be activated to do stuff.
    * A pile of enemy banners, which you get for killing 50 of each type of enemy.
    * A bunch of miscellaneous other stuff, from chests to gravestones (from my own deaths) to adventuring gear.

I still haven't reached the Underworld yet.

Also I'm waiting to get one thing from a Shark. Unfortunately Sharks only spawn at the very edges of the map. Also looking to get something from a Nymph. Both are crafting ingredients. I love how the Tinkerer's Workshop lets me combine useful accessories into things that have multiple uses.
  • edited 2018-08-24 02:48:23
    I played the (top-down) Touhou x Minecraft x Harvest Moon game so... close enough?