If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    No point in telling a guy he has a hole in his roof if he's content to stand there with a broken umbrella.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    (pats Juan on the back)

I know that feeling, bro. Just step back for a bit. Make a post about PS3 backwards-compatibility flubs and take a take a break. When you come back, you'll probably still think 'fuck it' but it will at least be more serene.
  • From what I've heard, Night is a pretty smug stan himself.
  • @Kino, yeah, but some of us actually wanted to live in that house.

Oh well really /shrug
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    At this point, I think Juan's got the right idea.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have the self control to stop looking at the thread.
  • What Forzare said.
  • edited 2011-08-09 22:31:02
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I stopped looking after I voted. Nothing said will change my mind... and really I find it harder and harder to care. I only occasionally even visit the wiki and avoid Troper Tales like the drunk chick in the dorm. Like I do want the wiki to be better, but it's just a place on the internet and I can't fight the will of those who run it.

Damn, where's Vorpy and one of her moments of clarity when you need it.
  • You can change. You can.
    ^this.

Well, to be fair, some posts (and some posters) are better off unacknowledged, and this is one of those times. You don't have to take everything people say at face value.

No, I don't. But this is not just about that. this is about how I'm creating a supposedly bad atmosphere over at TRS. I'm just tired of how what we're doing is dislike by many. Maybe if we stop, they'll reconsider. I know I will. I know my contributions to that thread have been nothing but repeating the same points ad nauseaum. It gets tiring and it's getting on my nerves as well. So fuck it. I'll just watch Kamina being cool and shit and that'll be it. 
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    At this point, I think Juan's got the right idea.
    Unfortunately for me, I don't have the self control to stop looking at the thread.
    @Juan: Smoke some pot, drink a bit, then come back in a week; if it sucks you should deuce out.
  • edited 2011-08-09 22:38:11
    Has friends besides tanks now
    >So fuck it. I'll just watch Kamina being cool and shit and that'll be it. 
    >Kamina being cool
    >Kamina
    >cool
    >greentext

But on a more serious note, I can see why you're distressed, but at the same time, there's not much you can do but say "Haters Gonna Hate" when someone is that wrong, in my opinion.
  • This isn't necessarily the reason I quit the site, but it sure as Hell backs that decision up.
    I'm not really distressed, I'm just being reasonable here, really.

the thread is stuck in a circle and I don't wish to participate. I could get angry at it, but by now, it's like getting angry at a cat for not being a dog, so...um...yeah.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    In all honesty, the thread itself is driving me away from the site just from the sheer... tiring-ness of it.
  • In all honesty, the thread itself is driving me away from the site just from the sheer... tiring-ness of it.
    Me too.

Not that I usually go anywhere but Yack Fest, anyway, but for some reason I can't stop refreshing the TT thread.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    In all honesty, the thread itself is driving me away from the site just from the sheer... tiring-ness of it.

Me three.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Gah, my dislike of TVT has gotten to the point where I can't even look at Giant in the Playground forumites the same anymore because I'm aware of the overlap between there and TVT.

:/
  • ''Ugly is beautiful, Beauty so terrible. Thinking of you...''
    Me four.
  • It's the root of a bigger problem with the wiki.

Tvtropes Repair People are children who scream and whine and cry and hold onto the sides of the door to the dentist while it's a got a mouth full of cavities
    @Everest: But Haven is a bro!
  • Poot dispenser here
    I'm not actually getting driven away, but it really isn't helping my opinion of the site.
    Hope you guys have $10 to spend.
    @Juan_Carlos: Well, I know he is. But I just can't help but snerk at others when they cite trope names in their posts.
    Haven does it.

And Haven is the best thing to have ever happened to the internet.

HAVEN DIED AND WAS PUNISHED FOR YOUR SINS! HE WAS ALSO SET ON FIRE VIA MAGIC, OK?
    The arguments are circular because we're not allowed to update posts or the crowner to reflect the arguments that have been brought up and he reasons to and against cutting it, because that's somehow unfair to people who have already voted.

People are attacking us because the arguments are going circular because we're not allowed to update the crowner.

People are voting without all the relevant information because of a moderator's decision overruling common sense.

Hours of effort on mine and Nornagest's behalf and significant investments of time on Forzare's and ninjaclown's parts are being ignored because... it's easier for them to claim they're invalid without presenting a reason why than it is to go to the effort of rebuking the posts.

The top tiers of moderators are against the decision.

The mods who are supporting our side are bloody tools, outside of Bobby, and are being overly harsh to the point that if anybody else had done it they would have received a warning because ninjaclown was trying to help.

People constantly offer up the same arguments again and again, and then snark at us when we rebut them because we're not offering up new information because nobody has rebuked the stuff we already have.

And because of all this, the ratio is fucking dropping further.

This is fucking stupid.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I probably care more about this than what is probably healthy. But I'm not at the point where I want this to be over with.
    "Everyone in this thread probably cares more about this than what is probably healthy."

Fixed that for ya.

Seriously, I recommend Leechblocking TVTropes to the people who are legitimately getting worked up over this.
  • ''Ugly is beautiful, Beauty so terrible. Thinking of you...''
    [headesk][headdesk][headdesk]
    Google Chrome. Plus, I can't exactly be bothered installing this shit when I'm getting a new laptop today.
  • ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    What the fuck does "trope newscasting" even mean
This discussion has been closed.