If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2012-07-01 10:20:35
    Kichigai birthday!!

^^^^^

Wasn't he fully controlled by Majora's Mask?

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Also if anyone happens to care, my Xbox gamertag is Doom Hippo (yes, properly punctuated and spaced and everything. I'm inoordinately proud of that).

I don't play too many social games, and am kind of shy about multiplayer in general, but I might be up for a Reach match at some point or something (though be aware I suck at absolutely every video game that's not a rail shooter). 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> punctuated

You mean capitalized. :P

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

No, I mean there's no underscore, dash, etc. between the words.

Though you're right, it is also capitalized correctly. 

• Definitely not gay.

Wasn't he fully controlled by Majora's Mask?

What do you mean "fully" controlled?

It's undeniable that he was being controlled by Majora's Mask, but I always saw it as more Reaper indoctrination-ish control.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, I think how someone behaves under Majora's Mask's control is the worst possible way their personality could conceivably allow for.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ I always liked that interpretation a lot more than the one that says the mask was straight up controlling him. Just takes his loneliness and bitterness and anger at the world and ramps them way the hell up, while at the same time giving him phenomenal cosmic power.

Also, if he were directly controlled by the mask, the game would have been much shorter, since he'd just murder you right at the start.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That too.
  • I just discovered this.

My favorite is probably "Kaiden accidentally says something interesting."

I like
    The crew are concerned when Shepard alternately rescues and endangers a child "to max everything out". Nobody will publish Wrex's poetry.
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Mine has to be. 

Thane is burned by an "Asari brides" scam. Miranda's father tracks her down to confess that she was engineered mostly from wasps.

cole phelps is an ornery son of a bitch

Sorry I disappeared after I said I'd play Crimson, I got called away by my family.

I'm 6 hours into Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It is still tutorialing.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so blatant about it.

Though it's a good game. Otherwise I wouldn't be six hours in.

The 100% synch challenges annoyed me. Mostly because they usually required replaying the level like 14 times to work out the best route.
  • They're somethin' else.

I'm surprised the online services for Demon's Souls is still up and running. Wish I still knew someone who had a copy so I can Co-op with them.

I've been getting most of them. A few are just bullshit though.
    The timed ones are the ones I hated the most. Because fuck speed runs.

Seriously, fuck speed runs.
    Those aren't as bad as the stealth ones. I can generally get them on the second try, at least.
  • I really wish there were more good turn-based RPGs these days. :/

I've never liked pure turn-based. Not enough depth for the most part.
  • edited 2012-07-02 01:52:37
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Games like FFTA do turn-based really well.

Or Disgaea.

Turn-based strategy games.

I was assuming he meant pure turn-based. If strategy counts, there's Devil Survivor.
  • edited 2012-07-02 01:57:16

^^ Well, sure, but those are strategy RPGs.

I just want a game that plays like Final Fantasy IV-IX. The ATB system is probably my favorite RPG battle system ever.

Also, SMT is right out. Final Fantasy IV was just about as hard as I like, and SMT games tend to take the difficulty way beyond that. That's why I'm glad they lowered the difficulty for Etrian Odyssey III.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I don't think they are any less turn-based because they are strategy games.

• edited 2012-07-02 01:59:16
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    It dies manage to have a feeling of urgency, but it still has pretty much no depth.

Devil Survivor isn't hard. Not even a little.
  • I generally don't like too much depth in RPG games.

Xenoblade Chronicles was an awesome game, but in battle I sometimes felt too much like "what the fuck am I doing?"

Depth =/= complexity.
  • ... I don't follow.