If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT: IJBM designs a Pokèmon game!

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, if we're doing the migration thing, let's try to maybe have two or three so there's at least some variety.

Oh, and the Dropbear should of course learn Bounce.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:52:00
    Has friends besides tanks now

Also, I'm going to come out with it right now and say that I have an idea for a Hipster pokemon.

Or, Hipster/Fashionista thing that doesn't like how droll the center of the region is becoming and wants to make everything more snazzy/tries to lead other types of wild pokemon as a Cool Dude. Electric, or Electric/Steel, with its first evo being very unfashionable and awkward, and the second being very graceful and hip. And they carry Choice Scarves. Don't know how well that really meshes with the Australia idea, but I don't think everything needs to be a reference to Australian wildlife anyway, since no generation has ever been like that.

No, the idea was to reduce them gradually as you fix individual areas.

I figured that the logical conclusion of forced migration would be that these pokemon would essentially be pseudo-bats (depending on how annoying they actually are to deal with), and so, regardless of how soon you can mitigate that, it's a way to make them less annoying, or Zubat-y, if that happens.

• No rainbow star

Nova: Well then, guess Jellap will have to be common

With Thunderwave, Wrap, and other such attacks

And being electric type, it would have a naturally high speed

And I'm thinking its set for the most common level range should be something like Thunderwave, Wrap, Attract, and Supersonic/Confuse Ray

...Or maybe not as I could see everybody downvoting that idea into oblivion because they do not want to put up with something THAT evil

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Oh, and the Dropbear should of course learn Bounce.

And if a Gym Leader uses it, it should automatically start on its apex.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:44:18
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@Everest: Uhh...no.

^Are we still doing the berserk unless asleep idea? Cos I really like that.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:43:48
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes. :|

Ah, edits, my old friend.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:43:43
    No rainbow star

^^ Uh yes 8D

• edited 2012-10-18 00:47:02

Nova: Well then, guess Jellap will have to be common

With Thunderwave, Wrap, and other such attacks

And being electric type, it would have a naturally high speed

And I'm thinking its set for the most common level range should be something like Thunderwave, Wrap, Attract, and Supersonic/Confuse Ray

...Or maybe not as I could see everybody downvoting that idea into oblivion because they do not want to put up with something THAT evil

I'm amused by the idea, personally, but that does sound like the exact thing Nova doesn't want us to make.

Uhh...no.

Any reason for that besides your personal biases? If it's a dumb idea for some other reason, fine, but I don't think it would be terrible to have a Fashion pokemon. It could be interesting, and there have been much wackier concepts (like, pokemon that are literally sewage, for instance).

• Okay, thread is moving fast. Should we make something in the OP that links each of our ideas or something like that?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Are we still doing the berserk unless asleep idea? Cos I really like that.

Maybe, or you could give it Truant.

I was going to do some compiling, but I don't know what is or isn't an actual portfolio submission.

Truant would be good, but it makes Bounce fail.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:50:26

This seems too soon to look at anything as portfolios, yeah, and I don't know if I want to deal with this so soon.

Come to think of it, the idea was that we let our ideas boil over on our own, before submitting them to the public eye, in the first place. I kinda hopped on the bandwagon here, but I wasn't intending for this to represent how I'd actually present my ideas in a portfolio, personally.

I have to say, I really like the Drop Koala idea, though. Truant doesn't seem like the right thing, but the berserker idea is too funny to pass up. More reasons to hate the Normal-type Gym Leader. :3

Truant would be good, but it makes Bounce fail.

That is true. Fuck.

• I planned to have Mr. Pistol Shrimp (Shristol?) as a portfolio submission if it helps.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:50:46
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^Yeah, waiting until we have actual submissions before compiling is probably for the best.

This seems too soon to look at anything as portfolios, yeah, and I don't know if I want to deal with this so soon.

I don't think we were looking at them, so much as tossing them around before finalizing them.

Mine were actually submissions, so far, but I didn't want anyone to vote yes or no on them yet, just say if they had any objections, or like, "This one is cool :>".

• I'm a damn twisted person

Can i make a suggestion - Can people wait until they have all 8 suggested pokemon for their portfolio before posting? That way less of a continuous swarm of chatter, and a more evened out pace. 

• That would be for the best. Less hectic.

Well, I think the idea was to get a feel for what was and wasn't a good idea -- for example, my Dropbear was going to be tossed aside as a joke, but people seem to love it.

• edited 2012-10-18 00:53:51

^ What he said. I posed the Garuda idea to make sure no one thought it was too far out, because then I'd know what to object to, or how to tailor my ideas to the setting. Seeing as how the only real objection I noticed was that there might be too many bird ideas, I think I have a good idea of what to try for now.

• No rainbow star

CU: How about Portfolios can only be submitted once, and must be topped like this:

PORTFOLIO

That should make them clear, you'll only have to look for a number equal to the number of devs, and yeah

Yes, that would be good.

• No rainbow star

Alk: Well, by brainstorming right now, like others said, we get a better idea and then the portfolios are more likely to contain good Pokemon instead of crap that gets thrown out on the spot

Can i make a suggestion - Can people wait until they have all 8 suggested pokemon for their portfolio before posting? That way less of a continuous swarm of chatter, and a more evened out pace. 

Well, I think the idea was to get a feel for what was and wasn't a good idea

Pretty much this.

Kay then, some ideas to test.

A normal/grass type sheep pokemon cause lol, lots of ranching in Australia. At level 20 it evolves, bu it branches depending on gender. Males evolve into a ram sort of pokemon with thorn horns and a sharply boosted attack stat and females evolve into a bigger sheep with bark armor plates and get a boosted defense stat.

The common rabbits for our rattata stand in. Probably evolve at level 18 or 20. The first form is a generic cute bunny, but the 2nd form is a taller, lankier hare.

The baby pokemon for the region would be an obnoxiously cute grub. Friendship lets it evolve into a mosquito. Thinking bug/water for typing. The mosquito would have an ability that is the inverse of rough skin, where for every physical attack it does, it heals a small amount of hp.

An electric/fire imp pokemon. Either a Mew stand in, or a speedy special attacker single form pokemon. Meant to represent the lightning storms and bush fires that are common in the outback. 

• No rainbow star

With the ghost trio and at least two title legendaries, either we'd have to make it so we have only two title legendaries and the imp Pokemon or else three title legendaries and no imp

Since 6 Legendaries is the number Johto had, which seems just right to me

Okay, but anything on the ideas themselves?