If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• ^Nearing the end of term? Fatigue tends to set in during that time.

Anyways, waiting for the results of a job interview is like waiting for final exam grades, only with less certainty and more at stake. Any suggestions on how to completely forget about it until the confirmation e-mail?

• You can change. You can.
    media? drown your sorrows in alcohol? engage in relentless masturbation?
  • Hmm...maybe I could take up drinking.
  • edited 2011-12-09 10:04:09
    Well, someone took the female plug off an extension cord and left the wires exposed, which I found out only after connecting the other end to the outlet and rummaging through the tangled cable. Fuck that shit.
     female plug

explain 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The one with the holes.
  • Here. The uppermost is female, the lowermost is male.
    oh, hey, that's a thing in english

huh. who da thunk it
  • It exists in Spanish, too.

If you're curious, it also applies to screw threads.
    it does?

cuz I never seen it expressed like that in my entire life.
  • edited 2011-12-09 10:27:06
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Why does the most difficult part of writing an essay have to be writing the closing paragraph?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^It's writing the introduction for me.
  • edited 2011-12-09 10:31:20
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I can usually at least squeeze out some thoughts to begin with, but having to reiterate them after my points are made in detail is bothersome.
  • No rainbow star
    Intros are also my weakness. After that though I find it quite easy to do the rest :D
  • it does?

cuz I never seen it expressed like that in my entire life.

It's not used as often in common parlance, I think.
  • Giving homework help basically feels like you're doing nothing effective expect walk the student through the exercises. Hopefully it's just pessimism at work.

• edited 2011-12-09 11:03:22

"Giving homework help basically feels like you're doing nothing effective expect walk the student through the exercises."

You're doing it wrong then. Often, when I get help, it's because I've reached a mental block that I need some guidance to work around. All I need are the clues to figure out how to comprehend the problem.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    Huh. They're holding Ian Brady's mental health tribunal in public.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
  • No rainbow star
    Huh. I have ancestors on my dad's side that were slave traders, plantation owners, pirates, and I even have a grandfather who was a drug dealer

Yet somwhere among that mess is a knight with the nickname Longshanks who served a King Richard
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I finally saw Rick Perry's "Strong" ad, and I can certainly see why it's already memetic.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Since I'm bored,I'll do a list of all the Twilight Princess dungeons and my opinion about them

• Forest Dungeon: Don't remember much about it,but liked the bosses,especially the last one
    • Fire Dungeon: Another on I don't remember much about. The Iron Boots segments,while funny at first,quickly became boring because of Link's slow pace.The boss,although visually impressing,was a bit too easy
    • Water Dungeon: It was like a good OoT Water Temple. The boss was really great,both in challenge and setting
    • Desert Dungeon: A bit bland at first,but once you got the item it became really fun. The boss was fucking awesome
    • Snow Mansion: Really,really annoying. Cannonballs,those enemies with the spears,slippery floor based puzzles.... The setting was really good,and having an unlimited supply of health helped,so it wasn't that bad. The boss wasn't that great,however
    • Temple of Time: My favourite of the game. The concept was really great,and pretty original. The boss was a bit dissapointing though.
    • Sky City: I really liked the setting,and the difficulty was just right. The boss was really great too, a pretty challenging fight.
    • Palace of Twilight: While the setting was really great,and a nice change of the usual in a Zelda game, the dungeon itself felt a bit too easy for being the second last dungeon. As for Zant, I like the idea of a Final Exam boss,but it wasn't done as masterfully as in Okami(have I mentioned how much I love Okami?)
    • Hyrule Castle: As with the Palace of Twilight, this one felt a bit too easy too. Since the final boss is divided in 4 stages I'll do them separately:
    1. Possesed Zelda: A bit too generic,I mean,it's simpler than the Forest Temple boss from OoT. I liked the twist of it being a possesed Zelda tough
    2. Beast Ganon: Easily the best part of the fight. It felt like a combination of Phantom Ganon with Ganon from OoT
    3. Horse fight: Very frustating,since Zelda has shit aim,and Ganon did nothing but run around like an idiot
    4. Sword Duel: It felt a bit lackluster for being treated as the greates duel in the century and whatnot. Ganondorf barely did anything and I,personally, don't like buttonmashing to win. You could use normal sword techniques to win though. (Also, I have to repeat this fight some time so I can try the fishing rod trick)

I apologize for the wall of text...

• No rainbow star
    IJBM: The snow in snowclone. Where did that even come from? =/
  • But you never had any to begin with.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...Well now I feel stupid D:
    blah blah, long day has been long. i'm just gonna chill now.
  • So apparently this bland and generic label is worth thousands of dollars. I really don't get collector mentality.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Wasn't that the game that had numbered copies and was super rare?