If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• Wait, what was that?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I put a link to the post in the quote.
  • Oh, duh. Like I said, sleep-deprived.

Anyways, yeah, "phpBB gets hacked too easy, let's move to some hacked together wiki pages instead!" has to be the dumbest decision made in the history of TVTropes.

It's like saying if the lock on your front door doesn't work, it's a better idea to hold it closed with paperclips.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    "We're here to support the site, not the users. We're not a bank."

OK then. I guess it's time to go nuke my account due to glaring security issues that- wait, I used a different password anyway. Never mind.
  • I'm now glad I made the decision long ago to use never use the same password between TVT and any other site.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Is it bad that I like the forum as it is now, instead of some overused phpBB stuff?

And the dumbest decision in the history of TV Tropes is still Troper Tales.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    ^Negative. The dumbest decision was Trope-tan.
  • The dumbest decision about Tvtropes was OBVIOUSLY Tvtropes.
    I don't mind the forum, it's not aesthetically horrible, but I... don't like the notion of the administrator of a website being unwilling to swap to a different base if it would mean protecting the interests of the users. I mean, it's all well and good to want to serve the site, but to essentially turn to the users and say "No, fuck you, I don't care about protecting your security"...
  • edited 2011-08-11 05:13:14
    I decided to get a handle and actively edit the wiki because of Trope-tan.

I do stuff for weird reasons, but still.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    I don't even want to know.
  • edited 2011-08-11 06:31:52
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Actually the thing that bothers me most about Trope-tan is her color scheme. Bright blue and dull yellowish-brown look terrible together.

Otherwise, she's not that bad of a mascot and just needs something of a makeover.
  • edited 2011-08-11 08:05:48

• @Myrmidon: Just think who you're asking for a second, honestly.
  • edited 2011-08-11 08:05:43

• edited 2011-08-11 07:52:54
    Electric Boogaloo
    If two posts count as an obsession, then what the fuck do you have for me, you fuckin e-stalker?
  • Technically 3 if you count the SA thread.

• edited 2011-08-11 08:05:31

• edited 2011-08-11 07:58:46
    Electric Boogaloo
    Thank you, Counterclock. But I was actually counting that one and the first one I made here. I didn't count the replies because, well, they're replies and obviously someone's expecting me to respond on the subject matter in order for a conversation to occur.

^It sends the wrong message.
  • edited 2011-08-11 08:05:36

• I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Um, what wrong message does trope-tan send?

It's just TV Tropes participating in a recent trend of people creating personification characters of websites.
  • edited 2011-08-11 08:01:25
    Belief
    Nother person apparently.
  • Let's take this elsewhere, please.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    How 'bout we just end it period?
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    This Trope-tan "debate?" is like a Dragon Ball Z fight. It just keeps jumping around to different threads and I assume different forums.
  • You know, I find it almost hilariously hypocritcal of the silent minority of people voting No on the Troper Tales thing.

Come on, A lot of them have had the courage to put some pretty far out shit on Troper Tales, But now they aren't willing to voice a concern?
  • ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    @FE's "no security problems" post

hahahaha what
  • edited 2011-08-11 08:43:52
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    To see the security problem all you need to do is highlight the image uploader.

The system should not be able to pull your password back out of a hash. Decent hashes don't allow for that.
  • You can change. You can.
    Welp, that was the deumbest thing I've ever read.

@Trope Tan: Nobody cares

@Forums: I know I might be insane for this, but as much as I know the forum is badly coded, I never understood the complaints about it being unreadable.
  • It's probably the text wraparound.
This discussion has been closed.