If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^ How tough is the underground jungle?
  • edited 2011-12-05 06:38:32
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Personally, I consider it the second-toughest pre-WoFfle area, after hell.

I usually just don't bother with it.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ But I want jungle geeeeeeear...
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    If you insist.

But kill the Eye and Eater first, at least.
    Fought the Destroyer.

Well, I got it down to 60000 health or so, I think, but that was a complete disaster.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Jungle Gear is, in my opinion, not worth it. Most magic is rather late game, and only Demon Scythe is useful.

Besides, like I said before, they lowered the crafting requirements for the Jungle Gear. It's easier to just go into a natural underground jungle and search for spores/stingers. The pods with spores in them are pretty common and produce like 2-3 spores per pod. Stingers are even easier to collect, as hornets come at you in droves.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Who said anything about the magic stuff? I just think jungle gear looks cool :D

Yes I am afraid of losing to the eye yet willing to go into the underground jungle for something that I only want for the looks
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    ... Dude, Eye of Cthulhu is incredibly easy.  It's not that powerful, and it's really easy to kill.  Especially at your level of preparation.  (Generally when you're at the Iron Armor tier you're pretty much ready to take it on.)  And unless you're on med or hardcore, you shouldn't be afraid of the consequences of losing.
  • Well, the destroyer was pathetic.
    What strategy/gear did you use?
  • edited 2011-12-06 22:38:19
    Tech support
    Weaponry-Demon Scythe and clockwork assault rifle with crystal bullets.

Armor-Mythril Helmet,Mythril armor and Mythril leggings.

Accessories. Angel wings,cross necklass,cloud in a bottle, obsidion sheild, and spectre boots or mana flower depending on the weapon. All geared to increase defense.

Potions. Greater healing potions, A stack of greater mana potions, featherfall, shine, nightowl, ironskin, soup, regeneration, and magic power.

Strategy, make one large single wooden platform area somewhat above the ground. Buff using the use buff key, for me it is the B key, Heal using the heal key.  Make sure auto pause is on so that you can switch weapons if needed. Always attack. Destroy the drones to help heal you. Try to dodge the attacks the best you can. Don't fight him on a hardmode world. 

I probably could have taken him on a hardmode world, but I did not want to try it with out adamantite armor.
    Hmmm...Might try that strategy next time.

I think the one I was using might have worked if a wyvern hadn't shown up in the middle of the fight.
  • No rainbow star
    Yay found some gold

I now have an iron helmet, iron chainmail, silver greaves, and gold sword

Also, what should I do with all my copper? I have over 200 copper ore
  • I can see why your first attempt went south. Also wyverns are why I had to migrate to a new world. The joys of being slaughtered in your own home on a bloodmoon because those damn things can pass through walls and you made a sky base. 
  • edited 2011-12-06 22:52:49
    No rainbow star
    ^ How high up in the sky? Mine still shows the mountains behind it and is on a massive world. It's only high enough to stop zombies and goblins once I get rocket boots (right now it has access with a few wood platforms)

And still wondering what to do with the copper =/
  • ^It was almost touching the very top of the world. 
  • edited 2011-12-06 22:56:40
    No rainbow star
    Note to self: Nearly touching the very top of the world + Blood Moon = Angry dragons wanting your blood

...Also those are not wyverns. Wyverns have wings :<
  • edited 2011-12-08 01:38:20
    No rainbow star
    Well I just defeated Eye of Cthulhu

Didn't even take a full stack of Shurikens

All I used potions wise was a swiftness potion, a bowl of soup, a glowing mushroom (I forgot I had it before the healing potions) and a healing potion

It was easier than I thought :D

Already trying to find a demon altar again so that I can get more demonite

When should I take on an Eater of Worlds? I know it uses something similar to worms AI wise

Also, I found another above ground jungle on a farming map

Also also, I just realized that it will be a pain in the ass once I finally want to face Skeletron (my main map is a large map D:)
    Your next order of business should be to build a house for the Dryad, then buy purification powder and smash at least two shadow pearls. You're looking for an item called the VileThorn. If you can get it, it'll make the Eater easier than the Eye. If not, it's still pretty easy.

Be ready, as it will appear instantly if you smash a third.
  • A ball of hurt would also make the eater easier.

In hardmode news the twins can go fuck themselves. 
    You don't even need that. Just get a Night's Edge and an Ironskin potion and you can just mindlessly chop it to bits.
    ^Because people who haven't fought the Eater yet have easy access to the most powerful pre-1.1 melee weapon?
    Whoops I meant the Light's Bane.You can still do the same strategy with that, and you should have enough Demonite to craft it from the Eye.
    Oh, yeah, Light's Bane generally works. But the VileThorn just makes it absurdly easy.
  • No rainbow star
    I got a ruthless lights bane first try at making one, actually

-10% knock back, but +18% damage makes me drool... :3

I tried to go after shadow pearls already, but I was nearly knocked into chasms several times (only threat to me currently with my bow and sword). So I'm trying to make a tunnel that skeletons will spawn in so I can try to get an iron hook, allowing me to explore more easily

I'll probably stop breaking shadow pearls on the second one and make an arena that is well lit just so that I can see where the damn worm is (and even if the seeing part fails, at least I can dodge worms more easily on a flat platform)

The eater of worlds actually doesn't have me too worried as a whole. I'm more worried about being snuck up on by segments
  • edited 2011-12-08 12:57:08
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Protip: once you have purification powder, you can just tunnel into the bottoms of the chasms. Buy a lot of it, though.

Also, that weapon's excellent for the Eater, since it's immune to knockback. Not quite as excellent as the VileThorn, though, which is just absurdly overpowered against it.
  • If that don't work, use more gun.
    Actually, the lack of knockback is rather excellent for comboing enemies.  It's called Ruthless for a reason.
    Ah, I see. I usually rely on knockback to stay alive, though.
  • edited 2011-12-08 18:39:25
    No rainbow star
    I'm guessing ruthless would work best on something that swings fast and would have low enough knockback from Ruthless that it would keep the enemy trapped while at the same time unable to touch you

Edit: Oh, and I got a Godly Copper Pickaxe on a new character D:
  • Quick note, terraria is in for a minor update come the 15th