If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-04-27 01:06:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

If I ever manage to get my photos popular enough that I think I could sell online, I might launch that with a kickstarter.

For the record, here's my Kickstarter profile. Only four of the projects I'm backing are still going, but they all look excellent.

Already posted it to Facebook. Hopefully, some people there will pass it on further.

Awesome.

Avengers stuff

I probably won't get to see that for a bit. I'll have to be in spoilerdodging mode.

• You can change. You can.

hey. hey. hey. inuh

Iron Man is in the Avengers.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I love how so many of the projects you've backed are like, 300% funded.

• No rainbow star

Alex: Issue is that I'd have to somehow either convince some programmers, other artists, etc. to take a risk or manage to get enough money to pay them for the demo

• edited 2012-04-27 01:09:13

^^^Hey, hey Juan. I know. I'm just kinda busy right now :c

^^Yeah, that's because I've mostly backed really high-profile ones. Though not all. Maybe I just have excellent taste.

^Or use Game Maker.

^Hey, hey Juan. I know. I'm just kinda busy right now :c

I know. I was just making a spoilers joke. :P

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I love Kickstarter simply because as soon as I boosted it up the Staff Picks included a lesbian movie.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Tell you what, I'll pledge 100 dollars to Dust when I get my paycheck next week on Wednesday. It does look interesting and I hope the finished project gets out there.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^Oh. Damn, I fail at noticing humor today >.>

^^Not a project I'd necessarily back but a good example of why kickstarter is a good thing.

^You are awesome.

Oh. Damn, I fail at noticing humor today >.>

Today? :P

Not a project I'd necessarily back but a good example of why kickstarter is a good thing.

Yeah, but lesbians, so I'd back it.

Silliness aside, it's a pretty great example of why Kickstarter is great, yeah. I can name maybe three movies released in the last... while, in English, that actually have lesbian romances as a focus. To see someone getting backing for one that actually sounds pretty good is great.

• edited 2012-04-27 01:22:53
    ^^Yeah, even moreso than usual :P
  • edited 2012-04-27 01:23:34
    I'm a damn twisted person

INUH - Not really. All I did was look at what the average contribution amount seemed to be and rounded down to a nice even number. The video really sold me since it is sincere that the team put a lot of love into this project.

• Hmmm...I want DD

But... the gameplay videos all look mediocre and the demo didn't have any content... >.>  It might be a good game but there doesn't seem to be any real way to tell if that's the case.

I thought the gameplay looked okay and it interests me from a conceptual perspective.
  • Perhaps it's just that I'm a bit let down after hearing it described as a combination of Dark Souls and Monster Hunter.  The demo didn't really indicate any similarities to either of them beyond the most superficial.  Instead... it looks just... like an action RPG.  A very button mashy one at that.  The fact that the demo contained exactly zero RPG elements didn't really help my confidence either.  I can just write that off as the demo being extremely bad though, and not showing off anything of the game.

Still, without that you're pretty much just left to trusting Capcom's word that it's going to be a good game.

I really do want it to be good, so I'm still interested in it, but I don't think that what I've seen really makes me actually want the game (or at least, doesn't make me want the game and also to have to pay for it).

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

What convinced me were some hands-on videos. 

It was only then I realized I didn't know the name of Elodin's class. I leafed through the ledger until I spotted Edolin's name, then ran my finger back to where the title of the class was listed in fresh dark ink: "Introduction to Not Being a Stupid Jackass."

I sighed and penned my name in the single blank space beneath.

i love this book

Elodin is so awesome. Though that bit isn't quite as good as that earlier bit:
    Spoiler:
    "Oh, god, whose rooms are these?"

That bit was hilarious, I will admit.

• edited 2012-04-27 02:57:48
    No rainbow star
    HOLY SHIT

You know the godawful Olympics 2012 logo?

The logo is the number 2012

Mind = Blown

Edit: For further comparison:

• Am I the only one who thinks it looks really late-'90s?

Also, for some reason I feel bad for Wolff Olins (that logo's designers), even when they do good work it gets shat on for stupid reasons.

• edited 2012-04-27 04:19:55
    Has friends besides tanks now

The bee that's trapped in my heater is a jackass. I wake up early enough for school as it is. Why can't it be considerate and adopt my sleep schedule while it's still alive?

• Champion of the Whales

Well, everyone thinks the logo is just an adult Lisa Simpson giving a blowjob so yeah.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

And don't even get people started on the new mascots...

So, just got back from watching The Avengers. Only movie I've watched in the last year or so that had the entire audience pissing themselves at some of the one-liners.

Puny god.

I swear, The Hulk is the best character in the entire movie.

• Why did I ever stop playing TF2

why

god I love the Tomislav

• edited 2012-04-27 09:30:29
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

And it loves you too. That's why it needs one sixth of your blood. Sorry, I haven't played in a while either and I thought Valve stuck with the whole "-50 health" idea.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Tomislav is best Heavy weapon.

Man, I haven't played TF2 in forever.

Well, in the 8 hours or so since I pledged to it, Dust has gotten an additional $490 of pledges. Not bad, albeit not high enough to succeed if that rate holds, though there generally is an upsurge right before a project ends. I'll try to keep spreading the word.