If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Minecraft

Comments

• There are things I prefer about terraria over minecraft. For one, the default difficulty does not make you lose your items when you die.
  • No rainbow star
    I like Minecraft more because it doesn't need a .net framework that my laptop refuses to install in order to work
  • IJBM: Better then wolves is no SMP compatible.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ IJBM: Better Than Wolves will likely never have any features that are in it put in the official game D:
  • I had been running a mod server for the past few weeks, although it hasnt been up lately. I usually have it on from noon to midnight central time.
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    *pops into thread*

Did you know that my computer is so old and decrepit that I have no idea what Minecraft and Team fortress are?

*pops out of thread*

• No rainbow star
    ^ Actually, there are cases where ancient computers run Minecraft BETTER than some brand new models
    I tried. I failed.

Crap computer with crap components.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Try Terraria.

Preferably on a Small world.
  • Still might not work. terraria requires a DirectX 9 capable graphics card
    I have pretty much accepted the fact that I will never play anything more advanced than the first Starcraft game.

At the very least, this means I can get over my obsession which involved viewing media fro no reason other than to get references. Even better, I'll eventually be able to play every noteworthy game ever, because I don't have to consider new stuff as ever having existed.

• Play Mario Romhacks and speak into a microphone.

Record it all and put it on the internet.
    My computer doesn't have a microphone. And I don't have a recording device that could be used for that purpose.

• You could never hope to match up to Raocow anyway <3.
  • edited 2011-07-25 01:23:16
    ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    *sigh*, I would like to do a let's play, mayhaps I could speak into my little music player microphone or something, and find a way to make that work. I'll duct tape it to the side of my face and go into the basement so no one can hear me ramble.

Oh wait, my dad is busy growing pot down there.

Also, the guy in the video sounds like me. Weird.

• edited 2011-07-27 01:20:12
    Got started on a new house. Here's the floor plan:

The blue spaces are aquariums. The indentations in the sides will probably be filled with trees.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I'm trying to set up a factory in BuildCraft, which apparently requires an in-depth understanding of redstone circuits.

*sigh*
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I know how that goes. I remember I just started making hundreds of compasses to get rid of the incredible annoyance of it.

But new mobs are arriving so this should be fun.
  • edited 2011-07-29 00:54:35
    Belief
    How does a typical minecraft server play like anyways?
  • edited 2011-07-29 00:57:14
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    ...compasses?

^ You start off by gathering wood for planks, making a workbench and crafting some basic tools and such. Then you gather cobblestone, to make stone tools, and then you start mining for ores, and then it goes wherever you want it to from there.
    You collect resources like wood, stone, dirt and what not, and find a nice cave to hide in, or just make a house wherever you want. Then you dig. and dig. and dig.
    Iron and redstone make a compass. Unless you are playing Creative, which means you wouldn't find it.

But yeah, you craft them to find spawnpoints, and make maps.
  • So it's a single player sandbox kind of game?
    Single player mainly, but you can probably make a multiplayer level with others too.
  • Is there a post in this thread with how to buy Minecraft then? -_-.
  • edited 2011-07-29 01:01:53
    We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Revision: All I need for a pipe system in Buildcraft is a clock generator.

Unfortunately, the one I just tried to build stayed on instead of flickering...

Deposit 30+ dollars into a checking account, and use your debit card to pay for Minecraft at Minecraft.net, get a username you enjoy, because you can't change it.

Using most credit cards are inapplicable due to country restrictions most of the time, but it's worth a try.
  • No rainbow star
    I'm reviving this thread since Minecraft will be officially released soon

So what does everybody think of the changes since the last post in here?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The game's a lot slower and buggier than it was before.
  • edited 2011-11-06 12:24:32
    No rainbow star
    Well hopefully that feature freeze will fix that

...Why is iron a too awesome to use thing for me?