If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-17 17:38:20

Swatted Morph Moth and beat Agile. I need a better way of updating my progress than spamming this thread. :(

• Wire Sponge Cucumber Plant is done for.

Asides from Violen, this was much easier to do this challenge than X1.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    If nobody else has posted could you just edit your last post to keep the thread from bumping all the time?

Remember when I went off about how violence in video games a while ago? Well so far the plethora of puzzle games for the iPhone has pleasantly surprised me.
  • I'd take the iPhone a lot more seriously as a gaming platform if it had freakin' BUTTONS.

• Alright then. I'll keep that in mind for future challenges.
    For stuff that uses the touch screen well the buttons don't matter. Plague inc, Where's My Water and World of Goo come to mind. And gloriously stupidly fun Fruit Ninja.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yes, but it means that only that sort of game can exist on it.
    True but the interface isn't what I'm excited over right now. It's taking a break from the "go places kill dudes, rinse and repeat" set of objectives.

That's always good, yeah.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

can now use the Water Job 'Berserker'. Haha'

-_- I knew this was coming sooner or later.  I pray that this is the only one I'll get.

• So apparently Feminist Frequency is doing a series on video games. What is it about people having an opinion like that which automatically causes a bunch of whiny entitled gits to respond in the same barely coherent manner as Tommy Wiseau insisting he did not hit her?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I think there's no question that the gaming industry is significantly sexist. That said, I've also heard the project leader is a bit of a troll. I don't have any issue with the concept of it -- the idea of a woman-powered study of sexism in gaming is a great idea -- but perhaps it ought to have had a better representative.

Not that the outcry is justified. I'll be ignoring the project in any case, because sexism in gaming is so glaringly obvious that I have no use for an explanation of it. 

I think their heart is in the right place, but I watched part of one of the Tropes Vs. Women videos and it seems like they've fallen into the TV Tropes trap of thinking that making lists and actually analyzing stuff are the same thing.

• edited 2012-06-17 19:34:43

"That said, I've also heard the project leader is a bit of a troll. I don't have any issue with the concept of it -- the idea of a woman-powered study of sexism in gaming is a great idea -- but perhaps it ought to have had a better representative."

Where did you hear the former? Because a lot of those accusations are from the aforementioned idiots and Anita Sarkeesian is a well-established YouTube personality. And I strongly disagree with the notion of "better representative". One of the things that makes the gaming community so horrible is that it refuses to acknowledge outsider opinions, leading to idiots like Aris Bakhtanians and his sheltered bile. It certainly isn't obvious to many gamers.

"I think their heart is in the right place, but I watched part of one of the Tropes Vs. Women videos and it seems like they've fallen into the TV Tropes trap of thinking that making lists and actually analyzing stuff are the same thing."

I did think the LEGO one was pretty insightful since it gave a pretty good history of how the gender segregation came to be. It could end up being overly superficial, but I think if it does consider history, it's on the right track.

Huh. I'll watch that one at some point, maybe.

• edited 2012-06-17 22:01:05
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Fifth guy has been assassinated.

And the sixth asshole has taken a hidden blade to the neck.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

So as repetitive as the gameplay in Assassin's Creed 1 really is, the story is really keeping me interested enough to keep going without getting bored.

The conspiracy stuff is neat, Altair is growing on me, and the fact that this piece of eden thingy in the 1100s looks science-y intrigues me.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'm about eleven hours into FFXIII and lacking a clear villain.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The seventh man, the book burning asshole, is down.

Really the guy who took a government seat and just started killing folks for fun pissed me off the most. The rest of the templars at least had reasons for what they did that they thought would benefit people? That guy just got off on murder.

He was pretty bad.

The one that pissed me off the most was the one dude who was doing those horrible experiments on people. The "break both his legs" guy.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Aw, he was the one that took me the longest to kill, too. I kept trying to chase him down but all those inmates kept crashing into me.

• I decided to replay Mega Man 9 earlier today.

It's a great game, but some of the weapons just seem way too powerful. The Laser Trident pierces armor, the Jewel Satellite is probably the best shield weapon in the series, and the Black Hole Bomb eats fucking everything.

• edited 2012-06-17 23:36:59
    There is love everywhere, I already know

So apparently Bravely Default Flying Fairy (This year's Square Enix game that's not Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts) will have a leveling system and a class system for both you and your enemies. That sounds really cool...

^^^ Yeah, those guys are obnoxious. Almost as bad as the beggar ladies.

Not gonna lie, I usually knife them.
  • Bravely Default?

That's supposed to be a throwback to the old-school Final Fantasy games in the vein of Final Fantasy: the 4 Heroes of Light, I hear.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

It is. It's probably gonna be awesome... at least the gameplay. Square Enix games are really random when it comes to story...

fuck these docks

• edited 2012-06-18 00:31:22
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Number eight hath shuffled off his mortal coil.

• They're somethin' else.

I've never, ever been able to get the Shoryuken upgrade in Mega Man X2.