If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2011-11-27 19:49:20

If scepticism is the underlying philosophy of the show, then why do they fall for it every single time?

I guess it's a valid point (hell, philosophy has come up with crazier examples), but I think there are better examples you could use.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    It's fair enough; even when I was at the age where I would actually watch Scooby-Doo, I was annoyed at any real monsters there, more so than the fact that every episode is essentially the same.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Only Shaggy and Scooby always fall for it, and they're mocked for it.
  • edited 2011-11-27 19:52:32
    Admittedly, the show was so forgettable that it left plenty of memory gaps in my brain, but the one thing I remember (like a distorted TV set) is that "A man in a mask?" is constantly treated as a big deal.
    Nah, it's who the man in the mask is that is the big deal. They're always ready to take off the mask and say 'let's see who you really are!'
  • edited 2011-11-27 19:55:20

I see.

I never saw the appeal in the show. I sort of enjoyed the camp for one episode, except every episode seemed to be the same.

You should try Mysteries Inc. It follows the same formula but does a good job of finding new gimmicks and shaking it up. There's also a new character focus that I like.

Also, Daphne joins a Within Temptation-style band in one episode.
  • edited 2011-11-27 19:59:49
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I remember there was some goth band in one of the movies. I think it was the Hex Sisters. I also recall that movie being really freaky for a Scooby-Doo movie (it was the one with zombies and catpeople). But I doubt the band was like Within Temptation.

God, I'm such a nerd.
  • Gonna go see if my school has a counselor at lunch =/

No idea what I'd say. Eh, first I have to sort through the colossal fuck-up that is our English department's management of our speech assignments.

• a little muffled
    @Everest: Actually, the Hex Girls were in the movie with the witch. I know they showed up in one of the later versions of the show as well, and possibly in other movies, but I don't think they could've been in the zombie one because that one came before the witch one and in the witch one the gang hadn't heard of them.
    Riiiiiight. Thanks, Nyktos.
  • edited 2011-11-27 20:23:09
    I hate it when I end up liking something less because of the overzealous fans attached to it. I end up looking for things wrong with it just so I can counter their claims of supposed brilliance.
  • edited 2011-11-27 20:18:13
    a little muffled
    Just so people don't think I'm a massive Scooby-Doo nerd, the witch movie is actually the only one I remember well at all.

Though, admittedly, I was a massive Scooby-Doo nerd at one point in my life...
  • edited 2011-11-27 20:36:26
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Guh. I don't know when the teachers I've asked for recommendation letters will be done, but I need to start applying to colleges soon, dammit!
  • No rainbow star
    Cute: D: That sucks that she's abusive! *hugs*

On Scooby Due: I remember the zombie one! I think it was called (unimaginatively) Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
  • edited 2011-11-28 01:43:50
    They're somethin' else.
    Feel better, Cute.

I just watched Baccano! episode 12.

the "oh god i'm so fucking wet" face Nice makes is hilarious.

• Sleeping sucks.  I can't fall asleep because I'm not tired apparently but fuck that because I'm way too tired to be able to think right now and I have shit to do. :/

• My dog died  at midnight the night before. I played this when we buried her with some of her squeaky toys and flowers. She lived a good life of 13 years.

• You can change. You can.
    @DYRE: Drugs solve everything.

Or melatonin, at least. 
  • They're somethin' else.
    Feel better, Demon God.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ^^^ So sorry to hear that.

On a lighter note,today I learned that Franken Fran is shounen,while Crayon Shin Chan is seinen. Japanese demographics make no sense most of the time.

Also I want to read a josei manga just to see how they are
  • You can change. You can.
    Shin Chan has crass humor that kids can't see or understand, Franken Fran speaks in a language everyoone understands

The language of moe.
  • edited 2011-11-28 10:40:01
    Feel The Wrath....
    ^ Only the Dub, Shin Chan Has crass humor like that.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Nah, Franken Fran speaks in the language of body deformations.

But I guess that is moe for some too.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    The Adult Swim dub has that. The original is practically a kid's show.

THOUGH I'm talking about the anime here. Maybe the manga,which is the one with the seinen demographic, has a different tone
  • edited 2011-11-28 18:47:35
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Guys who live outside of the UK and in the US:

Edit: Huh, never knew Hulu was US only.
    Finally gonna be able to get something done today, and it's only . . . 6:30. This new practice schedule is killing me.

At least practice wasn't too tiring today.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Thanks for ignoring that Hulu is US only >:|
  • U GUISE I TURNED 19 LIKE SIX MINUETS AGO!