If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Link to where it says that?
    JackBlackOhMaaan.avi

I didn't mean that they actually wrote that. I meant "apparently" as in they will probably handwave the idea of an age limit to justify having the characters be exposed to so much sexual themes.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Really the fanservice doesn't bother me as there are a lot of novels with freaky shit in them. (Anita Blake for example) It's just that the idea of an AMERICAN LIGHT NOVEL makes no fucking sense.
  • edited 2011-08-07 00:57:13
    Is it ever explained what this project is meant to accomplish? What themes are meant to be conveyed? What emotion instilled in the prospective reader? Or is it all an excuse to have SUPER AWESOME COOL fight scenes, followed by pubescent lesbian fanservice?

Why am I asking this when I already know the answer. :(

@Malkavian: Why on earth would anybody want to ape Laurell K. Hamilton?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-08-07 00:56:49
    ^^^Yikes.

The sad part is, I'm positively sure that if this were being designed as a trollfic designed to mock stuff like this and it had less to do with sexualized little girls, I would probably support it wholeheartedly.

^
    all an excuse to have SUPER AWESOME COOL fight scenes, followed by pubescent lesbian fanservice

Answered your own question there.
    Well, Nerds making things that sell to normal TV watchers is never bad. hell, that's how you get ratings.
    ^^^She makes money, dude. That's reason enough.
  • Bleh.

Also, um... I'd prefer it if you didn't refer to me as "dude".
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-08-07 01:01:09
    ^^^So, tropers are the Ke$ha / Katy Perry / Lady Gaga / [other musician tropers hate] of literature?
    Anita Blake isn't that bad though to be honest.
    ^^^It's a gender-neutral term, dude. =P
    Don't fucking do it Malkavian.
  • You can change. You can.
    And thus, Malkavian's death at Ivy's hands happened.

Anyway, bleh, stupid idea, bleh stupid LN thingie, bleh bleh bleh
    LN thingie

Lingerie
    You know what I mean. Stop looking for the stuff that you wish was there, damn it.
  • @Bob: ...Tropers hate Lady Gaga?

@Malkavian: :|

Ok. But only because you said it was gender neutral.
  • Come on, Ivy. You know tropers hate every popular modern musician ever.

But seriously, they do. The only tropers I remember that actually like(d) her are / were Korg / Tibetan Fox / Whatever and some other guy, and the other guy didn't actually like her, he just found her creepy enough to be sort of interesting.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I don't mind her. Any more than I mind most other musicians anyway.
    I dislike her and mock her but don't begrudge anyone liking her.

At least not until they get in my face for being homophobic for not liking her... fun times.... >_>
  • Inside, too dark to read
    @Engrish: What themes are meant to be conveyed? What emotion instilled in the prospective reader?

Who are you, Aristotle?

The true purpose of fiction is to mash up everything you think is cool and/or sexy into the trope equivalent of a vitamin-packed protein bar.
  • I went from being indifferent to her (first album) to loving her (second album), then went right back into indifference (third album, seriously, what the fuck).
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I like Lady Gaga, but I haven't heard her third album.
    I don't like her music and I honestly don't care.

Also, her music videos are annoying as fuck, so eh.
  • ^^Repetitive gay-club beats and Christian imagery. That's pretty much all there is to it.
    I like Ke$ha, Lady Gaga and sometimes Katy Perry.
    Katy Perry is the one I find myself enjoying the most...

also the occasional Taylor Swift song...

I'll turn in my testicles now...
    Why?

Are they broken? We don't do returns on testicles if you did not purchase a warranty.
  • WOOOoooooaaAAAOOoooOOOOH, THERE'S A PARTY AT A RICH DUDE'S HOUSE

WOOOOOO-OOOoooooOOOOAAAOOOH, THERE'S A PARTY AT A RICH DUDE'S HOUSE
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    SA members, here is a thread you might want to weigh in on if you are concerned about the moderation of the site.
  • They're pretty much forbidden from doing so, considering that the last time they had a thread on TV Tropes and people posted on the forums, it was seen as a raid, and the thread was shut down. Posters there have had to ask permission before posting here, in IJBM2, even.
    Awwww, that is annoying...

Well, they can follow it, at least. Hopefully it works out.