If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT: IJBM designs a Pokèmon game!

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Wait a minute, didn't someone suggest an ability that weakens a Pokemon during Sunny Day here? Not in this topic, but another one.

Weakens Dark types?

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Also if this gets finished I wanna LP it. 

also just throwing out there that if we're doing a Tiger starter that is at all Fire type, Smokitty would be a good name for the first evo, since those are usually, y'know, cute and all.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-10-17 00:54:31

^^^

I believe so. Something about a Vampire and Solarbeam OHKOing it.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Also, a bug/psychic pokemon would be cool. Maybe like a riff on the hivemind idea and the whole dugtrio and magneton tradition of the evolved form just being a merger of the previous form.

Keep me out of this one. I'd turn it into G-rated Tyranids so fast.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I believe so. Something about a Vampire and Solarbeam OHKOing it.

Ooohhh.

A Grass/Dark type, based off of the legends of vampires.

Didn't they kinda-sorta do that with Combee?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-10-17 00:55:29

• edited 2012-10-17 00:56:19
    Has friends besides tanks now

The Three Heroes idea is much cooler than my other idea, yeah. But I still think a Legendary Double/Triple Battle would be really cool. :|

^^^^^ Oh, yeah, Vampire pokemon. I'd love to see a proper Vampire pokemon. And a Werewolf, for that matter, unless there's already a werewolf pokemon and I'm just forgetting.

• No rainbow star

CU: As long as one can decide to side with or against the Poison legendary

By siding with it, cities can eventually get corrupted and destroyed, turning into slums (the region could start out roughly 50% corrupted and 50% ok)

By fighting against it, you can purify the cities under its control

So in a way, there could be 15 "gym" leaders total, and the ones you face decide the look of the region and which legendary you face (if you beat mostly pure leaders, you face the grass legendary. If you beat mostly corrupt leaders, you face the poison legendary)

15 leaders like this:

1 starting one that is basically required for the warring factions to see potential in you

Then 7 pure and 7 corrupt. That way you can never have a 50% split

First Leader:

Normal

Corrupt Leaders:

Poison
    Dark
    Fire
    Steel
    Ghost
    Rock
    Bug

Pure Leaders:

Grass
    Ground
    Flying
    Fighting
    Psychic
    Water
    Dragon

Dragon and Dark could only be faced after beating 7 leaders

Lai: Bug/Fire type Bombardier Beetle

No thoughts on the tiger then?

Also a skeleton would be cool if it could somehow work without looking derpy. Maybe it evolves into the vampire or something? 

• edited 2012-10-17 00:58:29
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I still think a Legendary Double/Triple Battle would be really cool. :|

I actually had an idea of a buffed-up Poison legendary (maybe its ability increases its stats massively in its throne room or whatever) versus the three heroes if you managed to recruit them all.

Then 7 pure and 7 corrupt. That way you can never have a 50% split

Too many D:

I thought it was cool, but this thread is going really fast.

• edited 2012-10-17 00:59:17
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Maybe a Pokemon based off the many vampiric insects, but has the same lore as regular vampires?

Mainly because we have vampire bats and I don't want to touch OTHER kinds of vampires with a 10-foot long, garlic-dipped pole.

• I'm a damn twisted person

kinda sorta, but this wouldn't have a over type. It would just be like the Magnemite line, where bigger groupings of the pokemon are the evolved form. 

Crimson - you say that like G-rated Tyranids is a bad thing.

Huh so with all the talk of fighting/dark/bug/poison/ghost types so far, I'm thinking... maybe like kinda a partially wasteland/industrial feel to parts of the region? Like how Kanto had all those poison types to reflect the pollution, maybe this would be about this region being a bit more worn down?

And a Werewolf, for that matter, unless there's already a werewolf pokemon and I'm just forgetting.

Dark... Dark/Fighting?

Dark/Poison for the Vampire, but I suggested Dark/Grass because of the Absorb/Mega Drain, but Bug may actually be better with Leech Life.

Smokitty is too close to Skitty.

