If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^That's probably a sign that I should sleep, but I wasn't planning on going to bed before making progress writing my initial review stuff.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

She does but so far as I've seen it's not really explored in a proper character manner. It's just a reason for her to be the jaded commando.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

none of the characters are really explored on-screen

it's left for you to come up with reasons for it

which is not the best way to cover anything, but there it is

• edited 2012-06-16 00:47:21
    There is love everywhere, I already know

and those womens

>Nobody else noticed that Snow and Sazh were in that game

2D Final Fantasy battles looked awful

That's true, look at stuff like Riviera/Golden Sun which were also on the GBA and those were freaking amazing. Even the FFT series almost lego people pale to stuff like Disgaea and Phantom Brave (And don't say it's because of console differences, even Fire Emblem managed to create an endearing overworld style for the GBA games)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

OHMYGOD.

How did I fail to put FFTA on my list of non-crappy Square-Enix games?

Anyway, sidenote that just occurred to me: is Team Plasma based on PETA?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-16 00:52:19

>Golden Sun

ZOMG! STATEMENT THAT QUESTIONS YOUR TASTE AND IS INSULTING TO BOOT!

Nah, I'm not like that.  I kind of don't like belittling people over taste in games for the most part.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

>Nobody else noticed that Snow and Sazh were in that game

>Hope exists

As I've said on my tumblr, Snow is like the epitome of a bad Superman story and Sazh is the best of the characters but that puts him in an uncanny valley area.

Also he's black so fangirls won't flock to him.

Too soon?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-16 00:53:50

Random thought: Not a fan of bosses that force you to wait to hit them again. Like Wheel Gator.

• edited 2012-06-16 00:56:38

>Hope exists

>14 and emotional baggage

^ That's basically every boss in the new Kingdom Hearts games.

^^ Fangirls have no idea what's attractive.

still a dude

• There is love everywhere, I already know

still statutory rape in a year

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-16 00:59:54

Related thought: I also realized that I tend to like boss battles. Perhaps that's why I enjoy Mega Man games and Shadow of the Colossus (Which one of my darkest secrets is that I've never beaten it.)

only relevant if i was talking about fuckin' them

what the hell would i be doing obsessing over a fourteen year old anyway

i don't know

but if you object to me obsessing about the women and pull out the men, pull out all of them

but you get pandered to while we get leftovers

gotta love mr. toriyama's work

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Sonic Ostreague / Overdrive Ostrich has incredible boss intro sequence.  Dat rocket.  Dat distant presence.  Dat jump.

And I think FFTA's battle animations look pretty nice and quick.

hey, plenty of people like angsty teenagers

that's like, why vampires exist

and sasuke

• On Overdrive Ostrich: Yeah. Too bad the build-up is ruined due to how predictable and easy he is. :/ I'm honestly not worried about fighting him with only the Buster. Hell, he's going to be the first one I take on.

I will say, all the characters, even Hope and Vanille, look full-bodied to me so arguments about age-of-consent seem irrelevant with fictional characters.

• edited 2012-06-16 01:10:33

The Battle animations are pretty, but the sprites are still aren't fun to look at.

^Vanille is 19

that's like, why vampires exist

and sasuke

i thought sasuke was a weird japanese family honor thing

sasuke is emo

he spends all his time brooding

all his time

i don't think he has enough emotional range for that

he does

it's all he does

seriously

• You can change. You can.

interesting fact: brooding is a surefire way of attracting the ladies in desperate need for meeting a "deep man" who makes them go "deep, man"

• So, Glenn, you wanna try the same challenges I'm doing for the X games (No Upgrades/HeartTanks/SubTanks/Buster Only)?

For X2, you need to do this for the X-Hunters as well. Yes, even Violen. >:|

• edited 2012-06-16 01:44:33
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, Dead Space is getting cancelled after 3.

Well, unless their efforts to "broaden the audience" fail to triple its sales.

• edited 2012-06-16 01:59:15

I must be missing something, because besides summons and some bosses' special attacks, I don't remember substantial differences in battle speed in pre-XI Final Fantasies other than the original FFI-III being slower and FFX faster.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

OH GAWD SERGES AND VIOLEN

I fucking hate them.

I am going to have to have to first try beating the game without savestates...

Also, it is apparently possible to get the buster upgrade (in Wheel Gator's stage) without the leg upgrade.

Also, that's a cucumber, not a sponge.