If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2012-06-27 13:52:29
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

In other news, Valve is releasing the tech they use to make high-quality animated movies in the Source engine.

That's...that's pretty huge. I'd sign up for the beta, but it's limited, and I don't see myself doing much with it right this instant, so I'll wait.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-27 14:06:45

Interesting choice of music, though. Some people believe Valve chose "Do You Believe in Magic" because the first verse said "Do you believe in magic, in a young girl's heart," which supposedly hints at his/her/its gender. I don't really buy it, but then again, it's Valve.

^That sounds wonderful.

• edited 2012-06-27 14:26:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

whoops wrong thread

• edited 2012-06-27 14:21:21
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Um...wrong thread?

• edited 2012-06-27 14:26:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Shit, i thought this was IJBMer updates.

Edit: it's a game anyway, and there are a lot of videos too

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-27 14:47:45

Apparently, Square-Enix wants to outsource triple-A projects from now on.

Insert Call of Duty/Assassin's Creed joke here.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Considering the success of DX3, this might be a good idea.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Just watched Meet The Pyro.

That was amazing.

• I'm starting a new playthrough of Dark Souls, using this build+restrictions.  Because Castlevania.  No doubt it'll be harder than the two normal playthroughs I've done so far, but it should be totally doable, so... I guess I'll see how it goes.  Currently made it past the Taurus Demon, but of course that's not much of an accomplishment, especially since I just spammed firebombs.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Looks difficult, but not impossible. Good that they let you have estus.

• Estus doesn't make it any easier anyway after you get to the Depths, since humanities are still allowed and you could grind for those, but of course that's really boring and I probably won't do that unless I absolutely need to.

Why would you do the Depths if you have the Master Key?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I...haven't yet fully digested Meet the Pyro.

That...is awesome.

That...is awesome.

• Why would you do the Depths if you have the Master Key?

To get the Large Ember.  By the end of the game I'll apparently be using Divine weapons anyway, but I'll probably want more than a +5 whip to do Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo, and the Painted World.  Also for humanity grinding since it's the best place for it.  The only moderately difficult part is that you have to fight the Capra Demon to get there, but I'm going to have to fight harder bosses anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Remember to kill Lautrec first.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It's...actually the one I was referring to when I said it's the useful one >.>

Any enemy you can hit with a strong attack goes down in about a quarter of the time if you Igni them first and have the upgrades that make burning enemies take extra damage from strong attacks. I've never really been in a situation where I really needed the other ones.

In the second game, there's no upgrade that deals extra damage against immolated adversaries, and sword damage far outstrips the damage you can cause with Signs. Given that the game is now true real-time, the other abilities are much better because they all, somehow, manipulate yourself or your adversaries to a significant degree. 

A lot of battles in the first game are a cakewalk if you prepare properly and know what you're dealing with. The second is much more difficult when it comes to combat, at least towards the beginning, so you'll find yourself using lots of secondary abilities to help you out. Your swords are less for forcing an opening (like your Signs and secondary items are) and more for delivering high amounts of damage in short time. 

• Remember to kill Lautrec first.

Already done, actually.

There's no point in waiting to kill him, since I'm not even allowed to equip his armor anyway...

More firebomb spamming and I beat the gargoyles.  I promise I will actually hit a boss with my whip at some point in this game.

IJBM: That feel when you're reading people talking about the details of a videogame and you have no idea what they're talking about.

Not faulting you for doing it.  This happens all the time anyway.  It's just a certain funny feeling that comes from experiencing this.

In the second game, there's no upgrade that deals extra damage against immolated adversaries, and sword damage far outstrips the damage you can cause with Signs. Given that the game is now true real-time, the other abilities are much better because they all, somehow, manipulate yourself or your adversaries to a significant degree

Sounds like the combat system as a whole is better.

^That's actually how I wind up getting a lot of games.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The combat has some technical issues, but it's well-designed. 

• edited 2012-06-27 23:54:53
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Once again, I find myself utterly unable to get any significant momentum going in the main story of an Assassin's Creed game.

I keep getting sidetracked by random stuff like renovating the city and training my army of assassin babes and burning down Borgia towers and hunting down The Truth and parkouring the hell out of some rooftops and picking fights with random guards for no reason.

Sounds like you want a sandbox game.

In other news, I have an evening.  Should I play some TF2?

• edited 2012-06-28 00:17:42
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Assassin's Creed is a sandbox game. That's why it's so distracting.
  • Kichigai birthday!!

I'm not the only one seeing this, right? (I'm not, people have been talking about it on /v/)

• ^Welp, that actually looks deliberate. Knowing Valve, they're just messing with us.

Meet the Pyro, while the weirdest Meet the Team video by far, isn't the best in my opinion.  The best is still Meet the Medic.