If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• edited 2011-08-11 21:28:34
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^ Now wait a minute.That was a great album!

^^ Discussing the removal of Troper Tales from the wiki. See this thread.
  • K'. Thanks.

...Almost half of the people who voted actually want to keep TT around? Yikes. I guess I picked the right time to leave TVTropes.
  • Oh Bob, you so crazy.
  • @GL: This is the only sound I can associate with that album cover:

• edited 2011-08-11 21:41:39
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Postthump spree in the second thread.

I find it...odd...that the pro-TT people didn't get thumped, even when they were responding to posts that were thumped for being offtopic.

EDIT: Nevermind, there's one exception to that that she hadn't gotten to yet.
  • So I come back to a post thumping spree...okay really? How those off-topic?
  • edited 2011-08-11 21:46:53
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Eh, I can buy that they were offtopic (as we were arguing about whether the thread itself should exist). I just feel like she was more lenient with pro-TT people than with anti-TT people when it came to thumping.
  • You can change. You can.
    Blugh that thread should be nuked outta existence.

The passive aggresiveness in there is enough to kill at least one puppy.
  • What thread are we talking about?
  • edited 2011-08-11 21:53:38
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I also like how every post made by an IJBMer was thumped. 

And the use of off-topic thumping has really been bothering me lately. 
  • Seriously, what thread?
  • edited 2011-08-11 22:40:37
    Electric Boogaloo
    Thump.

(Not allowed? Word.)
  • You know. if they want to "Try" to fix the issue with that thread. let them.

In fact, link that thread in the deletion thread... because you know why, that's just an admission that TT as is broken and dirty.
    i think that was something that everyone agreed to, by now. The problem is that some believe it can be fixed and that we haven't tried hard enough.

Because clearly, three attempts at cleaning up are not enough.
  • You know at least one person who's going to threadhop all the subjects we've brought up is going to say that it works.

Actually, if you wouldn't mind dumpster diving and finding all the threads that dealed with fixing Troper tales in the past. link those in the deletion thread and in the 'fix' thread.

I don't work for you, honey.

Welp, except when you ask me to nicely, that is. 

but that is something I'm not gonna do. Mostly because we've already been accused of supposedly strawmanning the people who want to keep TT into a bunch of ignorants who don't read threads, don't see links, etc etc.
  • edited 2011-08-11 22:54:58
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    I'm an IJBMer and anti-TT and I managed to dodge the shillelagh of whackingness. This is probably because I arrived after the mass thump so I realized I had to carefully word my post and pick my argument.

I do find the thumping trend a little disturbing though.
  • Actually, do it under the guise of helping Pro-TT.

Link them to the threads and present the question "This is the work that's been done before, if you really want TT to stay, can you offer fixes to the system that haven't already been offered?"

Think about for a second, if we give them time and a list of what's already been done, they might make new even moe valid arguments...

S'is the way I see it.
    But...but...I don't wanna help the opposition. D:
  • If in 3 thread every possible way to fix it hasn't been brought up, then We might have something to fear
  • @Don Zabu: So it's called the Howie Scream? I'd heard it used all over the place, but didn't know what it was called. :(
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Five thumps? Jesus. That's a dozen since this entire thing started, and I only had two in my entire career before this. Only one was done outside of TRS and Wiki Talk.

This is a joke.
  • I really want to believe there is no bias, but damn are they not helping.
  • I want to believe that faeries and dragons really exist, but it's not a good idea and I have no evidence to support it.

We all want to believe in silly things.
    Meh, we've got Bobby on our side.

They could have Abraham Lincoln on their side and we'd still win.
  • edited 2011-08-12 00:51:21
    Woki mit deim Popo.
    ^^ Didn't you get thumped too?
  • To quote James Dean, TV Tropes is TEARING ITSELF APART, LISA.
  • ^^What? No, don't be silly. A lil' angel like me? Hehe, how absurd! ^_^

<_<

>_>
This discussion has been closed.