If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Sounds like your motherboard is screwed up, yeah.
  • Going to see Avengers Assemble (Yeah, it's called that in the UK) on Wednesday, so I'm watching Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, to get myself super pumped for it.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Just killed the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime. Now I'm in that sweet moment in Metroid games where you an unstoppable killing machine

• That used to happen to me all the time (though not on a laptop), it was just a matter of taking out and readjusting RAM cards. Maybe it's something similar?

• Yeah, that's also a possibility, I guess.  Right now though, I can't actually open up my computer to try to do anything, since two of the screws on it are slightly stripped and I don't seem to have anything that can unscrew them.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
  • edited 2012-04-28 14:01:34

Well, computer is back on.  It looks like powering it on for a while (like, until the battery runs out or so) then turning it off and turning it back on lets it boot up.

So... it might be a problem with the CMOS battery?  (EDIT: Or still maybe the RAM.  I dunno.)

• Champion of the Whales

Avengers Assemble

It obviously wasn't going to be called "the Avengers" but that name is a bit lame

I don't particularly care about the deaths of pakistanis. More than 90% of that country wants us dead, and our "alliance" with them has been marked by constant corruption, betrayal, and prevarication on their side. As far as I'm concerned, every dead pakistani is one less for us to worry about.

For those of you talking about the Geneva Convention or Rules of War, the last time we fought anyone who obeyed something resembling Rules of War was during our Civil War in the 1860's. Ever since the Geneva Conventions were passed, we have never fought a war against a foe who abided by them. They are an unnecessary, ridiculous handicap that gets our people killed. Who in their right mind would fight according to a set of rules when their opponent has no rules? Its suicidal. We should renege on the Geneva Conventions.

FEEL ALL OF MY RIGHTEOUS WRATH, VILE CRETIN!

• edited 2012-04-28 16:53:14
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@The Pakistani part:

IJBM: My dad isn't far off from thinking like that.

• Champion of the Whales

We should renege on the Geneva Conventions.

I'm sorry but I thought US had done that, I have been reading a special report about the after effects of using White Phosphorous in Fallujah. I mean its been described as "worse than Hiroshima" with kids being born with 6 fingered hands and the like

NATO dropped empty uranium shells on Serbia in 1999, which is very similar. It caused the cancer rate to rise astronomically, the soil is ruined and there is a new species of large, blood-sucking mutant flies (we call them the "Clinton flies" - they're mostly eradicated, though).

• edited 2012-04-28 17:20:00
    Champion of the Whales

So yeah, when was the last time the US fought within the Geneva and Hague conventions? The Spanish-American War?

Their Civil War?

Edit: the USA still uses Clusterbombs >.<

Might makes right in this world...

• edited 2012-04-28 17:26:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Oh, wow, a discussion that boils down to "yeah, the US government isn't all that nice." Nope, never seen that before.

Hey, it's better to vent on a forum than ending up flipping out and bombing US embassies, right?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Hey, it's better to vent on a forum than ending up flipping out and bombing US embassies, right?

uh

wow

are

are those your only two options
  • edited 2012-04-28 17:34:19
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

It's only hyperbole, man.

So, um...

A fine weather today, is it?

• edited 2012-04-28 17:37:52

^^^^What the heck is your problem? It's a valid topic of discussion because it is still indicative of the U.S.'s approach to foreign policy today and many people still don't realize the extent of the government's atrocities. And how would you like it if I got all pissy about every topic you're interested in?

• Champion of the Whales

are

are those your only two options

No, the third opiton is take over the local US embassy and try to murder everyone in it.

• edited 2012-04-28 17:47:41
    ^^Calm down. I was just saying that it's a fairly repetitive topic of discussion that all the people engaging in it tend to already agree on.
  • edited 2012-04-28 17:58:36

Yes, but it came off as smug and dismissive, and I've seen a lot of dismissive attitudes on this forum already in regards to specific topics of discussion (some contributed by myself) that I couldn't tell whether it actually was.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions though. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, it probably wasn't the best-thought-out post I've ever posted >.>

But it wasn't intended to be overly serious. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Dude, I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever but this girl sounds like a total fucking ditz. How can she have the nerve to tell you that you're more important than any boyfriend, then goes on to date and fuck other guys? This is an "Are you fucking kidding me" moment. By doing what she's doing, she is taking your invested emotions with irreverance. She's basically spitting in your face and telling you to like it, then when you say, I've had enough, she makes it seem like you're the bad guy. I'm sorry, but that is not the sign of a good friend. If she truly wanted to be your friend, at the very least she would care enough not to rub all this boyfriend shit in your face. If she cared even more about you, she would have enough decency to cut your relationship off completely, because she would realize that any time you talk to her is torture for you because of how much you like her. In my oppinion, she's just using you as an emotional sponge. She wants to trust you and feel safe with you, but she doesn't want your dick inside of her ass/vagina/mouth. Which is total bullshit. She's a selfish bitch, who wants to have her cake and eat it too. You tell her, "Look, I don't want to waste my time investing my emotion into a woman who will never bear fruit with me (metaphore for babies)" Tell her you've had enough. Tell her you don't want to meet the guy that's gonna be fucking the girl he knows less about than you. If she says that's not fair, ask he if it's fair to use you as an emotional sponge? You get all the baggage with none of the pussy. Fuck that dude. Fuck her. Drop her. Drop her. Fuck her dude. I'm sorry I got so wound up, but this kind of bullshit really pisses me off. You deserve better than her, even if she's nice to talk to, underneath she's still a bitch and a whore. Find a nice girl who doesn't only want you, but wants you exclusively. One who waited for you and hasn't even fucked anyone before you because she respected you enough not to fuck around before she even knew you. Dude. FUCK THAT WHORE. She's a disrespectful, ignorant, slut. If you can, cut her out of your life COMPLETELY.

reddit.txt

• I can't help but hear Tommy Wiseau's voice whenever these kinds of things show up.

• An accurate summary of my night, if only in title:

• edited 2012-04-28 19:43:01

Well, it beats being lost in Mogadishu.

(For anyone who doesn't know where Mogadishu is, here's its Wikitravel page)

• edited 2012-04-28 20:04:17
    Has friends besides tanks now

Even in spite of how much of my stepdad's stuff is still down here, I like my new room so far. Only conceivable problem I can think of is that I officially live in the basement.

I even have room for my wall scrolls now!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Grow a neckbeard and I will be forced to end you, Everest.

• edited 2012-04-28 20:20:01
    Has friends besides tanks now

Don't worry, I hate body hair.

But if you insi~~~st!