If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2011-11-30 10:12:00

Yeah, those are pretty valid. Once you get to adulthood, relationships with one`s parents get pretty complicated. Even people in their forties have parental issues.

I guess it`s mostly because in my case, I tend to end up feeling like a lot of it was my fault.

• You can change. You can.
    I do think that I'm somewhat at fault (Otherwise, I wouldn't say I have "daddy issues" and just say that my dad sucks or something) but I don't think my father has done his best either. Or he has, but it's just not enough.

When it comes to my distance with my father, I very much see his point of view, but I'm not sure he sees mine.

puhretty much.

• edited 2011-11-30 11:02:23
    No rainbow star
    Juan: Your father is an Aspie?
    Apparently. We've both got diagnosed at the same time. 

He's functional, though.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Functional? Never heard Asperger's described as functional and non functional though (only as a form of high functioning Autism)
  • Different levels of complaining, I presume. Expressing frustration as you would with their behaviour is different than complaining about them as a person, I suppose.

Well, Asperger can be a crippling learning disability, depending on the case and the person.

But what I meant was that he is able to get over the social handicaps involved (Like clumsy body language and the like)
  • I was more referring to the typical teenager notion of "I hate my parents" vs. a teen complaining about a behavourial aspect, since the thread was still about that when I typed the post(slowpoke.jpg).

In other news, just found out my town's jazz week is the week before the frat's mid-year open week. Preparations for that will hopefully not limit the chance to go to some gigs.

• im a boit drunkl...

should I post lots and lots? :D
    @InsanityAddict: I was referring to Icalasari.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^ fuck yeah

party time at IJBM!
  • edited 2011-11-30 12:06:40
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^^
    Yes but only if you abide by the forum rules!
    :D
  • edited 2011-11-30 13:35:48

You know what's bullshit?!(TM)

Gmail's spam filter. Almost completely missed a very important email because of it. At least now I know how to de facto shut it off.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ I think that's the first time I've seen you use an exclamation mark.
  • Hmm...maybe. When you use passionate characters or words sparingly, it makes a bigger impact when they do show up.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Man, all this talk of beer and I'm fresh out. =/
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Man, all this talk of beer and I"m underage for another year and a half. =/
    Aren't you at a college? One you're going to be leaving anyways? 

Shouldn't be too tough.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Man, all this talk of beer and I'm underage for another three years.  =/
    Man, all this talk of beer and I've only got a miniscule amount of mead left. =/
    Jesus, it's like you kids never learned how to raid a liquor cabinet. 
  • All this talk of beer and I don't have any beer or money to buy any.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Honestly though, I'm not really a fan of any of the alcohol I've tried yet.
  • edited 2011-11-30 15:15:09
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^^ In Australia, booze raids you.

I'm almost entirely sure this is the case. Getting past 16 without having had a good drink up is a feat in this country.

^ Try mead.
  • edited 2011-11-30 15:15:59
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    They make Hard Lemonade for a reason~

See in the states giving children even small amounts of alcohol, like say a glass of wine with dinner, can be called child abuse.
    All this talk about beer and I got rum

hahahahahahahaha bitches
    and then juan was a captain jack sparrow
    Aren't you at a college? One you're going to be leaving anyways? 

Shouldn't be too tough.
    >implying I'm even remotely outgoing
    I don't think that matters much when it comes to acquiring and drinking booze.

I'm not even close to outgoing and I get booze. --shrug--
    You're underestimating what I mean by "not outgoing." :P