If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• edited 2012-09-25 18:19:29
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

They sure look freakin' awesome, though.

Also, I love this description:

Nagisa Misumi Natalie Blackstone and Honoka Yukishiro Hannah Whitehouse couldn't be more different. Nagisa Natalie is sporty and Honoka Hannah bookish, and while they attend the same school, they have very little in common - until one day, a shower of shooting stars brings two very unlikely visitors into their lives: Mipple and Mepple, refugees from the Garden of Light, which has been conquered by Darkness. Endowed with new and startling powers, Nagisa Natalie and Honoka Hannah become Cure Black and Cure White, magical defenders of the light - together, they are Pretty Cure. *taken from ANN*

So I'm reading that the two versions are actually identical (i.e. uncut) except for dubbing and name changes?  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to exist a dual-audio version of them...

• edited 2012-09-26 00:11:17
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to exist a dual-audio version of them...

It wasn't 'licensed' like most anime so they probably didn't get home video rights. Even if they did I'm not sure they'd have put the Japanese audio on it (like the new Digimon Adventure Boxset that's coming out).

You should watch Futari wa though, it's really good (not as good as Heartcatch, Fresh or Splash Star but it's worth a watch).

• edited 2012-09-26 00:17:03
    Has friends besides tanks now

So, I decided on AnoHana. Apparently the president's already seen it, too, which is really cool. But, uh, damn, I can't even listen to "Secret Base" without tearing up now.

EDIT:

An anime film will be released in Japanese theaters in summer 2013. The film will be a retelling of the anime's story from Menma's point of view.

:D

summer 2013

Japanese theaters

So . . . how long would it be before subs? :/

• edited 2012-09-26 00:47:53

It's usually like 8 months or so between airing in theaters and getting a BD release.  So that long.

• edited 2012-09-26 00:50:18
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^:D

Though my reaction will probably be T_T when it's out.

• Also...

from Menma's point of view.

So... exactly the same as the TV series?  She was kind of hanging around Jintan the whole time, so it's not like anything particularly different would happen.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's just going to be the TV series edited to take half as long and it'll maybe have a couple new scenes.

• Has friends besides tanks now

If it captures the full strength of the original series, I'm all for it. And if it put more of a focus on Menma, then, assuming they wouldn't just edit the TV series for their purposes (though that's definitely a possibility), we might be able to get more details on things like her past and her introspection over why she can't rest in peace. Maybe we'll see her reaction to seeing Jintan grown up for the first time--we first saw her when she was already haunting him. But the problem with all these ideas of mine could be that it would have to be taken as a supplement to the original series.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If the English and Japanese versions share the exact same video footage, shouldn't it be easy to just audioswap the dub jobs?

• edited 2012-09-26 01:51:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

I'd imagine. But I'm hoping it's not just a re-edit of the series.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

^^ A lot of the more kid-oriented anime that gets aired on American TV usually doesn't have the Japanese audio when they do a home video release, I'm sure it has something to do with how they're licensed (The Splash Star BD Box set that just came out has 8 episodes for $230 while, if it were dubbed, 25 episodes would probably cost $25-50 dollars at most, so they have to reduce the value of the American versions somehow).

• edited 2012-09-26 04:39:47

I'm not talking about an official release; I'm talking about someone stringing together the Japanese and English audio tracks onto the video.

Though the OP and ED are also different, so you'd have to cut them both off and synch the rest.

• edited 2012-09-26 12:00:58

Nobody has time to do that x49, I guess (I noticed the version you seem to be talking about has already removed the English Version OPs & EDs and replaced it with "Futari wa Pretty Cure", so it is just stringing together the audio tracks onto the video.)

Also, thanks, didn't know there was a way to get that dub.

Best anime film of all time (If you ever wondered "What if Jesus and Buddha were bros in modern Japan?") debuts next year.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I love that they say they plan to release it sometime "this century."

