If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

(Also, according to a walkthrough, apparently Jack shows up as an indoctrinated enemy if you didn't do the Grissom Academy mission? Considering everything about her, that's pretty depressing.)

yes

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Someone gag Vanille so I don't have to hear her pretentious fucking narration.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^ you're bringing this on yourself

Hardened criminals don't deserve Vanille's inner fucking monologue.

then

stop playing

• You can change. You can.

No

suffer

for our sins

redeem us with your playing malk

• edited 2012-06-23 00:00:59
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^'m on disc three. I tormented myself this far and damned if I'm giving up on this trainwreck till I see every car burn.

^I see my status as forum Jesus remains intact.

• edited 2012-06-23 00:01:41
    smote
    That was the best renegade interrupt in the entire game.

Hell, yes. The fact that she got to break his weapon in half with her bare hands before gutting him only cements him as the Eridan to my Kanaya.

And adding extra scenes throughout is what it sounds like they're doing. I mean, I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to just start on Earth or even from a save at the end of the mission if that wasn't the case. Anyway, I'm -EXCIT-ED.

No lie, when i did it the first time, i reloaded a save to just before the fight so i could do it again.

And that's what it sounds like they're doing. I'm -EXCIT-ED.

Me too.  I'm really interested to see what they do.

I see my status as forum Jesus remains intact.

it's the hair

• Thats For Feferi You Son Of A Bitch

yes

• I'm a damn twisted person
    You're not forum Jesus. You're forum Optimus Prime.

On one hand the ME3 dlc sounds promising. On the other hand it means slogging through the game and seeing the Geth get detailed for bullshit "do robots have a soul" plot.
  • edited 2012-06-23 00:16:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

On the other hand it means slogging through the game

Did you delete your save? If you didn't, you don't have to.

seeing the Geth get detailed for bullshit "do robots have a soul" plot.

I loved that plot, though it was a tad predictable. Might be that I saw the question less as "are they sentient" and more "will those other guys realize they're sentient in time for everyone to not kill each other."

• edited 2012-06-23 00:16:52
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^ the fuck is wrong with you, the rannoch stuff was awesome

Legion, man.

Legion.

• edited 2012-06-23 00:15:03

I still have extremely mixed feelings about the way this DLC came to be, even if I do think the ME ending was bullshit.

I just hope it has a similar level of finality.

Ooh, ooh, I think I get to go to Final Fantasy Australia now.

Also, while most of the characters are dipshits... Fang. Damn.... dat accent.

^Yeah, that was the highlight of the game to me. 'Does this unit... have a soul?'

It was predictable, but I loved the Data episodes of Star Trek so...

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Having trouble deciding where to put the spoiler warning for Human Revolution. Any advice, other people who've played it?

• edited 2012-06-23 00:26:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Spoiler:
    The highlight of the game for me was probably Mordin's whole death scene.  I'd honestly go so far as to say that it's one of my favorite death scenes in anything.

i cried actual tears.

he didn't even get to finish his song

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I've never been able to decide between that and Rannoch.

I guess since I had Not-Mordin it wasn't as impactful for me.

Also, Hope's Eidolon get. Nowhere near as cool as Fang's though.

• edited 2012-06-23 00:33:58

Spoiler:
    Rannoch is definitely up there, but with all the "Would have liked to run tests on the seashells" and "Someone else might have gotten it wrong" and him singing Gilbert and Sullivan while his voice is shaking and everything around him is blowing the fuck up around him, and then he dies midsentence, and then you get Vigil's theme while the cure is distributed...

It's just so perfect.

I guess since I had Not-Mordin it wasn't as impactful for me.

That would probably put a damper on it a bit, I suppose.

• edited 2012-06-23 00:30:47
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Might want to spoilertag that.

But yeah, it was awesomely executed.

• edited 2012-06-23 00:40:22
    smote

Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I know it was cheesy, but the later "Do I have a soul?" thing was the bit that got me. 

Whoo an actual overworld instead of fucking corridors!

• You can change. You can.

is it everything you've ever dreamed of

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The slightly tragic thing here is that, at least in my experience, the Mass Effect combat gameplay actually works better in more open environments than corridors (be they literal or imposed via clever design). I suppose the intent is to allow for easier sweeps and to prevent the player from being blindsided, but Mass Effect 3 is easy enough most of the time that some extra tactical difficulty wouldn't have gone astray. That said, BioWare aren't well-known for their combat design, and it's amazing they did this well considering their lack of experience outside of swords-and-sorcery semi real-time titles. 

(Star Wars counts as swords and sorcery. So does mystical Chinese fantasy.)

I was talking about FFXIII, silly. =P 

Not that I think you're wrong, but I finally got to a point with an overworld...

which led to a dungeon that almost all corridors.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Also, while most of the characters are dipshits... Fang. Damn.... dat accent.

fang is the easiest character for me to understand, no lie. The other characters have accents so I have to concentrate to understand them.

Also, FFXIII-2 is so much less linear than the first game. I mean, there was an entire area which was open! Open I almost forgot what that was like. And then I got to another open area, what

And I get to battle next to monsters! Take that, Pulsework Soldier, you are now mine

• edited 2012-06-23 02:58:27

Ninja Gaiden 3 is bullshit. If you go to the Middle East with Ryu, you should be fighting djinni or water sprites. Not goddamn terrorists.

Also, silly Nova. You're the one who talks funny.

In any case I find that kind of funny since I've heard Vanille's VA actually is Australian and Fang's isn't.