If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Wait... does that mean being an IJBMer I'm the enemy now?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    And me too? :(
  • edited 2011-08-07 03:19:44
    Considering that the three of us all voiced disapproval of the Rin Kokonoe Liveblogging After Sex thread, we should be okay. :p

...Wait, you did voice disapproval, right? It's the only way to save yourselves, by condemning others.
  • Please, tell me you did so without actually clicking on the thread.

Please.
  • Oh no, the thread radioactivity has infected us all and we have leukemia
  • No, Ivy. It's much worse. You have...

LOLICANCER.

[dramatic music]
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I did >_>
  • The SA thread seems kind of hyperbolic right now.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    What else is new?
  • edited 2011-08-07 09:45:01
    tl;dr I don't know why Scrye hates the community that loved him so much.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious who you're referring to. Cut it out with the passive-aggressive shit.
    Thank you.
  • You can change. You can.
    anyway, to answer your question, well...if Scrye was joking as you say he said he did, then...well...yeah
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    What?
  • Doesn't change the way the community loved him.
    You don't have to like back everything that likes you, Myrmidon. If that were true, no dog woulld bite a person, ever
  • Were you even around back when he was a poster?
  • That explains it, then.
    I lurked, though. 
  • Not sufficient.
    -shrug- very well, then.

Keep your hateboner, sir. Just please don't brandish it while I'm around. 
  • I'm just saying that it's weird for him to accuse all tropers of having a knee-jerk hatred for "Jocks"(I feel like I'm in an eighties teen movie every time I use that word) when he has first-hand experience of that not being true.
  • On the magical girls thing: you guys do realize that the OP stated it was meant to just be a "fun little project", right? I didn't get the impression that they were out to make the next War and Peace or anything, though I only skimmed the first few pages of the thread.
    They ignored pretty much any advice given to them.
    I'm just saying that it's weird for him to accuse all tropers of having a knee-jerk hatred for "Jocks"(I feel like I'm in an eighties teen movie every time I use that word) when he has first-hand experience of that not being true.

OK, one: Why didn't you say so at first?

Two: It's the SA thread. Sure, I like reading some of the posts and it's interesting some times, but hyperbole always abounded there and they always thought that being a troper meant being a weeaboo who has never ever touched a girl or a gootball.
  • Are you guys talking about the writer's block thread?
    yupyup
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-08-07 10:33:13
    Ah. I don't really pay attention to those threads, except when I jump in the Lets Make a Shonen thread from time to time to see if they actually made any progress.

I take it that it's more lulzy than it first appears.

Then again, I never liked mass projects. It's like...too many ideas, and if they don't like yours, then it can't be done, and if you're working that hard on something, you're gonna get attached...

Plus, it's probably shitty.

Although, I think everything on writer's block is shitty so...