If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• the magical girl genre is dead

?!?!?!??!

Next you're gonna tell me that harems in anime are dying.

I see you've seen a suicidal bleeding carrot bread, judging by your current avatar.

I found the crime lord featherless chickens to be more notable on that arc personally.

• Has friends besides tanks now

PsychoPass: I really liked it until Urobuchi's name was attached. I'm afraid this will be is "crash and burn" work judging from all the obvious dark going in, but I'll still watch because I still have hope.

Hmm. Urobuchi, you say? I might try to make this one work, if I can keep ahead of my workload.

Robotics;Notes: The one Weirdly;Named series set in a high school club! Definite watch after all my Fourze withdrawal.

Okay, I might try this, even though Steins;Gate failed my three-episode test.

I would also consider Gintama, but I don't know if I have the time to get caught up on it.

• a little muffled

I would also consider Gintama, but I don't know if I have the time to get caught up on it.
    Hey you've only got ~250 episodes to watch.

• I know I watched over 120 episodes of Gintama.

But since I just felt like doing something else for a while, I don't remember where I left off.

The problem to this, is that my closest guess to whatever episode I last watched is within the 120 to 199 range.

>_>

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Tableflipper: I've only seen one ep of HhD.

• HhD

Why would you ever do this?  If you're going to abbreviate it, it's Jintai.

• edited 2012-09-30 19:09:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Because I don't know what the Japanese title is.  I can also do HHD if you prefer.

Also, I saw the headless skin-chicken, but it just wasn't as weird and notable.

• edited 2012-09-30 19:11:57

The Japanese title is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita thus Jintai.

Using made-up abbreviations is even worse than using made-up translations for a title.  It's better for everyone to restrict yourself to only using official names and abbreviations, or at least common ones.

Oh, I see.

Can't say I agree with using only official names and abbreviations, but I'll do common ones.  Though I still prefer the ones that make more sense in English, such as MGLN rather than MSLN.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

That's because the magical girl genre is dead.

NOOOOOO

Kuromajo-san ga Tooru

That's a magical girl show? I thought it was about a normal girl and her old witch friend?

^ Doesn't everybody just call that Nanoha anyways?

• That's a magical girl show? I thought it was about a normal girl and her old witch friend?

It's about a girl who is learning to use magic and has to use it to deal with evil spirits and stuff.  It's definitely a magical girl show.

Time to pick it up then!

Seriously Sentai? What about Hyouka... (Though Chuunibyou does seem like it would sell and market better).

• edited 2012-10-01 04:34:50
    Tableflipper

Does Hyouka get any more...exciting, by the way?

As in, after the first episode. The first episode made me feel bored enough to prefer doing schoolwork. (Yeah, I know. Serious business, man.)

The only thing I can really think of that would interest me more in it is either introducing characters that i'm more interested in watching or by making the mysteries less...mundane-ish/predictable.

• edited 2012-10-01 09:39:15
    There is love everywhere, I already know

more...exciting

Not at all. Same pace throughout the entire series (except maybe the cooking one).

The show is more about meta-mysteries and mystery literature in general... when it isn't being about moe-ness and antimoe-ness.

less...mundane-ish/predictable.

Wasn't the mystery in the first episode only predictable because Houtarou and Satoshi plan it to alleviate Chitanda's curiosity?

Interesting.

• edited 2012-10-01 22:48:48
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hahahahaha, fuck. I couldn't even rewatch the first episode of AnoHana without tearing up in the presence of the entire club. They really liked it, though.

I'm pretty sure I'd be full on weeping if I tried to marathon it.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Interesting.

THIS MUST HAPPEN.

Girls Und Panzer: Will marathon ala Strike Witches and Sky Girls as it is probably those shows all over again.

Singer Choucho is performing the opening theme song "DreamRiser"

Well, I'm officially on board for weekly then.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Hahahahaha, fuck. I couldn't even rewatch the first episode of AnoHana without tearing up in the presence of the entire club. They really liked it, though.

I'm pretty sure I'd be full on weeping if I tried to marathon it.

The first episode isn't even depressing. :| A marathon, on the other hand...

In unrelated news, watched the first three episodes of Haibane Renmei. It's slow paced, but sometimes that's just what you need.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The first episode isn't even depressing.

Yeah, but if you've already watched the whole series, it could be depressing by association.

• edited 2012-10-02 16:58:02
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ What Clock said. It was tough just seeing these characters distressed in any way, having been with them through their ordeal already, and I also tear up every damn time I hear the ending theme, even if it's removed from context.

EDIT: Dammit, I missed the chances to grab posts 1999 or 2000.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

So, after restarting the show in the English dub - long story - I made a marathon watch of episodes four through eighteen of Berserk this morning.

That's a lot of blood.

So after watching Accel World EX and re-watching the finale I've weighed the pros and cons of this show and realized that it's pretty okay (and I like it), so I'm probably going to continue on with this show.

Plus Sachika (Because I'm not calling her by that stupid KYH nickname anymore, Sky-Raker calls her Sachaan and her VA is named Sachika anyways) is the best commando schoolgirl character ever.

• edited 2012-10-03 12:39:14
    Tableflipper

The OVA (EX) annoyed me like hell because of too much short loser pig glorification screentime.

And yes, I mean that in particular since I usually don't have as many issues keeping my eyes on the screen when he is Silver Crow (though the frequent inside-helmet-face-views still annoy me)

/shallow

I'm okay with the show otherwise.

I really like Harayuki's/Pig Avatar character design, so it's never really been a bother. Silver Crow is also boring and generic compared to most of the other linkers, so I don't like him as much. I still don't get why people dislike it, he's fat and short, so what?

Also, this show has gotten so much Otaku-centric merchandise (and 70% of it is already out of print) I'm surprised they haven't announced a fifth season, let alone a second.

... Because I'm not learning Japanese just to find how they get to level 10 (They haven't yet, if you're wondering).

• I still don't get why people dislike it, he's fat and short, so what?

wut

The facts are he's fat and short, I don't understand why that makes him so unappealing character-design wise.

• ...the same reason why anything is ugly or not?

I won't deny that it is an appearance that fits who he is

but there's no reason for my eyes to not feel unpleasant seeing something I consider to be ugly

There is a difference between not finding him cute and him being downright ugly though.

IJBM: fat-lipped characters in anime.  It's like they're drawn to be ugly.

• edited 2012-10-03 13:20:12
    Tableflipper

I seriously consider Haruyuki to be ugly.

As in, if there was a paper bag over his face I wouldn't care anywhere remotely as much.

And the way that animators depict that face as trying to be cute, just repulses me even further.

^ I can't say that I see many fat lipped people in anime to start with so i'm not really sure if that's supposed to be a norm.