If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2012-06-19 22:44:38

> Okami HD is PSN exclusive

GODDAMMIT!

• edited 2012-06-19 22:44:47
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^^^Why? I mean, if you asked me to make a list of games that wouldn't benefit from improved graphical power, Okami would be right at the top.

^^Really? Because the Truth made the metaplot seem kinda silly to me.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    To each their own, I guess.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well...most of it was pretty awesome. But the Adam and Eve bit...eh.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I was mostly referring to the other stuff.

I don't have much of an opinion on the Adam and Eve yet. I'm waiting to see how it plays out.

Fair enough.

Have you finished the actual game?

Nope.

I'm on sequence... 10 I think? The last main story thing I did was assassinate the guy at the carnival.
  • Definitely not gay.

You should really bulk up, Volvagia.

• edited 2012-06-20 02:29:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Just bought Lone Survivor because Extra Credits reminded me that I was meaning to.

It's 2:30 AM...I'll just play the first bit.

• Definitely not gay.

Ugh, you're a FIRE DRAGON

not a candidate for Hyrule's Next Top Model

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I want to play Recettear but I want to log Steam hours while playing it and to do that I need to be connected to the internet which means I need to play it before midnight, and to really enjoy it I need to be able to sit down with it for a while without much interruption which means I can't do it in the evening or near dinnertime.

Lone Survivor is really good so far.

• Silence is golden.

Can't wait for the alpha : D.

So, MGS 5 is on the way, and Kojima had this to say:

I loved the idea of the social interactions in Deus Ex: Human Revolution that we've seen.

I have two reactions to that:

1. It's about time someone else made a game with that system. Seriously, the arguments in HR are one of the best new mechanics in gaming in the last five years or so.

2. Does this mean the cutscenes in MGS might actually start involving the player, thus fixing one of the series' biggest flaws? Hell yes.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Or perhaps not, given that the biggest issue with those scenes isn't character interaction, but exposition. 

True. But using the HR dialogue system in the scenes might actually force him to rein in that tendency, as well as preventing him from taking control away from the player for an hour.

• edited 2012-06-20 18:15:42
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Also true, so I guess we'll see what happens. In any case, MGS is one of those series where the writing is actually really, really good when it hits its stride. 

The issue is just that the writing is terrible when it doesn't. It's a whole lot of genius that's delivered badly about half the time. 

^ No idea, but I think it's a fantastic concept. 

I'd say that Kojima is a great writer on a macro scale, but much more hit and miss on a micro scale.

Sequence ten complete.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

sweet

• edited 2012-06-20 19:14:14
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    so, the vault then

that sounds

ominous
  • Kichigai birthday!!

Now for the last ten keys in Metroid Prime 2. I already got two! And damn, those clues are way more cryptic than in Prime.

Also it feels pretty good being able to walk around Dark Aether without getting hurt.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The more ominous it sounds, the easier the boss fight will be.

Like this series really had anything like a hard boss battle to start with

amirite

So, EA sent me a thing saying that for Origin's anniversary, I can get a free game! Awesome...now what are the options...

Dragon Age: Origins, Spore and Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

So...a game I have, a game I wish I didn't have and a game I don't want. Lovely.

get dragon age!

It's the thought that counts?
  • You can change. You can.

I think Kojima's just like every "nerd favourite" writer. He's really good at some things and those are the ones that earn him the accolades. But he's mediocre or incredibly bad at the rest. It's just that people are more than willing to forgive overlong exposition because his gameplay design's actually not that bad (At least, I found MGS 3 and 4 rather addicting)