If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, I never really had a guild I was really attached to in WoW.

And I think it's probably not going to be F2P for a long time, if it's as successful as I've been hearing. >.>
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, historically, I don't think there's been a case where an MMO lost revenue by going F2P.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think Bioware has stated that they want to remain subscription based as long as possible.
  • So I sent someone on another forum a PM that would warrant a reply, and said person didn't respond. I'm wondering if I might have done something to upset him...
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Good news, guys: I might not ever be able to camwhore again after taking this picture.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Work on filling out that beard.

Hey Alex, what's a sword that would make sense for a holy-warrior mage in an urban setting?
  • edited 2011-12-29 23:13:00
    Has friends besides tanks now
    That would be a sight to see. But I actually kinda like how scraggly and faint my facial hair is at the moment. I agree it would be cooler fully grown, but . . . it's taken me since the end of October (with a failed attempt at shaving halfway through November) just to do that much, and I'm only giving myself two more months to grow it out before I shave it for the state swim meet, so I can't guarantee anything.
    I have this thing where I think I look good at about a day-and-a-half's worth of peach fuzz. If only there were razors with a 'stubble' setting.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Just be glad your facial hair grows that fast. :<
    Razors cost money though... I try to keep myself well-groomed though so it's fortunate I can pull off the bearded-Jesus look. 
  • ^^^ I would so buy that razor, Malk.
  • After a certain point it facial hair growth speed gets annoying.

Also, sorry for the "people don't reply to my posts" post, but does anyone have anything to say about ^x8? It kinda bothers me. (Silly, I know, but still...)
    If it really bothers you send him a PM point-blank asking. If there's no reply then there's nothing you can do so don't sweat it.
  • Pretty much. Also, even that isn't necessary if you don't know that he's been on the forum for an extended period of time after receiving the PM.
  • edited 2011-12-29 23:56:59
    Alright, I guess I will. Thanks.

Hmm, now how can I say this without sounding creepy/stalkery...

Ninja edit: ^ He has.

Edit edit: (Also, this will have to wait)
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >
    I have this thing where I think I look good at about a day-and-a-half's worth of peach fuzz. If only there were razors with a 'stubble' setting.

Get an electric shaver?
    No, can you point me to one that does this?
  • edited 2011-12-30 00:02:36
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Not by name at this time of the morning, but there are several advertised here that have settings regarding how much hair growth to leave behind.

Edit:
    I tell I lie, a quick google links to this.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Hey Alex, what's a sword that would make sense for a holy-warrior mage in an urban setting?

It depends what you want to represent. With attention to historical context, you can inadvertently draw attention to a particular "flavour" of holy warrior. I'll go ahead and say that cruciform swords are the general order of the day, essentially being steel crosses and all.

Apart from that, you'll want to think of whether your character is more like an active crusader or gentle paragon. For the former, you'll want a single-handed sword, perhaps with a holy inscription. Such swords were the favoured blades of crusader knights in the Holy Land. For the latter, you'll want a longsword. They hark from a later era where less emphasis was on righteous aggression and more on chivalric ideals, with a more modern interpretation of Christianity.

As for the fighting styles, a single-handed style is by necessity more kinetic. There's less blade control, so to work up speed and power, one needs larger movements. This can be aided somewhat by supporting the dominant hand with the off hand, similar to how you see police officers hold their pistols and flashlights at once, with contact at the wrists. The longsword style is more controlled, with power and speed both generated and stopped more easily.
  • a little muffled
    I watched Summer Wars earlier with a friend. Pretty damn great movie, if you can get past the Hollywood hacking and such. The English dub is also very good.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

oblivion

why your dungeons so dark I no can use bow because I need to see which makes stealth hard

why you so big it takes ten minutes to get to quest objective

why you give me nothing to do

why
  • What?

Oblivion's dungeons are dark?

I never had that. In fact, at one point I actually downloaded a mod specifically to make it actually dark.

Skyrim's are even worse =/
  • edited 2011-12-30 05:50:41
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    They are very dark, at least on my TV/PS3

It's really, really hard to see in them.

And I don't like not being able to see around me and what things are there and what they're doing to me .-.
  • Yeah I never had that problem, on PC or PS3.

Wait, you have a PS3 now?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I do have that problem. Playing earlier was like -sneak sneak tippy toe tippy toe- hmmm, I appear to have wandered out of my patch of mopnlight and now I can barely see the walls. I guess I will turn around and sAHHHHHHHHH THERE'S A FLYING IMP BIGGER THAN MY HEAD RIGHT THERE AND IT'S THROWING FIREBALLS AT MY FACE KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT FUCK BACK TO THE MOONLIGHT

-catch my breath-

Oooh, a mushroom.

Oh, I appear to have wandered out of my patch of moonlight. Time to turn around and sAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • I just hit it with swords until they die.

Or create uber-powerful spells and spam them.

Next time I shall play as Fighter McWarrior. Or Black Mage.
  • edited 2011-12-30 08:45:28
    Has friends besides tanks now
    >agree to quest
    >new quest is half the map's length away

;_;

EDIT: And of course, on the way to that quest, I was also caught between a bear, a dragon, two mammoths, and a giant. I got the giant and the mammoths to kill the dragon after weakening it, and I killed the bear, but . . . well, then the giant caught up to me.
  • edited 2011-12-30 09:09:41
    Oh, I remembered something.

So, are there any JRPGs at all that don't end with you having to fight
    some giant mysterious evil monster/god/whatever that's trying to take
    over/destroy the world?

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Also, I don't think it's ever mentioned that the giant mysterious evil monster gods in Final Fantasy Tactics would do anything to the world after doing what they set out to do.
    Argh, I wish I'd known the Legacy system was a thing before I started TOR. Otherwise I would have used a different name for my main and saved Forzare for my Legacy name.