• so like i'm too lazy to read the rest of the thread

anyone here watched Jinrui Suitai?

also isn't this kind of thing more suited for an IRC chat or something

• edited 2012-09-28 00:41:05

We do have an IRC channel; it's #ijbm on irc.esper.net.  Would be nice if more people dropped by it.

• edited 2012-09-28 00:59:17

Jinrui Suitai

So how was that? I was going to watch it until I realized it was a comedy instead of an action/adventure series. Is it a worthwhile comedy?

^ I try but I still suck at running my IRC client.

• edited 2012-09-28 01:15:46
    Tableflipper

I find it kind of hard to see how you'd mistake it as an action series...

The humor is the dark and surreal/WTF type and there's some social commentary around. I think the comedy is executed well but I don't know how others would feel about it.

Episode 9 is my favorite episode of the 12. Also, the show is in anachronic order. IIRC chronologically it's 11 > 12 (you can treat those two former episodes as "flashback") > 10 > 7(this episode is redundant since episode 8 is the same thing but with more information) > 8 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 4 > 9 > 1 > 2 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Darnit, DYRE, I missed you on IRC.

I find it kind of hard to see how you'd mistake it as an action series...

The initial promo art was pastel and somewhat stylized. It implied a sense of wonder and exploration. Even the premise "Girl and Brother live in a world where fairies have taken over" isn't really the type that would intantly take me to "Aha, it's a comedy!"

Seems interesting enough, so I might see it eventually.

• There is no brother though...

I'm guessing that you mean the assistant.

Oh...

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I need to watch more Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei. I've really, really enjoyed what I've seen, but I really would like to see more.

• I'd watch more of that too

but I have a feeling that says I won't be able to stand going to a public area to torrent something so large anonymously

>_>

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

On Humanity has Declined:

I've watched it, and I loved it. Easily the best anime of this season.

• SAO is awful but I haven't actually watched it since the actual plot started so maybe it gets better? (from what I've read, no it really doesn't)

In any case I'm not going to say anything is the best show of the season since I've only been watching a handful of shows this season so I can't really judge fairly.

That said, Hidamari is the best anime of this upcoming season.  I'm sure of that.

• I can't really tell you if it gets better since I don't know what the problem you have with it is.

I am also excited...well...i'm not really sure if excited is the right word, but I do like how Hidamari Sketch is getting another season soon.

• edited 2012-09-28 13:45:08

Zetsuen no Tempest is the best anime of this upcoming season.

Fixed that for ya.

what the problem you have with it is.

My problem with it is it takes the entire Haseo plot from the .hack// series and turns every bad thing up to eleven (Basically; nonsense set-up, not many explanations for the first part, protagonist who looks like he should be named 'RavenDragon666' and acts like it, every girl falling in love at first sight with him and having absolutely no goals that don't benefit him in some way, there are some other things but I think those are my major problems with it though)

When does the plot start in the SAO anime? I quit at episode 10.

• Haseo plot from the .hack// series

*doesn't know about it*

nonsense set-up

huh

not many explanations for the first part

uhh like what..."Where does Asuna get that cloak?" "Why doesn't Kirito use a shield already?"

protagonist who looks like he should be named 'RavenDragon666' and acts like it

No arguments there lol

every girl falling in love at first sight with him

But he is cute

having absolutely no goals that don't benefit him in some way

um...isn't it normal for goals to like...benefit you

Main story starts at episode 8 IIRC.

• edited 2012-09-28 13:59:49

*doesn't know about it*

Well, unlike Kirito Haseo has special powers, but they're very similar besides that.

If you want to read more.

If there's one thing I'll give SAO is that it only took 7 episodes and not an entire 26 episode series...

like what

What are the police doing in the real world? Why are the servers not even experiencing an hour of downtime if they're obviously being run illegally? How are the human bodies surviving without food/water/bathroom breaks for upwards of a year?

But he is cute

Little brother cute, not like...Holland Novak cute or Akira Takizawa cute.

um...isn't it normal for goals to like...benefit you

I mean the girls goals all benefit him, like they're his private artillery (Lizbeth) and army (Asuna and the rest).