If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Don't do it, man. Nothing good can come of it.
  • You can change. You can.
    Indeed. Listen to the Malk bottle.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ That brought up images that alternate between somebody suckling on Malk's nipples, a bottle made of Malk's body parts, and a bottle with Malk somehow shoved inside, screaming in pain

:< I'm not sure which is the most disturbing
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    brb, slowly inserting rusty nails into my eyes
  • Being in charge of the minutes means bringing a laptop, which leads to:

-Being able to surf the web when the meeting goes nowhere.

-Using reaction vids when the discussion goes nowhere.

Lovely.

• "Using reaction vids when the discussion goes nowhere."

Sounds like a good way to get sacked.

• edited 2011-12-04 16:36:53
    Diet NEET

It's not a job, it's a committee, and when the more touchy members yap on for five minutes about the way something is phrased, it's one of the more elegant ways of telling someone that they're whining. The blunt version happens often enough, too, so I'm well within perimeters.

• No rainbow star
    We're on page 151

I want to make a Pokemon joke
  • IJBM: "Don't modify or redistribute this without my permission" and similar statements.  Fuck that.  Especially when the creator isn't profiting from it anyway, there's no reason to restrict other people's freedom like that.  It can only ever be harmful, and seems to be motivated by selfishness more than anything else.
  • edited 2011-12-04 19:07:18
    So it's selfish not to have a bunch of people pretending to be you by taking credit for your creation? Key words: without my permission. Is it that hard to go up and ask?
  • edited 2011-12-04 19:11:26
    I'm alright with them requiring credit be given.  And yes, sometimes it is hard to ask, as much of the time it is difficult or impossible to contact the original creator (language barriers, dropping off the face of the internet, etc.).  Plus I don't really think it should be up to them anyway.  Nobody really benefits from not letting people modify their work that they weren't profiting from anyway, but other people are harmed by it.
  • edited 2011-12-04 19:18:49

"Nobody really benefits from not letting people modify their work that they weren't profiting from anyway"

But those people aren't doing it for the money. It's for the joy of creation. Identity thieves and mean-spirited vandalism detract from that. So at the minimum, people should expect a "Please credit the original owner" rule.

And there I go overreacting to superlatives again. I hate the word "Nobody" when used in the context of public opinion.

I dunno, DYRE, would you like seeing your glorious 500 page fanfic distributed free on the web turned into proverbial toilet paper?
  • So at the minimum, people should expect a "Please credit the original owner" rule.

And I'm okay with that.  But there's a big difference between that and "no derivative works ever."

^ At worst, I'd be mildly annoyed for a little bit, but I can't imagine my reaction would be any different than if someone just said something strongly negative about something I did.

Anyway, though, the other part of this is that most of the time when I see this it's in the context of game mods or fansubs or other things that already are derivative works themselves.  So preventing other people from making derivative works just seems... bizarre.

• "would you like seeing your glorious 500 page fanfic distributed free on the web turned into proverbial toilet paper?"

Rather than the literal kind?

Yup, rather than the literal kind. (As in, something so worthless that it might as well be toilet paper rather than, you know, someone printing it, using it as toilet paper and posting a video about it in the internet)
  • Much as I hope gay marriage becomes legalised in this country, I can't shake the feeling they're just using it to distract us from the really important issues.
  • edited 2011-12-04 21:54:52
    legionnaire!! Hi, legionnaire. How is Australia today?

And I hope they pass that too!! :<

Also, bye legionnaire!! Sleepytime, legionnaire!!
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It seems Victoria isn't going to pass the gay marriage thing.

Boo, hiss.
  • edited 2011-12-04 22:00:39
    No rainbow star
    ^^^^ If somebody did that with a work of mine, I think I'd just laugh
  • edited 2011-12-04 22:13:43

^^^ Okay...

^^ >=/ Damned Victorians. Nothing good there. Except you. And one other troper.

• TBS says that there are currently no plans for a 3rd season of K-ON!.

;_;

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'm sure things will change once enough manga gets made.

As popular as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if another station picked it up.
  • I sure hope...

I want to see Sumire-chan in an anime, dammit!

So.

Watching Fate/Stay Night.

I know it has its origins in hentai, so why did it take me so long to realise it's an action-oriented, mythological harem anime?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Eh, the original is barely hentai. There are a couple of bits where the characters randomly do it then go back to whatever they were doing beforehand, so it's rather obvious that the sex scenes were just added in for sales.
    Yeah, I imagine that's the case.

You don't draw on that much mythology for fap fodder unless you have a very specific kink.
  • edited 2011-12-05 02:02:13
    Fuck you Starbucks guy.

It's freezing fucking cold and I just want a coffee, English isn't my first language, it's arguably not even my second, so who cares if I can't speak Italian. Surely YOU know what I mean when I ask for a large latte? COME ON! 

Also, I dislike the thumping of posts, both here and on TVTropes.

It ends up with a bunch of blank posts and it means we rarely get to see examples of bad behavior, for newbies. Also, we don't get to re-read delicious drama!
  • No rainbow star
    God I have been gassy the last while. Non stop burping :<
  • Gonna download F/SN tonight. For great justice! And 1080p!