If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT: IJBM designs a Pokèmon game!

Comments

• edited 2012-10-18 00:29:25
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Also I would quite like to make a flying octopus.

Just throwing that out there. 

@Lazuli: I like them, but...I thought we were doing starters separately >.> 

We are, that was originally going to be my starter submission but if we're doing them as one project I figured I'd just submit it seperately as a non starter.

I think you should be banned from making names :|

Why? "Slayfish" was a joke. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

One of my concepts is an octopus, but not a flying one. A flying one would be pretty cool.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:29:59
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>koala Pokemon

Idea processing...ETA...Whenever...

^A blue ringed octopus?

• edited 2012-10-18 00:29:53
    No rainbow star

^^^ Water/Flying Blue Ringed Octopus with Poison Point as an ability?

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

^^^ Water/Flying Blue Ringed Octopus with Poison Point as an ability?

Probably Flying/Poison. Water type would imply that it's still an octopus in anything but appearance. 

• No rainbow star

Crimson: If I do do a koala, it's going to be, as stated before, based a bit on the drop bear to poke fun at it

• I was thinking about a two-stage Mosquito Pokemon, but do we really need that to be the equivalent of Zubat?

• No rainbow star

Lazuli: Oh god... Flying, Poisonous Octopi...

THEY ARE THE NEW ZUBAT! ALL HAIL OUR ZUBAT OVERLORDS!

• No rainbow star

Lai: Dark/Bug with levitate for the Mosquito? I've always wanted a mosquito Pokemon :3

• edited 2012-10-18 00:32:25
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I was thinking about a two-stage Mosquito Pokemon, but do we really need that to be the equivalent of Zubat?

Fuck no. No Zubat equivalent.

I think Alkthash already had a Mosquito Pokemon idea anyway.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-10-18 00:33:01

Yeah, figured as much on the Zubat idea. I wasn't for it myself. Did not know Alkthash was making one though.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:34:34
    Has friends besides tanks now

I was thinking octopus, too, but I was going to go at it from a Water/Psychic Lovecraftian deep sea monster angle.

But flying octopus thing sounds cool, too, either Flying/Poison or Flying/Psychic, imo, depending on what we choose to do with it.

• No rainbow star

Nova: But we must have a Zubat equivalent

It's in the manual or something. "All Pokemon games must have either Zubat or a Zubat proxy"

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I don't think Pokemon really needs anything Lovecraftian.

Giratina was the closest we got, and I think that's the closest it needs.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>If I do do a koala, it's going to be, as stated before, based a bit on the drop bear to poke fun at it

Well my idea was going to be a Normal type that has an ability that makes it go to sleep whenever it's sent in/switched out, but if it's woken up for any reason it goes berserk and all its stats double.

Because apparently koalas act like that.

• No rainbow star

@Octopus: Oh dear god we're all going to submit octopus ideas and be forced to choose only one, aren't we?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Nova: But we must have a Zubat equivalent

It's in the manual or something. "All Pokemon games must have either Zubat or a Zubat proxy"

No. Just pretend that the drop bears killed them all or something, and were replaced by new, better Pokemon.

• No rainbow star

Crimson: Oh dear god that's PERFECT!

Champion MUST have one holding a Chesto Berry, however

Well my idea was going to be a Normal type that has an ability that makes it go to sleep whenever it's sent in/switched out, but if it's woken up for any reason it goes berserk and all its stats double.

Because apparently koalas act like that.

They don't go berserk just for waking up- they go berserk if they're threatened.

• No rainbow star

Nova: We are having a Zubat proxy, whether you like it or not :|

No we are not, Icalasari.

I will murder each and every person involved in this project before I allow a Zubat proxy into the game.

Zubats are a menace and should be extinct.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:36:59
    Has friends besides tanks now

I thought the Zubat proxy was going to be . . . basically every migrating pokemon, hence the mechanical reward of reducing encounter rates once the Big Bad Legendary is dealt with.

With that said, I won't stand for ya talkin' shit about mah Zubat, though, Nova. :|

Personally, I always found Pidgeys far more annoying. 

• edited 2012-10-18 00:37:24
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^^It's a futile gesture. If anything is common enough it WILL become a Zubat equivalent.

• No rainbow star

Nova, something will end up being a Zubat proxy just because it is common and/or annoying

Fuck, Jellap is intended to be a Tentacool proxy with Thunderwave, Wrap, and other fun attacks

Besides, we can make the annoying proxies rare, so they can be annoying but not, you know, debilitate your whole fucking team just for walking a single step

Anyway, here are a few of my concepts in concise form (longer post coming)

Rock/Poison Cone Snail (possibly with Water/Poison shell-less Prevolution)

Pure flying Sugar Glider; evolves into pure flying Sifaka (both are mammals capable of gliding)

Grass/Electric type, based on one of the various species of glowing mushroom found around the world.

And a joke one:

Normal-type, magikarp-like Koala, evolves into Normal/Dark Dropbear.

hence the mechanical reward of reducing encounter rates once the Big Bad Legendary is dealt with.

No, the idea was to reduce them gradually as you fix individual areas.

Normal-type, magikarp-like Koala, evolves into Normal/Dark Dropbear.

It's a futile gesture. If anything is common enough it WILL become a Zubat equivalent.

Fucking... fuck

Besides, we can make the annoying proxies rare

At that point, it is no longer a Zubat proxy, though.

The problem with Zubat is that it is annoying to defeat, plus it is overly common, resulting in you either wasting Repels or spending ages running from each fight because it's just not worth the frustration of fighting them.

I was being somewhat facetious before, but I really don't think that allowing a single, annoying enemy to be overly common is a good idea.

• No rainbow star

CU: Yep, I think you have the Koala one down. +1 vote from me. Yes I know we're not voting yet. Just shut up and take the vote