If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Minecraft

Comments

• My opinion on most of the changes is I don't really care. I'm glad that they did a feature freeze and are working to improve the speed of the game along with debugging.
  • No rainbow star
    I was given an awesome seed. Several island far apart in an ocean biome. You start on the biggest one that I've seen (even on creative while flysprinting it took a couple minutes to find another island)

catchemall is the seed. It just reminds me so much of Wind Waker :D
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Is it self-sufficient for Survival Island, i.e. does the starting island have a tree?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ It has three trees total and some grass

So not quite as hard as a proper survival island
    Ah, good.

For me, it's not difficulty that makes survival island good, but constraints.
  • edited 2011-11-06 13:54:52
    No rainbow star
    Oh, it is large enough that mobs will spawn on either end even if you're in the center, so you will have to protect your crops from zombies and such trampling it

EDIT: GOD DAMN CREEPERS!

RIGHT when I finish repairing the damage from one explosion in front of my house, I turn around. There is one just staring at me a second before it explodes

GOD DAMN CREEPERS!
    Was the "catchemall" seed for 1.8.1, or for 1.9 prerelease?
  • No rainbow star
    1.9 pre release
    Ah, no wonder it wasn't working for me.

How do you get that?
  • edited 2011-11-06 16:54:25
    No rainbow star
    The pre release? Look it up online (minecraft "1.9 prerelease")

Really easy to find from there
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."
    Remember to get the 1.9.5 version.
  • No rainbow star
    Do we have an IJBM server? I think I'd like to try catchemall on a server :D
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    Make sure the server is cracked if you start one :D

trololololol
  • No rainbow star
    Alright Princess :D
  • Well, it's time to do some thread necromancy since today is the official release date for minecraft. It's not out yet, but it is supposed to be released with in the next hour or two. 

Here's hoping for some last minute performance improvements. 
  • No rainbow star
    I remember a suggestion I once read about how ore is generated, and that it should be in large less common veins then random ore all over the place

Seems to make sense

Too bad it's too late for Notch to do anything about it =/
  • Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
    Crap, I need to update all my client-side hacks again...
  • So I'm still on 1.8 because I want to keep playing with mods. Problem is it causes a lot of lag.

How is the official release?
  • Based on what I've played the performance of the official release is somewhat better that 1.8. Though, I have not played the official release much because of mods and nothing added in the official release interests me. 
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ I can't wait for the Zeppelin mod to be upgraded to the official release

It will make sailing the seas on my map much more fun :D
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."
    I'm personally waiting for the Aether mod for 1.00
  • No rainbow star
    ^ And Aether Extended :3
  • I was never a fan of the Aether mod. No, my mod of choice is RedPower. 
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Will you be a fan of the harvest moon mod? :D?
  • Depends, does it use the forge API. 
  • No rainbow star
    ^ We've been discussing it (It's still being worked on. I'm the spriter :D)
  • If the team goes with the forge api, I will check it out. I've been looking for a good farming based mod to add to my mod collection.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
  • Zepplin mod lags the shit out of my game.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Really? Even on my old craptacular laptop it didn't do that

...Then again 20 FPS was a good day for me so perhaps I didn't notice the lag...