If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Well, that is strongly dependent of what meaning one gives to the concept of quality. Prior experience does seem to indicate that the phrase is more often used as a cop out than not.

• You can change. You can.

Blah blah blah you're allowed to have shit-taste blah blah blah being aware of this isn't a bad thing blah blah blah

• edited 2012-09-24 12:59:53

(EDIT: Wait nevermind I don't really care enough to want to have an argument or anything.)

• There is love everywhere, I already know
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't understand what that is and it doesn't seem related to the second series show (i.e. The iDOLM@STER) so I'm not really sure I'm interested.  Also it seems to be about supercuteness and gags, which really aren't my thing.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Translation: I liked it but I think people will judge me if I say that so I have to say it isn't good.

No, I mean it literally, I am perfectly aware of the flaws of the work, and they didn't diminish my enjoyment of it(at least, the first two big flaws), but made it perfectly clear than the show is far from perfect. Come on, you have to be blind to not see the three big flaws of Gundam AGE: Overly sexist (women are there to be killed tragically, to have kids and disappear from the story or to be overshadowed by her male peers.),  The big bad has the most retarded plan ever, and Kio's character arc is derailed into a Jesus Yamato one.

• edited 2012-09-24 15:37:10

Well, really, I was mostly being an ass for the hell of it.  Really, what I should have said was... people saying things like that always sounds kind of dishonest, because it comes across like they're saying "I like this show, BUT WAIT DON'T CRITICIZE MY OPINION BECAUSE I KNOW THE SHOW SUCKS" or basically it sounds like they're just being overly defensive in a sort of weird way.  I suppose I don't really think that you necessarily meant it that way, just that that's my first thought when I see people saying similar things to that.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Besides, it will always have a place in my heart because: SPACE PIRATE GUNDAM! WITH GRAPPLE HOOKS!

• edited 2012-09-24 16:34:04
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I am perfectly aware of the flaws of the work, and they didn't diminish my enjoyment of it(at least, the first two big flaws), but made it perfectly clear than the show is far from perfect.

Sounds like my opinion of Kiddy Grade.  Say what you will about the plot fitting together (or not), what Éclair does on that field in episode 11--and the words she says--are absolutely iconic and legendary.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Mind repeating them for us GMH?
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I just finished The Tatami Galaxy, finally.

I am absolutely satisfied on just about every level. Brilliant show, just brilliant.

One of the quotes: "You have no right to do this!  I don't care what your contract says!  They're humans!  You don't own them!"

And that's not even the best of them.

• edited 2012-09-24 22:38:32
    Has friends besides tanks now

So I guess I'm deciding what to show next week. Choices, choices. I'm considering:

-OreImo

-Welcome to the NHK

-Seitokai Yakuindomo

-K-On!

-AnoHana

-Nichijou

Leaving out stuff like Madoka Magica and Durarara!! because I have a feeling they'll be shown at some point. Today's was Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. First episode was . . . okay.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Go with AnoHana.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'mma rewatch some of those first episodes, to see how they hold up, and, in some cases, whether or not they're too raunchy for me to be comfortable showing them (which could very well be half of them).

• edited 2012-09-24 23:01:04

K-ON! is my favorite of those, obviously.

OreImo is second favorite.  Might be weird showing it to people depending on their tastes on how much anime they watch.

AnoHana or Nichijou are likely to be the most well-recieved, depending on the tastes of the people at your anime club.

Seitokai Yakuindomo was alright but there are probably other shows I'd rather watch with other people than it.  Haven't seen Welcome to the NHK yet.

Darn it BONES.

I wonder if this'll mess with the BD releases.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I vote Nichijou.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Watch Welcome to the NHK. Mostly because I just started watching it and that way we can be bros
  • edited 2012-09-25 12:14:46
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Of course. Well, having rewatched the first episode of NHK, it's DEFINITELY off the table for a public viewing, much as I would have wanted to. And if I'm gonna show light and fluffy, it's gotta be K-On! And OreImo or SYD might not give the best first impression of me. So I guess I'm rewatching AnoHana, to decide between it and K-On! If I show the former, I'll probably also memorize the full name of the show to dazzle people.

^ We can be bros anyway, on account of I watched it a while ago. :)

Symphogear is getting Body Pillows, and not the "I'll just hang them on my wall" kind, the "I never want to remember this type of merchandise existed ever again" kind.

On the bright side, it means that it's really popular and might get a sequel!

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-09-25 14:02:23
    Here, There, Everywhere

I loved Welcome to the NHK, and I've never heard anyone say that they thought it a bad program, but it's also very sardonic and warped and not everyone is going to "get it."

Naturally, I suggest it wholeheartedly.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I don't doubt that people would get it, given some background info. It's more that the first episode has a couple of sorta graphic masturbation fantasies, and that could be profoundly awkward.

I guess I can just ask the president & co.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Well, yeah, you have a point there...

I've been rather Cure-ious lately.

The epic music helps.

• edited 2012-09-25 17:04:36

So... go watch Precure?

Also, those comments are all even more awful than I expect from Youtube comments.

• edited 2012-09-25 17:47:21

Which Precure series have been dubbed?

And how fair is it to describe this series as "Sailor Moon, but with physical combat"?

• Futari wa Pretty Cure is the only one that's been dubbed.  But don't watch that because Splash Star or Heartcatch are probably better (not that I've seen Splash Star, but it's apparently similar to Futari wa Pretty Cure except better).

Precure isn't a series, it's a metaseries/franchise/whatever.  Since each season (except Max Heart and Go Go) are completely unrelated to all the others and exist in a different continuity.

I haven't watched Sailor Moon.

• edited 2012-09-25 17:59:18

And Nat's voice...is Ash's????  Sure sounds like it.

* checks the voice talent *

Never mind, they're different.

^ I've seen scenes with like all the Cures together.  Are you sure?

• I've seen scenes with like all the Cures together.  Are you sure?

That'd be the All Stars movies.  Those are crossovers of the different Precure series.  But they aren't canon or anything.