If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I was thumped for asking a question.

How lovely.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Huh. You receive a PM when your post gets thumped? 
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^I think it's just from the last three months or so.
  • Actually, I think Bobby left because of that stupid flame war Chagen and Captain Fargle got into on that one thread he made.
    ^Yep, that's the one.
  • Can't help but think Fast Eddie has already decided to delay this further.
    The crowner is still showing motion, and it's a big decision.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    No, that's not it. It was a thread I made, but I deleted it. Something to do with evidence of absence.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ I cited the thread in a PM to GLORIOUS to attempt to avoid this derail, but it appears that this thread was deleted altogether.
  • Our complaints aren't going away, Pro-TT, they're just getting more and more refined.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I deleted it. I wanted no evidence of the shame >_>
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Is there a maximum time for a crowner? Because shimaspawn said that this should be a week at the MINIMUM.
  • I don't want to do this anymore, I just want it to end.
    Another thump. At least [REDACTED] was recognized as blamey.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Expand on that, gloriousleader.
    He said something to the tune of, "It's not the fault of bad tropers for adding bad entries, but rather YOUR fault for not TRYING hard enough to delete the bad entries! Which is why TT should stay."
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Excuse me while I erase that comment from my mind, I don't want to be a cynic, after all.
  • I deleted it. I wanted no evidence of the shame >_>
    My first thought was "I don't like it when mods delete things for reasons like that", but I am very much guilty of the same thing, so I can see why you'd do it.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ To be fair, I wouldn't have deleted it, if I were dealing with the situation more closely at the time.
    When you say deleted, you mean the thread where Fargle argued for the deletion of every religion ever, right?
  • Alright, who's banned now?
    Yes.

It was a very stupid thread, and there was no reason to keep it around, and it had actively contributed to a respected member of the community choosing to leave the site.

I'm not blaming any one group. I'm trying to say that as a whole everyone could have done more to solve the problem. Everyone including me, the community, the people in this thread, and the people who posted the entries in the first place. Everyone had a part in this, I'm just acknowledging that fact. I'm sorry if I seemed rude.

Go away.
  • edited 2011-08-10 23:16:57
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "When you say deleted, you mean the thread where Fargle argued for the deletion of every religion ever, right?"

I'm pretty sure he did that in multiple threads, but yes.

^ Well, I follow the strict criteria of "If it descended into shit in spite of a workable premise, lock; if it was shit from the beginning, delete", and if I remember correctly, it was the former and did not have to turn into a shitstorm.
    I follow the strict criteria of "Do whichever seems more workable at the time."
    I follow the strict criteria of "I'm not a mod and I totally would nuke everything if I could for lulzes"
  • Electric Boogaloo
    Bobby G! Mai Niggah!
  • So long much longer do you think the poll will stay open?
    I hope that not for long, but I don't think I'll get my wish granted here.
  • Where was that?

This discussion has been closed.