If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, technically it would be sort of on your neck, which isn't your face.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I meant body hair in general (except head hair), sorry. I'll edit that in.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And now you resemble me in that respect.

welp

I hope you like being trans

• edited 2012-04-28 20:24:52
    Has friends besides tanks now

I've wondered if my predilection towards feminine traits meant I should identify as trans, a while ago, actually. But I decided not to worry about it too much.

I'm sure if you were trans, you'd know it.

Pretty much.

• edited 2012-04-28 20:32:14

It's a spectrum, not a binary. And I think leaning towards having traits of both genders qualifies more as androgynous (though I'm still trying to wrap my head around the notion of gendered traits, which has its own set of discrimination-related problems).

• edited 2012-04-28 20:35:05

I don't get the concept of gendered traits, either.

Although now that I think about it, I think my introspection came more from having traits that'd get me mistaken for gay, than identification with traits traditionally considered feminine. So it was a weird thought to entertain anyway. It was a while ago; maybe two years ago.

• In my case, I'm introspective because I like to think about what led me to become the person I am now and where that will take me, which is a subset of my general curious, inquisitive nature. It has nothing to do with gender and I never made the connection even after people told me there was supposed to be one.

• edited 2012-04-28 20:43:49

By the way, Nova, I went without shaving for four months, a while ago, and you still couldn't even see my beard chin hair (though it didn't help that it was somehow much lighter than the rest of my hair). So you proooobably don't have to worry about me growing a neckbeard, even if I tried.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^glue lint to your face.

do it.

eeeeeewwww

By the way, Nova, I went without shaving for four months, a while ago, and you still couldn't even see mybeard chin hair (though it didn't help that it was somehow much lighter than the rest of my hair). So you proooobably don't have to worry about me growing a neckbeard, even if I tried.

You sound like my brother. He's seventeen and he still doesn't have to shave :(

• edited 2012-04-28 20:59:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    There was a guy in my class who in ninth grade shaved every morning, but still had very visible stubble by the end of the day.
  • edited 2012-04-28 21:11:19

I only shave every four or so days, and that's just because I'm a nitpick. If I left it for another week, I doubt anyone would notice.

^^ Well, I wasn't quite that lucky. Wait, I think last year was when I started shaving, actually.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

You sound like my brother. He's seventeen and he still doesn't have to shave :(

My father had his first shave when he was 18. It doesn't mean anything, though, since by now he's got an extremely fast-growing stubble (it's visible only a couple of hours after shaving)

There was a guy in my class who in ninth grade shaved every morning, but still had very visible stubble by the end of the day.

Two of my friends are twins who both had a really amazing mustache at only 12 years old. Their facial hair still grows at an insane rate.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I had a small mustache since 5th grade, but didn't start shaving since I was 13. Though it hasn't gotten quite so bad so I can't go without shaving for 2-3 days. Still I envy Everest for not having to deal with most of this crap.

• edited 2012-04-28 21:30:17
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I had my first 'stache at 11-12, I think.

Anyway, shaving is a mess and totally annoying. If I wanted to stay clean-shaven I'd have to do it every day, which I just can't bring myself to do. Instead I like experimenting with different styles of facial hair, trimming it down every weekend and going clean-shaven only a couple of times a year. I look better with facial hair, I think.

Forty-five minutes in to my assignments.

I've already done two and am on the last section of my third, which will finish up a complete unit. Three-eights of a forty hour unit done in forty-five minutes! And actually done in quality, christ.

• edited 2012-04-28 21:38:23

How many people that get 4.0 GPA's do so because they go to an institution in which A+ is worth 4.3? Honestly, if my university offered that, I'd have more reason to try for that grade rather than putting in minimal effort to get an A.

• edited 2012-04-28 21:56:13
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I hate the way that one crossed wire, one wayward pinch in potassium chlorate, one errant twitch one suboptimal grade and your precious 4.0 is shattered.

This especially applies in high school.  In college, on the other hand, pretty much nobody has straight A's, so that's a lot easier to deal with.

• So just now I was able to successfully shut down my computer and then boot it back up.  I guess this is a good thing.  Hopefully it'll stay working now for... at least the rest of the week, ideally, since I need it for school.

• edited 2012-04-28 22:25:31

Also, IJBM: Fanart of humanized versions of Jewelpet characters seems to be fairly uncommon, unlike with My Little Pony.  Also also IJBM: Nobody told me that there is an anime where Aki Toyosaki plays an alpaca that is also a cop car.

• edited 2012-04-28 22:27:20

"This especially applies in high school. In college, on the other hand, pretty much nobody has straight A's, so that's a lot easier to deal with."

I'm tempted to say that on the other hand, no one gives a damn what you got in high school, but I don't know how American schools work.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

No one gives a damn what you got in high school except for the people who count, which include such select groups as:
    * college admissions committees
    * scholarship application evaluation committees (especially regarding the GPA, if not particular grades)
    * one's peers, if one is ranked at or near the top of one's class

• edited 2012-04-28 22:35:28

Yeah, the expected people, though my university was fairly lenient (80%+ for Engineering) in letting people in.

It may vary by province, but I don't recall Canadian secondary schools having GPAs. And for some reason, I get the impression US schools are a lot harder on students than Canadian schools.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

In Australia, at least, your final score for high school actually stops mattering two years after graduation. From then on, you're considered a "mature age student" and a different set of parameters apply. 

• So I played airsoft in the woods by my house today.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Air... soft? Is that some form of sword training with padded or inflated weapons? How sturdy was the ground? You might want to try fighting flat-footed rather than on the balls of your feet on difficult terrain. 

• edited 2012-04-28 22:53:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^It's basically paintball but with little plastic pellets and more realistic guns.