If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I'm going to spend New Year at my hometown,so I won't be around for 4 or 5 days.

So happy 2012 in advance
  • Happy new year, nohay!
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Thanks Alex. I'll probably use a single-handed one so I can old my prime-infused Cross in the other.
  • You can change. You can.
    I just made a Doctor Who MtG deck.

I feel like I just sank to a new level of geekery. 
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Also, I don't think it's ever mentioned that the giant mysterious evil monster gods in Final Fantasy Tactics would do anything to the world after doing what they set out to do.

If only I hadn't already played both of those. :/

Thanks anyway though.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So, are there any JRPGs at all that don't end with you having to fight
    some giant mysterious evil monster/god/whatever that's trying to take
    over/destroy the world?
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    Only because destroying the world is your goal.

• It's still far better than destroying the world being the enemy's goal in terms of non-boringness.

Admittedly, it's not as bad when the game is clear from the beginning that you're trying to save the world from an ancient evil demon that was sealed 1000 years ago but then broke out or whatever.  But of course then the game still has a really generic story.  But it's especially annoying when the story is mostly or entirely focused on something else... until the last part of the game, when suddenly the interesting storylines stop and you have to save the world again because it's an RPG.

• a little muffled
    Well, arguably, the thing you fight at the end could be seen as trying to "destroy" the real world.
    The world-destroyer in Persona 4 was dumb since up until that point the game's plot had been a supernatural murder mystery and they decided catching the murderer wasn't climactic enough.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    ...It's Shin Megami Tensei. They needed to pull something like that. It's kind of a law or something.
    It's a way of artificially raising the stakes, of course it's common in gaming, where writing tends to be relatively weak.
  • Well, yeah, that's the reason.  Doesn't mean it's any less frustrating.

Completely unrelated in every way:

Anyone here have a MyAnimeList.net account?  Just curious, since GMH is currently the only person here who I know is on MAL.  (link to mine)

Or I guess a Backloggery account if you're the sort of person who feels like recording their progress in their video games, though I don't actually use my account there since it turns out I don't play video games much but I guess since I've actually been playing games lately I might change that.  (link to mine, though there's not much of a point since I actually removed everything from it since I wasn't using it)

Basically the point I'm getting at is I want to stalk you people and find out what things you've watched/played/etc. >.>
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I have a MAL account, but it's rather out of date. I might go back to it and update it, though.
    I remember thinking of starting an Anime list back when I thought that I might get into anime, but then I went "Nah" and left it at that. 
    I have a lot of stuff to watch, but in the time it would take me to list it all, I could probably get through some of it.
    There's also that, definetly. I fear making a list, because it then becomes a scary thing that I wouldn't even manage to reduce and would procastinate on. 
  • a little muffled
    I have a MAL. I stopped trying to keep track of my plan-to-watch ages ago, though.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I am now reading through Icycalm's website, for reasons almost entirely unknown to me.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Godspeed, Wicked. Godspeed.
  • Currently reading Don Quixote, the oldest book I've ever read.
  • edited 2011-12-30 17:30:11
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Go read the epic of Gilgamesh. Then you'll never have to say that again, short of a miraculous archaeological find.
    Ok, so now that I've got The Prisoner, I finally decided to finish Twin Peaks.

My god, those were some of the best 45 minutes of my life. Shame I got spoiled because I discovered Tumblr.

As per usual, I blame Malk. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to spam our image thread with a billion of Bob GIFs.
    In NYC to spend new years with ny cousin.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    dude

we should like 

hang out or something

unless you don't want to

that's cool
    I love how Wicked always ends up saying that whenever someone gets by his place.
    What can I say? I'm starved for company. 
  • edited 2011-12-30 23:10:59
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I want to rewatch an episode or two of K-ON! (either season), but I don't remember the best episodes, and I'm far too lazy to look it up, since I'm on the phone. D:
    I really hate living with my parents -_-
    Same, INUH. What did they do this time?

@Everest: Clearly, you must watch them all and rejoice in the moeshit.
    They're arguing. Something about the New York Times. I wouldn't give a shit, except that my mom walked into my room and ranted incoherently about it for a bit.