If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• You can change. You can.

I'm not the only one seeing this, right? (I'm not, people have been talking about it on /v/)

i don't get what it is at all

• A venus symbol (aka. female symbol) in the background.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Why is Metroid Prime 2's final boss so hard compared to tbe first one? And I haven't even got to Dark Samus yet ;_;
  • But you never had any to begin with.

6:00 PM has come and gone, and still no Summer Sale. Valve is mocking us. :<

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Bear in mind that where Valve is, it's not even noon yet.

• edited 2012-06-28 12:59:46
    But you never had any to begin with.

The store rolls over at 6:00PM GMT every day.

Oh. Well, no idea then.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I thought it rolled over at 10 AM.  I've seen daily deals and stuff end at 10 AM Pacific Time (i.e. Valve ti--

...wait, they're on Valve Time.  Which lags behind their local time.  It makes sense now.

• edited 2012-06-28 13:07:04
    But you never had any to begin with.

10:00 AM PST is 6:00 PM GMT. :P

Watching the Sonic 2006 Let's Play. Again.

This game is excellent, but for none of the reasons the developers wanted it to be.

• I want to say it will happen in a week to line up with the TF2 update that is happening on July 5.

@Saigyouji: Oh, I missed your edit I think.  Didn't know you meant GMT.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

So, I'll be getting Devil Survivor: Overclocked in the mail in a few days. For someone who hasn't played the original, what should I expect?

Okay, there's a difficulty selection at the start of Overclocked. Pick the easier one; the only difference is experience, which wasn't balanced at all in the original, forcing lots and lots of grinding.

• We should play a TF2 match where everyone is wearing those Pyrovision Goggles. It would be completely hilarious.

Unfortunately it slightly lags my TF2.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Okay, so since Crimson is a total bro, I am now a proud owner of Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

Going in pretty much completely blind, though. All I really know about the setting is that there's space marines, cockney orks, and something about Chaos? Also heresy. Should I know this stuff I should know beforehand, or does it explain some of that stuff for newcomers?
  • edited 2012-06-28 17:48:53
    You can change. You can.

Bluh i keep thinking this is updates

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^You got the gist of it, all the games keep things pretty simple for newcomers.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

You should be able to pick up most of it. But here's some stuff, anyway:

28,000 years into the future from our time, the Emperor of mankind has waged a crusade amongst the stars to secure the galaxy for human colonisation. To do this, he created twenty Primarchs -- elite warriors grown from his own genetic tissue. These Primarchs were scattered across the galaxy by some mistake of fate, and the Emperor sought them out, bringing them back into the fold of the Imperium. Each one had gained valuable experience living and surviving alone.

In turn, these Primarchs provided the genetic tissue for the Space Marines; genetically enhanced, neutered warrior monks equally adept with sword or gun, wearing armour equivalent to a tank. These were and are the Imperium's finest warriors. Horus, the most powerful and most favoured Primarch, was not trustworthy. He convinced some of the other Primarchs against the Emperor, and thus the Horus Heresy began. Horus and his allied Primarchs used the powers and gifts of the Chaos Gods to empower themselves, thus creating the Chaos Space Marines.

Eventually, the Emperor confronted Horus in single combat. Horus was slain, but the Emperor was mortally wounded. The Emperor's last order was to be seated and contained within the Golden Throne, providing life support and perhaps other abilities. It's thought that the Emperor lives on, providing psychic beacons for space travel and opposing the will of the Chaos Gods, but no-one knows for sure. 

The video game (and all the tabletop games) take place 10,000 years after all of this. Since the Emperor's death, technology has halted in progression, or even regressed in some cases. Artefacts of the Horus Heresy are highly sought after for both their value and, in the case of weapons, their superiority. Many technologies have been lost, and those that haven't are not longer understood by the technicians that produce them. Deviating from the blueprints even slightly is often considered a cardinal sin. This is a setting where the common folk are oppressed, and it's said that it might be for their own good. That might be correct. Those with privilege are either neutered genetic constructs, Inquisitors whose duty it is to battle Chaos and all kinds of aliens, and other people with hazardous, almost sacrificial tasks. 

Holding the line are the Imperial Guard. Unlike the Space Marines, they are unaltered human beings, and they make the bulk of the Imperium's forces. Regular men and women do battle every day against the forces of Chaos, Orks, Tyranids and everything else the dark places of the galaxy have to offer. Where Space Marines are often inserted into hostile areas in small numbers to accomplish high-priority tasks, the Imperial Guard construct trenches, establish battle lines and trade stories about girls they used to know before the end. 

The Adeptus Mechanicus are the keepers of Forge Worlds, planets dedicated entirely to war industry. They construct and maintain weapons, armour, standard deployment vehicles and the monstrous Titan walkers. A Titan is the most powerful singular unit at the Imperium's disposal; crewed by dozens or hundreds, it can level armies or even cities in a heartbeat. Those who have the honour of tending to machines of war are called Tech Priests, and they slowly replace their biological components with machines until only a sliver of their original body remains. As they maintain the Imperium's technology, they mark it with holy oils, say prayers and sing hymns. 

In short? Warhammer 40k is kind of like the European Renaissance with high technology IN SPACE! And a shitload of religion and stuff. It's pretty cool, but also pretty tongue in cheek. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Got it.

Thanks.
  • They're somethin' else.

Playing Mega Man X4, and the voice acting gets worse and worse each time I start a new game.

@Juan: You're not the only one.

@Schitzo: Time to get serious!

Starting Space Marine.
  • They're somethin' else.

*surfer voice: HITS NAWT OVER YE-ET!!

• You can change. You can.

?

IJBM: When you have to exit back to the main menu of a game to mess with the controls.

fucking hate bomb squigs

Played up to the end of the train level, then went a few rounds in multiplayer.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Oh, you bought some WH40K videogame stuff (on Steam presumably).  I was wondering why you were talking about this in the video games thread while AFAIK WH40K is a tabletop game.