If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• Yeah, seeing mods say things that would get anyone else thumped is EXTREMELY irritating.

Especially when they use "Mod Hat mode" to do it.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    No, I'm getting sick of this. The ratio is at dire risk of falling below 2:1. Madrugada and Eddie have both stated that they don't think it should be deleted. They're only backing the notion of a 'fair and democratic vote' via pretense now, as they're actively preventing people from presenting relevant information via threat of permabanning.

I want to remain optimistic, but it's not headed in that direction.
  • Poot dispenser here
    Lovely, Eddie showed up.

Okay, guys, we may need to make a push here.
  • .... There's a reason... that TT defenders are being silent?

Because they feel the majority of people are hostile to them?

You know, I'm calm, collected, and reasonable right, now so I would like... Ummm, Proof that the majority of TT deleters are as bad as they say.

They can't bother to offer that? then that is how you define hypocrisy...especially when they use the defense "TT isn't all bad"
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Look at the Troper Tales removal attempt down the page from this thread.

You'll see all kinds of bad arguments in there, arguments from emotion, arguments without substance. It took something like twenty pages before someone even introduced a quantifiable survey of one page Troper Tales to the thread, which is an absolutely fucking disgraceful way of conducting an argument. It took another twenty pages before someone surveyed a second page of Troper Tales, when there are probably hundreds. People were patting themselves on the back and treating two pages out of several hundred as conclusive evidence for something.

I am personally in favor of the removal of Troper Tales. But frankly after witnessing the terrible execution of the argument against troper tales and the browbeating carried out by its proponents, if it were up to me I'd keep the damn things because I am simply that disgusted with the argumentative effort of my own side.

• keep being classy as ever Eddie, for realz
  • keep being classy as ever Eddie, for realz
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    ^^Or maybe they're whiny bitches who would lose a debate./
  • edited 2011-08-09 22:14:21
    ^^^^^^ We can't. There's no one left to rally, and we can't vote unless our accounts are a week old.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Wha..where's that from?
  • edited 2011-08-09 22:15:47
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @ Post Cygan Linked

(屮゚Д゚)屮
  • edited 2011-08-09 22:16:41
    TT defenders are silent because their position is being backed by the only person who's opinion matters. There's no need to speak up.

Where is that post from, Cygan?
    The 'Trope Repair Shop Participation' thread.
    TT defenders are silent because their position is being backed by the only person who's opinion matters. There's no need to speak up.

Yup. They have the admin and the most senior mod on their side. No reason to actually try to convince anyone.
  • You can change. You can.
    It amuses me because he's implying that somehow, none of this had come up before in other threads.

this was something that everybody knew and nobody dares say till now.

And the "supposed twenty pages" deal was into the eight page. And then, they told us that wasn't valid. And then we did it again.

And again. And again. And again. 
  • This thread now has more posts than the sandbox.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Um...when did Eddie state that he supported keeping them? I've only seen like two posts by him in the thread, and the first said he'd remove them if the site wanted him to.
  • edited 2011-08-09 22:19:14
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @Cygan's quote:

Wow.

^ FE didn't say it. It wasn't even a mod.
    I spent hours trawling through Troper Tales to find this crap. Nornagest spent hours looking through it all.
    Um...when did Eddie state that he supported keeping them? I've only seen like two posts by him in the thread, and the first said he'd remove them if the site wanted him to.

I'm not necessarily sticking up for TT. I do think there isn't as much trouble there as some people seem to think there is.

If we think it should go — not some jerkoffs on another site — then it should go.

• edited 2011-08-09 22:21:03
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Sounds like he doesn't especially care one way or the other to me.

Although he doesn't seem to consider the "reputation" thing to be a valid argument.
  • @Cygan: Could you possibly link to that post? I'm not finding it in the thread...
    Which post? Eddie's or the one from the TRS participation thread?
  • You can change. You can.
    you know what? Fuck it.

Just fuck it all. I already voted. I'm tired of the circular arguments. Of how, positing a bunch of facts is now considered subjective when convenient and how people who are not even contributing to the discussion somehow feel they're entitled to attack us and insult us in different threads.

No, really, just fuck it all. I'm just taking that thread away from my watchlist and I'll keep reporting back here with ideas or jokes, but really....just...fuck it.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Well, to be fair, some posts (and some posters) are better off unacknowledged, and this is one of those times. You don't have to take everything people say at face value.
  • edited 2011-08-09 22:22:24
    Poot dispenser here
    @INUH: Which is why I cautioned people in the This Troper thread not to mention it or SA.
  • We do have other ways of stopping "This troper..." now.
  • Oh, it was some poster saying that, not Fast Eddie? Ok. I was afraid there for a second!
  • You know, it might be easier to have good debates if TT defenders showed their face and started debating.

One of the only people who did that was Glenn from here, and while he did thread, he actually raised a good point that made me reconsider my position a bit.

Not enough, mind you, but his posting did have an impact.
    Oh, it was some poster saying that, not Fast Eddie? Ok. I was afraid there for a second!

It was a guy called Night.
This discussion has been closed.