If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

edited 2011-07-31 21:34:39 in Webspace
Has friends besides tanks now
But I don't have much money of my own and I doubt mom would like the idea of me paying to join a forum.

Please please please please please PLEASE don't use this thread as an excuse to import drama; this is a legitimate complaint, and I would appreciate it if there were no comments such as "blah blah they're the enemy blah" or "they probably hate me anyway".

As an aside, if anyone wants to use this as an intersite communication thread, go ahead, as long as you keep it civil.

Speaking of which, if any goons read this, I'd like to thank Miijhal for getting me to watch Darker Than Black. Can't say I enjoyed the second season, but I liked the first well enough.

Comments

• Miij left tvt D:
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've never really seen why a forum is worth paying for.
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:29:47
    ^^ I kinda figured, given that he is now so willing to bash it along with the rest of the goons in the TVTropes thread.

Then again, I left too, so I don't blame him.
  • I think you get a bunch of extra perks, but I don't know for sure.
  • I really wish I had an ignore extension for my Ipod.

Because this thread is going to make me snap solely for its existence. And I'd rather not explode in here.

:/
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:31:30
    Because this thread is going to make me snap solely for its existence.

Why's that, again?
  • Everyone on TVT is slowly but surely leaving ;_;

This makes me sad.
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:34:35
    ^^ He doesn't like SA very much. Let's keep it at that.

I've heard the mods will find any reason to ban people since it'll force them to cough up another $10 to join. Is this true?
  • I think part of the reason you have to pay is so that they can keep out the riff-raff.

Actually, a lot of SA's culture in general is based around keeping out the riff-raff. The results are mixed.
  • "Why's that, again?"

Because I tend to get angry over petty things.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    If I can waste money on internet clothes on Gaia, and waste money on guns for Team Fortress 2, I can surely waste 54.99 for a Ultimate Premium Membership at SA.
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:33:35
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^So...if you can pay, you're automatically not riff-raff?
  • No, it's just that bored thirteen year olds generally don't pay money to troll a site when there are plenty of lower-hanging fruits that don't require money.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think the idea is that you're less likely to be a troll/stupid if there's actual money on the line.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    No, but if you can pay and not manage to get banned, then you're not riff-raff. 
  • ""So...if you can pay, you're automatically not riff-raff?

Most trolls balk at having to pay money to troll.

Which doesn't really work, given what the site is, but hey.
    I would buy the lowest account there is possible, just so I could read things. Posting things will increase your chances of getting banned.
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:36:25
    ^^ GIS for "rich troll".

• Mind you, people still pay to post threads that consist of "nigga, you gay".

I have no idea why they do that, but they do.
  • "Mind you, people still pay to post threads that consist of "nigga, you gay".

I have no idea why they do that, but they do."

I expected as much.
  • You can change. You can.
    I'd join if it wasn't because of the location issues and the problem with giving them my money in order to join.

Also, I've been thinking of leavin TvT myself, as it is, I didn't like the wiki that much back when I started and I only joined the forums because I thought there would be interesting media discussion. Didn't happen.

The only thing that is keeping me there are some of the people I've met who refuse to gimme another way of contacting them.

Bitches.

I have no idea why they do that, but they do.

There was something on demonoid.com that allowed you to use bugged credit card numbers to buy accounts to troll with. Not sure if it was real, but that would probably be why so many "purchase only" things get cheated by trolls.
  • SA isn't even that good of a site.

Waste your money on something that will actually bring you joy. Like a video game. Or a movie. Anything but an SA subscription.
    Eh, YMMV as always, but I do enjoy reading their threads and wish I could join on their discussions sometimes. I do have problems with the community, though, but nothing's perfect
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:42:54
    Well, admittedly, part of my motivation for joining is to maybe ease communications between these two forums whenever they notice one of our threads, and perhaps provide insights, since over there I don't have the authority and obligation to shut things down if people get out of hand, and things don't get out of hand in that thread anyway (at least, not between fellow users, unlike here).

Or would going there and talking about this place count as exporting drama?
  • >Enjoying threads
    >On SA

These two cannot coexist together.
    Not really, no. Same way Miijhal and Shlapintogan could post in both places when they were tropers. Though Miij had pretty much left by then, so...
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Chagen.

Stop.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ Which is of course why the site is so popular.
  • edited 2011-07-31 21:45:17

Hey Chagen, how about leaving this thread be, if you hate SA so much? Truth be told, the "don't do this" disclaimer in the OP was meant to keep you out, for everyone's good, including yours.