If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    hah, lovely. My mom often does that whenever she reads an article she likes/doesn't like
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I don't think it was an article. My mom's apparently considering buying an online subscription, and my dad asked what the actual benefits are, since they let you read all their articles for free anyway. Cue argument.
  • Meh. That's normal.
  • edited 2011-12-30 23:24:52
    Has friends besides tanks now
    @Juan: If I thought I could afford to stay up that late in the morning, I'd be all over it.

@INUH: Try having parents who yell when they're in agreement.
  • edited 2011-12-30 23:27:04
    I think it's a little petty to complain about parents arguing or yelling, considering the much worse situations you could be in. Not to mention arguing is a normal fact of life that every relationship has at some point.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It's less the arguing and more living with people I completely despise.

I'm aware that there are people with worse parents, but I don't see why that's an automatic barrier to any complaints about them.
  • edited 2011-12-30 23:38:11

Odd confession time: I tend to wish that was the only thing I ever had to deal with. And I know that the sentiment would be even greater if I lived with parents that were outright abusive.

When I hear people complain about stuff like that, it reminds me of that Aesop's fable of the oxen pulling the constantly shrieking cart.

• edited 2011-12-30 23:35:34
    I want to rewatch an episode or two of K-ON! (either season), but I don't remember the best episodes, and I'm far too lazy to look it up, since I'm on the phone. D:
    Episode 13 of season 2 is one of my favorites.  It's the one where Azusa is hanging out with Ui, but she's really tired so she keeps having weird daydreams.

And it's followed up by one of my other favorite episodes, where Mugi and Ritsu hang out during what is totally a date, and Mugi demands skinship with Ritsu.

18 is also good, because Romio and Juritsu, plus everyone is a waitress.

From season 1, episode 11 is cute, because jealous Ritsu.

But my favorite episode from season 1 is episode 7, the Christmas/New Year's episode.  And it's a pretty appropriate time to watch it since it's New Year's Eve today, so... yeah!

So... yeah.  Those are some episodes I like, so... maybe you agree with me and thus will want to watch one of them?

Of course, every episode of K-ON! is great, so you could just pick any of them, really.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Hm. Maybe if I'm not too tired at this point. Thanks, bro.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    broodmother

wtf

nervous breakdown what
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^I feel you, sis. The Broodmother is probably one of the few times I've ever been legitimately freaked out in a video game.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    it was like

bioware decided to stick a horror game in my high fantasy rpg

why
  • edited 2011-12-31 00:35:53
    You can change. You can.
    I think it's a little petty to complain about parents arguing or yelling, considering the much worse situations you could be in. Not to mention arguing is a normal fact of life that every relationship has at some point.

Appeal to worse is kinda faulty logic. 
    I can't say my relationship with my parents is particularly abusive, but I certainly wish I could get away from them for quite a while. In fact, I think that the few months away from them I've got (And the subsequent months after being so long without them) have made me feel a lot better about my folks than being constantly together has.

^Because Bioware is all about horror, see.

Also, aren't you playing Oblivion/Skyrim?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Watching Dollhouse with some herbal relaxants with my cousin. Dollhouse sucks but. Eliza Dushku is unspeakably beautiful.

Also I'm kind of hungry.
    I was playing oblivion, but then I had a literal ten minute walk and didn't get to my quest objective and I had nothing else to do and blah blah blah I quit 'coz Dragon Age is better than Oblivion.
  • edited 2011-12-31 01:59:59
    (EDIT: Wait nevermind I'm being a dick, sorry)
  • Why do I keep coming back to this forum? I don't fit in here at all.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Finally got a copy of Serenity. Wheeeeeeee.
    geez (spoilers incomin')

The more I play, the more this world sucks. Everywhere I turn, demons, or dead people killing, or darkspawn, or dragons. Cultists trying to kill me, people betraying me, oppressed cultures, mages unable to live their lives without interference, dwarves living under the yoke of horrible traditions, villages of humans cursed into werewolves for centuries, people being tortured, people being violated every way until they lose their humanity and become broodmothers, golems being the souls of people trapped eternally in stone bodies, orphanages being ravaged by demons, alienages being tricked by slavers, bandits fucking everywhere, jesus that isn't even half of it
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Happy New Year's.

Whee, drunkpost.
    Well, I did it. Loghain is dead at my hand.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    The other option is so wonderful.
    There are multiple other options :v
    oh yeah, new year is a thing. 

who da thunk it
  • edited 2011-12-31 08:33:32
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^ Forgiveness!

^ Feel like sleeping; cannot due to social conventions.
    shouldn't you be not posting and getting your ass drunk
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I just woke up from a dream in which I was accepted to all the colleges I applied to, all at once.

Now I'm sad. ;_;
  • edited 2011-12-31 09:31:36
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >The more I play, the more this world sucks. Everywhere I turn,
    demons, or dead people killing, or darkspawn, or dragons. Cultists
    trying to kill me, people betraying me, oppressed cultures, mages unable
    to live their lives without interference, dwarves living under the yoke
    of horrible traditions, villages of humans cursed into werewolves for
    centuries, people being tortured, people being violated every way until
    they lose their humanity and become broodmothers, golems being the souls
    of people trapped eternally in stone bodies, orphanages being ravaged
    by demons, alienages being tricked by slavers, bandits fucking
    everywhere, jesus that isn't even half of it

Welcome to the point, Cygan.

^^^You lose Alastair if you do that though.
    Aw, Evermod. I'm sure you'll be accepted in at least one of them. :p