If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Let Me In was a pretty good as far as cultural adaptation goes, though it had a lot of ideas pretty familiar to American viewers.

The loss of subtlety was an issue though.
  • At the least, it certainly seems unnecessary. Not that it ever stopped anyone.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Remakes are very rarely necessary.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    My band teacher's gonna make us play this song. I'm kinda scared. ._.
  • edited 2011-11-30 20:22:31
    bleh, nevermind
  • They're somethin' else.
    CUTMAN, FUCK YEAH!
  • I is sad schitzo. Give me hugs, schitzo.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Just added Element Hunters to my to-watch list.

Revision of what I touched on in an earlier post.  Here are the series that I've watched or planned to watch in significant part because I heard a theme song and liked it:
    * A Certain Scientific Railgun ("Only My Railgun")
    * Elemental Gelade ("Forever")
    * Fruits Basket ("For Fruits Basket" and "Serenade")
    * Kiddy Grade ("Future")
    * Lost Universe ("Infinity")
    * Neon Genesis Evangelion ("Cruel Angel's Thesis")
    * Stratos 4 ("1st Priority" initially got me interested, but it also contains other great Melocure songs)
    * UFO Princess Valkyrie (several Melocure songs, including "Meguriai" and "Agapé")
    * Wangan Midnight ("Lights and Anymore")
    This is not a list of series that have great theme songs; just a list of series that I got interested in in significant part because of the theme song.
  • re:watching shows because of theme songs; I kind of want to watch Infinite Stratos just because I like its theme songs.  Also, it seems similar to Strike Witches, which was pretty good.  On the other hand, IS is a harem show and harems suck when they aren't Haruhi or OreImo or Tenchi Muyo or Nadesico or any other of the many harem anime I like... >.>  Okay, so maybe being a harem anime isn't that bad...

So I guess I will be watching IS after all...

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Don't do it; the mecha fights are nothing special, and as a harem it's about as generic as you can get. There's really only one likable character. Just download the ED and be done with it is my advice.
  • edited 2011-11-30 21:35:57
    But then how will I get my requiremed amount of shitty fanservice anime?  I haven't been watching much of that lately, y'know.
  • edited 2011-11-30 21:57:31
    Has friends besides tanks now
    If you want ecchi, I'm sure you can do better.

Anyway, @Juan_Carlos, how can I get my card database on Cockatrice to actually add every set? Do you know? I've tried re-downloading it, but that hasn't worked. Perhaps if I delete the program and then re-download it?

EDIT: All fixed.
    I'm really considering throwing US$0.49 at TF2 to get a full-featured account.  Mostly because I won't have to deal with figuring out what to junk from my inventory.

The fact that my inventory is filled with half-useless junk of which I don't know what to throw out is actually a good thing for keeping me from playing the game.  It, combined with the fact that I've logged nearly as much time playing TF2 as I have playing Recettear, have so far kept me from wasting more time playing the game.

That said, the real reason why I would actually want to keep playing is because I can change my Steam name to all sorts of silly things.  Such as:
    * "someone who sucks at TF2"
    * "that annoying W+M1 Pyro"
    Is A certain scientific railgun any good? Amazon keeps sending me suggestions but I'm hesitant.
  • They're somethin' else.
    -huggles teh Cutman-
    ^^ Don't know; haven't seen it; all I know is that the main character is an electromancer and the target of much fanservice attention.
  • edited 2011-11-30 22:26:45
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

"Two players. Two sides. One is light. One is dark."

And people say they pulled the last season of Lost out of their asses. :V
    ^^Both could be appealing. If it's good.
  • To Aru Kagaku No Railgun is really good, so you should definitely watch it.  Mhm.

I have heard that it's better than A Certain Magical Index.

Also, I still have Cirno's Perfect Math Class in my head.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Buh. Some people seem to just automatically cause my body to prepare for aggression as of now. Or perhaps it's just that I've not slept. Either way, my body just activated as though I'd been threatened.

Not good.
    It's not me is it?

/knowz it's actually not him.
    Was on the train.

I think it's just become hypermasculine guys in general.
    Ohhhh.

I totally know that feeling. The kind that show with their body language they're all out to conquer?
    Yeah, it's just that my past response has always been to avoid trouble. Today, I'm just ready for confrontation.

Almost hoping, perhaps. :/
    Yeah, I take no shame in being a coward. I find 'not wanting to be hurt or hurt others' a perfectly valid reason reason to avoid a fight.

Hell, I'm much more of a coward than I was in my teenage years and I find that a good thing!
    I don't consider compassion cowardice. It's stayed my hand in the past, usually for the better. The issue is knowing when to let go, which I may be too eager to do lately.

The peaceful path is usually best. That's what I believe. But it seems some kind of internal reaction is increasingly rebelling against rationality.
    Well it's not just compassion but fear of harm and jail.

I agree with you in principle but explaining the morality of pacifism has made some people mark me a coward. If what they say is true cowardice is a virtue in my eyes.
  • If they call you a coward for being pacifistic then they're stupid. :|
    Heh. I feel fear. That's invariably my motivation.