If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
  • edited 2011-07-31 22:38:00
    Thanks, GLORIOUS.

"Happy to see that Ebleem is lurking, though. He's a generally likable guy."

And thanks to you as well, Miij. The feeling is mutual.
  • I wish I had the money for a SA account as well.
  • edited 2011-07-31 22:48:28
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Quoth Obligatory Toast:

"Everest, I like you dude, but even SA knows when to nip a bad bud. He's a bad poster, and unless he's forced to stop being a bad poster he'll continue to shit up your forums."

I know he's a bad poster. I've probably told him this to his face at some point or another. But if I start enforcing the rules of this site to the point where I ban him for possibly-construable-as-personal-attacks posts and harshly-worded-but-not-directed-at-someone posts . . . I don't know if that's a precedent I want to set, especially with how often certain people around here toe the line anyway.

Besides, if he hadn't taken it upon himself to ragequit this place for a while, I was going to suggest it to the rest of the mods that we initiate the second strike in his record, on account of this recent spectacle.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'd like to append to that post that the primary problem with IJBM is that if we actually enforced the rules, maybe 10% of the userbase here wouldn't get banned.
  • edited 2011-07-31 22:49:37
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I... don't think we should let him off of getting a strike just because he decided to leave.  This is the second time he's imported massive drama in a big way. 

I think that there's a point where a poster constantly causes shitstorms so often that it's not worth it.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I really wish I could ask 'why do people care about what they think' but I know exactly why. It's not fun to be personally dissed and it's not fun to have people you would probably consider your friends dissed either. It's also a complete bitch move to accuse said people of not having a sense of humor.

That said, I wish this shit would end on both sides so we can all move on with our sad, bitching on the intertubes, lives.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    ^^ Agree with Forzare.
  • edited 2011-07-31 22:49:45
    ^^^ Callous of me to say this, but: works for me. I'll head to the mod cave for now.

-doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo  BATMAAAAAAN!-
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    maybe 10% of the userbase here wouldn't get banned.

Let's be honest INUH. I am not 90% of the userbase. :3

Well that's not me bragging about it, it's just be acknowledging that I seem to be a shitstorm catalyst at times.
  • Clean your room little Billy

To any lurking goons: the second Paranormal Images thread is brilliant, keep it up.

To ex-troper goons: Sorry about any forum/site drama that drove you away from TVT, and I hope SA's been kinder to you,

• Okay, I came back to say this.

I apologize for the drama. I'm trying to make myself a better person, but it isn't working. Anyway, I really don't like my massive dramawhine and feel rather ashamed for it.

I just should ignore this thread. That will help. I knew it was a bad idea to get mad.

Dear, SA

Is there anything I can improve on to become a more decent individual? I want to join SA but I would rather wait until after I find out what things people don't like before doing so, because then all that would happen is have be embarass myself and then get banned.
  • edited 2011-07-31 23:08:14
    You can change. You can.
    ^^ It would be appreciated if you do, yes.

^Sweetie, just be yourself and they'll like you. 

Now, if you excuse me, I have to go to other places and keep bullshitting like a boss.

Wait, Vorpy, didn't you say you had joined SA?
    I was lying. It was weird people believed me though.
    Not like there was a reason to doubt it.

Though if there was, I likely missed it out of inattention.
  • Lying doesn't exist on the internet.

This is the absolute truth, and if you try to disagree, you're lying.
    @ Vorpy: There's a forum rules link on the main page, so there's a good starting point.
    Not like there was a reason to doubt it.

If I had an SA account I would have told you guys about it...kind of.

Or did some mole stuff over there.

I mostly said that to encourage Myrm into buying an account so he would quit whining.
  • edited 2011-07-31 23:19:41
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @Vorpy: I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not.
  • Myr noticed that stuff you copied from there still had the word filters.
    And that was the smoking gun that exposed me as kira a nongoon. I didn't even KNOW about a word filter.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Honestly, SA seems like a pretty okay place.... I mean, I probably wouldn't want to participate in the web drama because I can't really bring myself to be part of interwebs war ever since the YTMND-eBaum's World war of 2006... the things I've seen...

But in any case, even were I employed I couldn't justify paying $10 to join a forum. I mean, I'm sure the people who do it feel they get their money's worth and that's groovy... but it's just not for me.

But hey, who know. Maybe in a year I'll have a job and an apartment and be a regular poster on SA...
  • edited 2011-07-31 23:18:17
    Quoth Shlapintogan:

"I'm with Toast on this one. Chagen is a very visible problem on the IJBM II forums, and his being there is projecting a bad image onto the forum and its policies. Basically what I'm getting at is people are seeing his posts and wondering "Why are they letting him stay?" What I would do in your position is I would get the mods together and I would get into those rules like there's no tomorrow. I can understand not wanting to set a bad precedent, but there are sometimes where being a strict-as-hell rules lawyer can benefit the site as a whole . . ."

I just don't like how that makes me feel like I'm singling him out because other people can't help but mock him further. For the record, I haven't been a moderator all that long, so I still have yet to fully adapt the optimal mentality for it. I can only do so much before I start to feel bad, considering how he's taken bannings rather poorly before.

But your viewpoint is definitely acknowledged.

"Also, you're still a bro despite any decisions tied to the site, and if you ever get the cash to sign up, I'm sure we'd welcome you here."

Aww, thanks. :D

I'll bring it up to mom in the morning. It shouldn't actually be too hard to convince her.

Honestly, SA seems like a pretty okay place.... I mean, I probably wouldn't want to participate in the web drama because I can't really bring myself to be part of interwebs war ever since the YTMND-eBaum's World war of 2006... the things I've seen...

Many brave memes died in that war, and we are all the poorer for it...

It still keeps me up at night sometimes, asking "What is Love? What is Love?... Baby, don't hurt me... don't hurt me... no more."

Followed by softly crying into my pillow.
  • You can change. You can.
    But hey, who know. Maybe in a year I'll have a job and an apartment and be a regular poster on SA... 

Keep the dream alive, bro. Keep it alive.

Also...as a question to the SA users...

• edited 2011-07-31 23:30:12
    @Juan_Carlos: Considering his response, I'd say yes.

By the way, SA, I love this Mod Challenge thing that you guys apparently do.