If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    I normally can't beyond the first few strips. But GC has enthrlled me.

Even if I hate annie and the art is punching me in the face.

It's just that enjoyable, really.

Also >darth and droids

Forzare confirmed for soul brother.
  • edited 2011-12-02 18:19:23
    a little muffled
    I did try to read GC. I couldn't. Which was sad, because I liked what I read well enough, but I just couldn't see myself reading however many more strips of that.

Maybe if it ever finishes and the whole thing comes out in print form I'll read it.
  • I just can't do narrative webcomics. Don't have the attention span for them; the web is too much of a distraction.
  • edited 2011-12-02 19:30:52
    Kichigai birthday!!

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Now, that's kind of interesting. I went to the Minecraft site to buy it and saw a tweet by Notch that implied that he is excited that Terraria is currently very cheap for a few hours and advises to buy it. Which in turn implies that he likes Terraria.

I wonder what the Minecraft players who like to badmouth it think about that.
  • Is it just me or is the most fun you have at a party or other larger social gigs the chatting and chilling once the whole thing has died down a bit?

Pretty much. Parties are boriing unless you're with people who you enjoy being with, really.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    IJBM: The person who volunteered to ST the V:tR game I've joined is currently dealing with wedding plans and hasn't posted to the recruitment thread in days, even though we have more than enough to being a game. Seriously, why volunteer to run the game if you're going to be busy?

Should I bump the thread, just to make sure if it's still on, or would that be rude, seeing as we know why he might not be posting? Or could I just check to make sure everyone's still on board?
  • edited 2011-12-03 14:27:30

The Oreimo limited edition DVD set is sold out everywhere (except Amazon, but no way I'm spending >$120 on it)! ;_;

I mean, I guess I should have expected this, and I really don't care that much, but it's still kind of annoying.  Oh well.  Just means I can spend that money on other things I guess.

IJBM: I keep reading "Just" as "Juan"
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Similarly, "word" as "sword".
    And they call me obssessed.
  • "You cannot fathom the amount of FUCK I don't give."

Is the inherent paradox of this the punchline?

Buh, angst, wuwuwu, wuwuwu.

My mother wants to push me into a career. My father wants to push me into university despite how destructive the past few years have been to me. Older brother's in jail. Can't express my concerns to my younger brother; he looks up to me, so I can't be weak in front of him. Can't tell my friends about my depression, as they're liable to misunderstand the condition or just try and get me some pussy or, worse, a relationship. Can't afford therapy.

I'll just leave this here, by the way.

• No rainbow star
    I found out that I'm part Irish

Also that I am connected to the Hingston family

John Joseph Hingston's information matches the site
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    OOOOOOLLLLLLLLD!
  • Ahh. My sympathies, Alex!! :<

• edited 2011-12-03 22:48:00
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I know that feel, Alex. Today has been an emotionally rough day. So, e-hugs for you.

Oh, and just rifling through the attic for Christmas decorations, I found the gift I was gonna give my ex last Christmas.

Fuuuuuun memories. >_>

If anybody needs me I'll be watching Scooby-doo while being unable to move on.
    >get horribly depressed
    >watch childhood favourites

Man, this so much.

Flight of draaaa-gons...
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    My sympathies to you as well, Alex.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Hope things get better soon.

I don't have much else to say, because what can I say?
  • No rainbow star
    *hugs Alex* Hope things... What Everest said
    --pats Alex in the back and sends a big sword to Australia--
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    :(
    *touches Alex's shoulder in a supportive way*
  • Alex - That's certainly a messy family situation, and you have my sympathy.

Long-term, your parents are probably right about going to university or getting a career, but short-term I appreciate that you may not feel up to either. Is that a situation you think you can change, though?

• edited 2011-12-04 12:39:22
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    My parents are certainly right, but these aren't small considerations and my parents treat them too casually and expect me to do the same. I'm not sure about changing the situation. I mean, I could go with my parents' advice, but I'd probably just crash and burn if I did either of those things right now. Right now, I feel as though I have to progress to a greater level of internal security before committing time and effort to those things.

Also.

Thanks for the support, guys. It matters, perhaps a little more than you might otherwise think.
  • Just ran out of booze...
    > still has a third of a bottle of mead
    > 5:30 AM
    > not sure if appropriate...
  • Repeat after self;

"Condutor, do not go crawling back do not go crawling back do not go crawling back do not go crawling back, she left you, do not go crawling back do not go crawling back"