• edited 2012-10-17 01:01:36

I had another idea, for an antagonistic legendary, if we want one: Psychic-type trickster god? I don't remember, maybe there's already been a trickster-type pokemon, but this could be the corrupter that's set the ghost trio against one another, by being a great Big Bad and outwitting them while they were alive. But now that they're Ghost-types, they might have a better chance against this trickster, if they could find a trainer to relieve them of their haunts and resolve their conflict.

As it stands, I don't know if I like the idea of a member of a cyclic trio (Poison/Grass/Ground, in this case) being decidedly more antagonistic than the other two, nor do I think a purity vs. corruption plotline would really work.

• No rainbow star

^ CU: The point would be that you would never face all of them. Whenever you face one, another gets locked off

If you want, maybe 9 leaders instead? And instead of Dragon/Dark, the final leaders are Grass and Poison, and facing Poison unlocks the Poison legendary, and fighting Grass nets you Grass?

I thought it was cool, but this thread is going really fast.

Yes it is.

I'm not totally onboard with the plot either. Seems too dark-n-edgy. It'd have to be written really well.

• No rainbow star

All Nines: Psychic Trickster god as post game, maybe?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-10-17 01:01:38

Would a Ghost/Grass type be anyways? I was thinking something like a scarecrow or something.

Apparently I'm really one for Ghost types.

@ Super Lazuli: Yeah, this thread is really moving too fast for my tastes..

Smokitty is too close to Skitty.

I guess.

Why is Skitty called that, anyway? 

• edited 2012-10-17 01:01:37
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm not totally onboard with the plot either. Seems too dark-n-edgy. It'd have to be written really well.

Way I'm imagining it, it'd be between Unova/Orre in terms of tone.

• No rainbow star

Lazuli: Don't you think we could write a decent dark story line?

• No rainbow star

Lai: Grass/Ghost would be a Jackolantern, I'd bet

Okay, this thread is moving too fast. Can everyone take their time and consolidate their ideas in a single post, to slow it down?

• edited 2012-10-17 01:03:46
    I'm a damn twisted person

I like the mixing of Orre/Unova really. Lots of cities and urban areas, but also lots of desert and badlands and plains. Like instead of a ton of mountain areas(there would still be some), we have industrial parks or abandoned shipyards. 

Re- moving too fast - I motion we take the chatter to the #ijbm IRC channel.

• edited 2012-10-17 01:05:18

I don't know if this is any darker or edgier than some other Pokemon plotlines, nor would I say that other Pokemon stories don't have their share of disturbing tales. If handled poorly, it could be a bit morbid, but that would just depend on keeping a reasonable ultimate goal in mind, that the MC wants to accomplish.

Can everyone take their time and consolidate their ideas in a single post, to slow it down?

Not really, considering that my new ideas are coming as a result of the other ideas that have already been presented. If I get better ideas after a bit more reading, I'd still like to share them, and if I were to put everything into one post, that would be less convenient, because then everyone's thoughts would still be coming too fast, and I'd get annoyed that it's inconvenient for people to see what else I'm saying.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^ CU: The point would be that you would never face all of them. Whenever you face one, another gets locked off

Oh, wait, my bad. I thought you were talking about legendaries >.>

Okay, this thread is moving too fast. Can everyone take their time and consolidate their ideas in a single post, to slow it down?

Probably a good idea. Or alternatively, we could narrow it to one topic of discussion at a time to slow things down.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Sure. Later.

Also, besides just spraying random ideas. I know Java and a bit of C++, I can help program if I can figure out the engine.

• edited 2012-10-17 01:05:24
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Lazuli: Don't you think we could write a decent dark story line?

Maybe? I don't know how good any of you are at writing stuff.

I can do character concepts and dialog if you want, though. 

Way I'm imagining it, it'd be between Unova/Orre in terms of tone.

Bleh. A bit beyond Unova is fine for me, but I'd not want to go anywhere near Orre.  

Re- moving too fast - I motion we take the chatter to the #ijbm IRC channel.

I'm playing a game right now.

Why don't we do like, a meeting tomorrow? So we all have time to think about this.