If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT: IJBM designs a Pokèmon game!

1181920212224»

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'd gotten the impression that my dragon wouldn't have come out stronger (I was hoping the mountain lions would be the statistically stronger ones, if anything, to offset their weakness to my dragon's Fire), but whatever works.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, I'd imagine that your dragon would be stronger than the second Wyvern evolution, but weaker than the third, but offset that by the high level requirements for a third-stage dragon evolution meaning that without serious grinding they're very unlikely to have a dragon significantly stronger than your one.

• Has friends besides tanks now

That sounds about right.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Also, your dragon's being Fire kind of screws up the Hunting Bird line. Ice-type birds who hunt dragons...

• No rainbow star

*Pokes with a stickbug Pokemon*

Just waiting on Lai.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-12-25 18:52:54

Sorry, had holiday stuff to do.

Ica's Portfolio

• Lizalisk line - up

• Taslate line - up

• Jellap line - up

• Werechop - If not human, up

• Oculyre - down

• Platoxic - up

• Stinark - down

• Gourdling - up

Crimson's Portfolio

• Venofunnel - up

• Ume line - up

• Crohawk line - up

• Haastvelgr - up

• Tuaterra line - up

Nines Portfolio 

• Garuda - up

• Android - abstain.

• Mountain Lion line - up

• Western Dragon line - abstain

• Werewolf Shaman - if not human, up

• Burrowing Rabbit line - up

• Perpetually Stray Cat line - abstain

Nova Portfolio

• Hunting Bird line - up

• Wyvern line - up

• Snake - up

• Eucalyptus - up

Clockwork Portfolio

• Koala/Dropbear - up

• Sugar Glider - up

• Cone Snail - up

Any other portfolios I missed?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

All right! Guess the final tally is:

Ica's Portfolio

• Lizalisk line: +5

• Taslate line: +5

• Jellap line: +3

• Werechop: +3

• Oculyre: -4

• Platoxic: +1

• Stinark: -5

• Gourdling: +3

Crimson's Portfolio

• Venofunnel: +5

• Ume line: -1

• Crohawk line: +3

• Haastvelgr: +5

• Tuaterra line: +5

Nines Portfolio 

• Garuda: -1

• Android: -3

• Mountain Lion line: +5

• Western Dragon line: +2

• Werewolf Shaman: +3

• Burrowing Rabbit line: +5

• Perpetually Stray Cat line: +1

Lai Portfolio

• Boil Shrimp: +5

• Bombeetle line: +5

• Culeech line: +3

• Mushock: +5

Nova Portfolio

• Hunting Bird line: +5

• Wyvern line: +5

• Snake: +5

• Eucalyptus: +5

Clockwork Portfolio

• Koala: +5

• Sugar Glider line: +1

• Cone Snail: +3

Which means that the lines that are in are:

• Lizalisk line

• Taslate line

• Jellap line

• Werechop

• Platoxic

• Gourdling

• Venofunnel

• Crohawk line

• Haastvelgr

• Tuaterra line

• Mountain Lion line

• Western Dragon line

• Werewolf Shaman

• Burrowing Rabbit line

• Perpetually Stray Cat line

• Boil Shrimp

• Bombeetle line

• Culeech line

• Mushock

• Hunting Bird line

• Wyvern line

• Snake

• Eucalyptus

• Koala

• Sugar Glider line

• Cone Snail

• No rainbow star

Guess we'll design Werechop and the Werewolf Shaman to essentially be physical/special opposites? Maybe as a prize for a mini dungeon ala Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee?

Something like that.

So how should we handle things from here? Should we just go over that list and sort of finalize the basics for them (types, basic mechanics, number of evolutions, etc.)?

Sure.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Now that voting's over, is it okay to submit new one-off Pokemon ideas?

• No rainbow star

So I've been playing a fan game called Pokemon Reborn

It uses the RPG Maker XP engine with the Pokemon Essentials scripts

It... Offers Gen IV and V mechanics, a lot of customizability, the map style of gen III, and RPG Maker XP is fairly user friendly

Think we should switch to this? I know of a few scripts that would also greatly increase the number of switches we have available so we can have more triggers

• No rainbow star

Wanted to add:

The Pokemon Essentials package DOES have some flaws (some attacks and abilities don't work correctly, not many attacks have animations, etc.), but it should be easier to fix than any bugs that would come up from editing the actual games

I really think that's something to figure out after the more basic stuff, probably.

If people want to keep this up, we've got ourselves a starting list. Want to just go over it and discuss the individual entries in a bit more detail?

• No rainbow star

Sure

• edited 2013-02-26 01:16:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Okay then.

Reposting the list because new page:

• Lizalisk line

• Taslate line

• Jellap line

• Werechop

• Platoxic

• Gourdling

• Venofunnel

• Crohawk line

• Haastvelgr

• Tuaterra line

• Mountain Lion line

• Western Dragon line

• Werewolf Shaman

• Burrowing Rabbit line

• Perpetually Stray Cat line

• Boil Shrimp

• Bombeetle line

• Culeech line

• Mushock

• Hunting Bird line

• Wyvern line

• Snake

• Eucalyptus

• Koala

• Sugar Glider line

• Cone Snail

Assuming we're going in order, let's talk about the Lizalisk line:

Lizalisk

Water Runner Pokemon

A Water/Dark type basilisk (lizard) with a fragile shell on it. Defenses suck, but it would benefit greatly from Shell Smash. Basically a sweeper

Dionydark

Shelled Raptor Pokemon

A horned, shelled raptor (indicating it going from bipedal basic to quadraped third evo). Similar colours to Lizalisk

Satalliger

Boneyard Pokemon

An alligator. Its shell looking like a bone yard with the normal part black. The boneyard is to attract scavengers which it then quickly snaps at and locks into a death roll to kill and eat

Sprites: (ignore the grass/bug type on the bottom unless you guys like the concept)

Okay, let's hear everyone's thoughts on it.

My first thought relates to typing: the first and third evolutions make sense as Water/Dark (the first being based on the Jesus Lizard, which can run on water, if I'm not mistaken, and the third being an alligator), but I'm not really seeing how the middle one fits in.
  • No rainbow star
    Well, as stated it was more to give a reasonsble body type for the conversion from bipedal to quadrapedal. Dark type still makes sense (raptors are supposedly vicious little fucks), but water is basically, "it would be weird for it to lose then gain the type it lost"

Well...is there any way we could make it more obviously water in the middle version?

• edited 2013-03-04 03:09:00
    No rainbow star

Hmm...

Well, the front claws on the first and last forms are spread apart. The second form could get the claws spread apart to put webbing in. And I could add the male's fin from the basic to the males of the middle. I can also adjust the hind legs so the front is closer to the ground but still obviously bipedal, but yet closer to being quadrapedal. While doing this, I can make the hind legs more aquatic in nature (e.g. webbed). And lastly, I can change the colouration to make it more in between the basic and the 2nd stage

• edited 2013-03-04 03:25:56
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That seems like it would work.

Okay, if we're just doing preliminary concept discussions at this point, if nobody has any other comments on this line in the next day or so, we can move on to the next one.

Though actually, I guess I could mention that the middle name doesn't seem all that great to me. I feel like we should try to stop short of actually having "dark" in the name.

• edited 2013-03-04 04:03:26
    No rainbow star
    Yeah, I've always had issues with naming that guy. Never really liked any of the names I came up with

Also surprised you didn't point out Satalliger's name being a combination of Sata(nic) and Allig(at)[e]r
  • I'll admit, I was thinking of Satellite more than Satan. :/

• No rainbow star
    I'm starting to see why collaberative fan ganes tend to die...