If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Well, you can like...not highlight the spoilers. Either way, knowing who're the bad guys is hardly an spoiler.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

But like... the temptation. =(

• edited 2012-04-27 21:22:47
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -

Joss Whedon is directing The Avengers

And you're a sucker

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That's definitely true. I just think the Felurian sequence overstayed it's welcome, and the Atem attitudes toward sex were both TMI and kinda dumb.

They spent way too many pages on Kvothe learning how to have awesome sex, yeah.

The arc where Kvothe leads the mercenaries into the woods to search for the bandits was also overly long, and the payoff for the arc wasn't really worth the bullshit.

But the one scene where he taps the chest and says "Edro!" and it opens was worth it all.

• edited 2012-04-27 21:39:05
    a little muffled

@Juan: It's still a bit uncomfortable to read, and the movie is a whole weak away for a lot of us. (And I personally am probably not going to be able to see it opening weekend.)

I just think if there's going to be more discussion about it it should be kept somewhere it can be avoided.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Like hidden behind spoiler marks!

• edited 2012-04-27 21:42:02
    a little muffled

Yeah but unless entire posts are spoilertagged the visible text can often give enough context to make it vaguely spoilery, not to mention that what counts as a spoiler will very from person to person.

I don't see what's so objectionable about making a thread for it anyway?

• edited 2012-04-27 21:44:42
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

There's not so much actual discussion going on, so much as just "Haha that was pretty cool wasn't it?". An entire thread would very quickly wither off and die.

The major reason it's being talked about here is because a few people who have seen it happen to check this thread.

• edited 2012-04-27 21:54:59
    You can change. You can.

Most of us are Americans, which means that they won't be able to watch it for a while and only two people have watched it. For what is worth, it's not like I can post much about it. Got visit and such.

• edited 2012-04-27 22:02:46
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I feel like, if there was a thread for this that didn't have to worry about spoiling anyone, conversation could flow more freely, and an actual thread might work, if only for, like, a page.

I just don't think anyone would really be fucked enough to actually post in a thread. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's only Juan and I who've actually seen it so far, and our conversation was basically "Lol who'd you like best". Erryone else who talked about it hasn't seen it, and thus would avoid the thread anyway for fear of massive spoilers, yes?

• I would avoid threads if there were spoilers.

• edited 2012-04-27 22:17:30
    The speculations of others led to spoileriffic answers from Juan. It's not just you two. It would seem that there are enough people who either want explanations and/or don't care too much about spoilers that you could have a thread. But, really, as someone who wants to see it once it's released but doesn't know much about Marvel, I'm a tad annoyed by all the marked and unmarked spoilers.

Nyktos could probably make a better counterargument. I just hate spoilermarks.

-shrug-

Whatever. You're the mod.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Not saying you have to make a thread. I was just giving my opinion.

And all I'm saying is that there's a difference between casually talking about a movie you've seen in the last little while in a thread you regularly participate in that's pretty much all about idle chatter, and going to the extent of making an entire thread about a movie only a couple of people have seen and very few people will probably actually participate in, especially as anybody who doesn't see it within the next day would have to actually necro the thread to comment about it.

And it's not like this is the first time people have had spoilermarked discussion in this thread to the detriment of others' enjoyment of works. I mean, I haven't said jack about the entire discussion about The Wise Man's Fear that was had the other day, even though I was looking forward to reading the book unspoilered, and it led me to figure out what was going to happen in advance, simply because it wouldn't be worth the effort to go make an entire thread about it, because it would have accumulated a dozen posts, tops, and then just died off.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Forever Pandering makes a great argument about why Reddit is terrible without even touching on the CP thing.

And it's not like this is the first time people have had spoilermarked discussion in this thread to the detriment of others' enjoyment of works. I mean, I haven't said jack about the entire discussion about The Wise Man's Fear that was had the other day, even though I was looking forward to reading the book unspoilered, and it led me to figure out what was going to happen in advance, simply because it wouldn't be worth the effort to go make an entire thread about it, because it would have accumulated a dozen posts, tops, and then just died off.

Agreed. For what is worth, I can wait for you guys to watch it or something. --shrug--

Either way, friends came over to the house. We had Evangelions, Community, Korra, Pizza and Coke. Twas quite fun. 

• Crimson - That video has so much NERD RAEG over the idea of a site facilitating the endless repetition of unfunny jokes and ripped-off material. I mean. he's right, but people have been doing that in real life for ever and the world hasn't ended.

I was much more disturbed by all the CP stuff/screwed up attitudes to women that goons dug up on Reddit.

Having said that, the guy in the hat at the beginning really needs a slap in the face. Who is he?

• Just got back from the Avengers (well, Avengers and a hot dog).

All I'll say is that it was very, very good.

• Is Monster Hunter Tri worth buying? I got a Classic Controller Pro recently with Xenoblade, and I want to have another game to use it with.

• Monster Hunter Tri is great.

Also, my computer doesn't want to turn on. :/

I think the problem might be that I need to reset the motherboard, but I can't seem to actually unscrew the back of my computer.

• edited 2012-04-28 12:04:10
    Welcome to the N.H.K. got here today! Which is kind of funny, because Amazon said it wasn't expected to arrive until the 16th (I thought it was ludicrous, but whatever). I was gonna use it to celebrate the end of AP testing, but I guess I'll use it to celebrate the move downstairs, instead.
  • Just played Tri online yesterday with some friends.

It was pretty fun even though the preparations took a while.
  • Well, my computer is working again.  Yay.

I almost wish it wouldn't, so I could justify buying a new one... >.>

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    How old is your current one?
  • Only two years old.  But it's not like it was a particularly good computer when it came out either.  It's just a cheap laptop.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ah, gotcha.

So, I went to the site I ordered my chainmaille rings from so I could obsessively track my package, and one of the recommended items on their front page was "Bra top instructions." Seriously?
  • disregard that my computer sucks cocks

Hm... it successfully booted up, then I put it to sleep and also plugged in two USB devices.  After that it wouldn't properly wake up so I had to power it off, and now it's back to how it was this morning.  That is, it powers on but nothing else happens.  It won't even make it to the BIOS menu.