If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• I mean Fighteer's post here.
  • You can change. You can.
    Ah.

Why didn't anybody holler the fuck out of that?
  • edited 2011-08-10 18:25:25
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Wasn't Night the one that sent Juan that PM about not speaking up in the topic?

Actually don't answer that, and I suggest we drop this particular tangent right now. This might count as drama importation.

Nope. Twas Jeysie. 

Night's style sounds familiar, though.
  • edited 2011-08-10 18:59:04
    Thump.
  • edited 2011-08-10 18:59:10
    Thump.
  • edited 2011-08-10 18:59:25
    You can change. You can.
    Thump.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Come on, people, you all know better than this.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    sure is thumped around here
  • edited 2011-08-10 19:18:54
    You can change. You can.
    ^^ Apparently not.

but my point still stands that he's sorta right that we've been sorta approaching this the wrong way.

I don't think it's been to the extremes he has said we did, but...yeah, stuff like strawmanning the other side and claim that we automatically know best is not helpful in anyway to win people to our side. 

all we can do is argue and point out...well, points.
  • If I had a driver's license, I would buy a beer for Bobby right now.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    I would buy Bobby an entire feast.
  • edited 2011-08-10 19:35:34
    @ninjaclown: I thought you lived in Canada, not the UK...
  • edited 2011-08-10 19:35:24
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Fuck, I'd buy Bobby Absinthe at this point.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I've already sacrificed a whole elephant carcass in his name, along with other heretical things. But the beer idea is nice too.
    Fairly sure Bobby won us the argument. 
  • edited 2011-08-10 19:58:56
    I do live in Canada, you need a driver's license.

Juan and I both won 2 combined, Bobby won like 10 and counting.
  • Or maybe you'd need an amphibious car. Capable of crossing the Atlantic.
    Worth it every second.
  • Sure, all someone needs to do is fork over $2000+. XD
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Juan and I both won 2 combined, Bobby won like 10 and counting.

I scored at least 3 (Stolen, Sabre's Edge, Legionnaire).
    Did they vote to keep Troper Tales at first?

THIS IS IMPORTANT
  • I know mine did, what about you guys?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Sabre's Edge and Legionnaire did, I think, while Stolen wasn't voting.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I talked to stolen, you didn't convince her, she just needed to know where to vote.
    I talked to her on the phone quite a while ago about the whole deal ^_^ If she needs reminding, it was the second time we talked on the phone, and we also discussed other websites and she told me more about her sister.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    You don't have to be so specific, it's pretty scary for you to divulge stuff like that, even if just the bare basics.
  • I honestly always felt that he was the only moderator that I could say was also a person I enjoyed talking to.

Except for Morven sometimes.
    Me too, to be honest.

Speaking of mods, anyone else think that Fighteer invoking mod-hat-rage-mode in that last post was totally unnecessary?
    I didn't see the post in question, but it does always irritate me when a mod (and I've seen all of them do it at times) pulls out "mod hat" for things that don't mean it. It's more persuasive to let your argument stand on its own merit, without saying "and also I'm in charge."
    You don't have to be so specific, it's pretty scary for you to divulge stuff like that, even if just the bare basics.

-shrug-

I did not think you would accept a simple 'Just ask her', and she may have even forgotten that we talked about that specifically among everything else, so I specified other things we talked about at the time so that it would jog her memory.

If that was wrong, I am sorry. I did not think it was.
This discussion has been closed.