If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

IJBM: Some of the later levels in Quantum Conundrum stop being puzzles and start being pure execution challenges.

• edited 2012-06-23 16:14:22
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Finished Quantum Conundrum.

The ending was...disappointing. There's a twist that's visible a mile away, but it seems like some really cool stuff will happen afterwards, but then it just ends just as it seems like something awesome is about to happen. Apparently there are DLC packs coming out, so maybe the ending will be in those, but I don't intend to buy them.

I've been working on finishing all the games I need to finish. Just finished Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

• edited 2012-06-24 14:52:50

Yeah, yeah, quadruple posting, but I have stuff to say dammit >:-|

EA is convinced that Origin is the Facebook to Steam's Myspace, and that they'll be able to get all of their future releases to Metacritic at 90+.

They seem to not realize that thousands of people are probably going to uninstall Origin this week.

Also, they refer to the service as a mousetrap, which is an excellent analogy, but they don't seem to understand that that isn't a good thing.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I can see the mass metacritic bomb already.

• Maybe I'll take that Facebook/Myspace analogy seriously if a shitty mp3 starts playing every time I look at something on Steam.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Steam autoloading (and autoplaying) videos is kinda like that, though it usually does it without sound by default.

• You can change. You can.

Still not as annoying as entering, say, Haven's blog and hearing "Hmm watcha say" playing at the top of its proverbial lungs

Beats making you exit a popup ad every time you launch it like Origin does.

popups?

what is this, 2008

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Oh son of a bitch.  I started a Maniac run in Persona 3 Portable, but I was still doing a normal run too, and I accidentally saved on top of that file!  And I was almost to the end of the game.  All my powerful Personas, gone!  Urrrrggghhh, aren't there supposed to be safeguards against accidental overwriting of savefiles?  Not even a warning either!

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Megaten games: Keeping you on your toes at all times, even on a meta-level.

There's seriously no warning though?

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Nope.  Just the standard, "Do you want to overwrite the file?" question that occurs, even when saving over your own game.  Not even a "You're saving over a different file, are you sure you want to overwrite it?"  Odd cause, I could swear P4 had something like that.

• I really don't think I ever remember any game having a message like that.

Then again, it's not all that often that the situation would come up, so it's very possible that I just didn't notice.

• I don't think I've ever seen anything like that either.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Same.

Every game I've played does that .___.

• Every game I've ever played has the "are you sure you want to overwrite this," but I don't think I've ever seen one say "you're saving over a different file". I'm not sure how you would even track that. The closest I can think of is Mass Effect having save files for different "careers" separated, which prevents the problem from coming up in the first place.

• edited 2012-06-25 18:02:32

I see it a lot.

The thing is, most people don't see them because they only come up if you restart the game and overwrite your old file.

I'm not sure how you would even track that.

In Pokemon they do it by your randomly-generated trainer ID. It's also how they check if a Pokemon was originally yours.

Every game I've ever played has the "are you sure you want to overwrite this," but I don't think I've ever seen one say "you're saving over a different file"

I don't think he was being literal.

• but I don't think I've ever seen one say "you're saving over a different file"

Gen I Pokémon had that, which is weird because if you're playing a different file, chances are you do want to overwrite the old one.

• edited 2012-06-25 20:29:27
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    i am renovating the shit out of rome

bitches don't even know about all my additional florins
  • What a bizarre thing to say. I mean, the premise is obviously questionable--not just that FFVII is the best, but that it's even possible to "exceed" it in some absolute sense. But if you accept that as true, why would you only rerelease it when that happens? Wouldn't that be when it's least relevant, and when people are least interested in it?

I guess in a less literal sense it can be taken as a goal for them to strive towards, but...I dunno.

• ^^They're probably talking about review scores.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

review scores

XIII-2 got 40/40 from Famitsu if I remember correctly.

XIII-2!

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Hasn't Famitsu become infamous for inflated review scores?

• But you never had any to begin with.

A lot of people I've seen have said that XIII-2 is far better than XIII. I haven't played either, so *shrug*

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It really kinda is.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, at the very least they want to make sure the story is scripted better and the graphics look nicer.