If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• I still find it amazing that it requires a double majority to pass things.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^It's not even a rule. It's something made up by the anti-change people in the TRS (which is about half of the TRS, from what I can tell). It gets followed as if it were a rule, though.
  • Are you serious
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Wait, so then how are decisions implemented? It's basically a bunch of people resisting change by making up arbitrary rules nobody even knows about?

CONGRESS!
  • You can change. You can.
    Yup, pretty much. I just saw Madrugada and Fighteer specifically say that it is not a rule, just a guideline.

The fact that Madrugada seems out numbered by the mods seems good enough for me to believe that there might be some leniency on our side. Not much.

I think that if the ration goes down to 1.5 : 1, then we're done. 
  • Poot dispenser here
    Fighteer called a consensus during the Mario rename, which proves that it's not a strictly-enforced rule.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    2.02:1 now.
    At this point, it might come down to what Eddie thinks. 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think that scares me most of all.
  • edited 2011-08-09 20:55:39
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    The apparent resistance/inability of the wiki to solve its fundamental problems has been pissing me off lately, but I'm far from about to quit--I still like the community there.

^ Yes, I have to agree. I'm not a huge fan of Eddie's personal decisions.
    Yup. 

I don't have much faith on the fast one myself.

Well, depends on which fast one.

Oh, how I wish Barry Allen was in charge.
  • edited 2011-08-09 21:04:20
    I know of at least once instance where Fast Eddie followed through on what the Crowner voted even while he personally disagreed with it, so I don't know.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Bleh. I just want this to end soon so everyone can get on with their lives.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    The fact that Eddie has said he still thinks that TT can be salvaged. And that the next person on the totem pole, Madrugada, is still adamantly for it is very worrying.
  • edited 2011-08-09 21:08:26
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    If this goes through there will be such a great and glorious feast like you wouldn't believe.

God knows I'll be happy.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Not to sound pessimistic, but talking about the crowner going through at this point is more depressing than anything else.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    There's really not much we can do at this point but wait and see what happens.
    It'll be kinda funny to go and read through all the posts where we were like, "YAY TT IS BEING DELETED FOREVER!!! :D"
    Didn't know that kicks on the balls felt funny. 

@Everest: Pretty much where I'm standing by now.
  • edited 2011-08-09 21:16:01
    @Last page: Somebody said it first, so I can stop being a coward and say it too. The atmosphere over that thread is hostile towards TT supporters, I've counted 3 out of 4 supporters getting personally attacked when they tried to defend their position (however poorly). No, it wasn't by anybody here. No, I don't think the lack of a vocal opposition is entirely their fault. But I do think that speaking against that will help you win the vote of people who would otherwise be reluctant to vote against people who apparently would hate them should they show up.

I know it was hard for me to agree with something like that back when I frequented TRS, and ultimately it's why I left, I don't think it's that different from this.

Edit: 3 no votes for a change of lead...
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    You're right about that.

I don't think the overwhelming presence of anti-TT people on the thread helps, either, and unfortunately unless more pro-TT people speak up, there's not much that can be done about that.
    It doesn't help that there have been posters who have gravedanced and even attacked the TT wiki.

All in all, I think we have done some things that have probably ruined it and there's nothing we really can't do except people reconsider and see past the douchiness on both sides and simply vote based on their own criteria.
  • edited 2011-08-09 21:20:39
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just want this to be over. One way or the other. So I can just leave or not.
  • Bleh. I just want this to end soon so everyone can get on with their lives.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "I just want this to be over. One way or the other. So I can just leave or not."

Save yourself some grief and just leave, I say.
  • Poot dispenser here
    Guys, what if I used this thread to get some more votes on the condition that they don't mention This Troper or SA?

Mods, would this be a bad idea?
  • edited 2011-08-09 21:30:13
    You can change. You can.
    Yeah, forzare, it's not like you really like the place much...

Anyway, I already made up my mind about it, and as stated before, I'll stay. I like YF and I think it is pretty cool, when it's not hugboxy.

inb4 When isn't it hugboxy?

^I'm fairly sure they have already voted. If you're gonna mention how important this voting is there, I don't think it's a matter that even concerns our mods.
  • edited 2011-08-09 21:30:18
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Yes, but don't tell them "go vote yes on Troper Tales being deleted."  Just tell them that it's being voted on.
  • Poot dispenser here
    Right.
  • edited 2011-08-09 21:30:55
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I do like the wiki.  I really do.  It has it's problems, big problems, but if the community can just get it's shit together to start noticing and fixing them, I'll be happy.
This discussion has been closed.