If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Killed the fourth guy.

only five more to go

yay

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

God people play FFXIII and enjoy it. This game is dull as shit.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Are you sure? I haven't heard about that happening.

Unless you count the people who say it gets really good after you've spent a full twenty-four hours playing, and I don't think that counts as having fun.

I know there's intertubes opinion, but this game sold really well in eye are elle and then people bought its sequel.

Well, that's...pretty much the pattern with Square Enix games, so...:/

Seriously, as far as I know, they've only put out one really good game, and maybe two or three decent ones.

• I actually don't ever recall hearing anyone say they don't like Final Fantasy XIII, other than complaints about its linearity.

• edited 2012-06-15 23:58:15
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Really? All I've heard is that it isn't interactive and that the plot is only passable once you play through the first twenty hours and read all the attached text segments.

• You can change. You can.

I'd argue that a lot of those sales are of the blind type, but it barely matters because the game still was a success

It's a lot more tolerable if you pretend all the female characters are going to make out with each other.

also if you have a hefty bit of rum on hand.

I'll still just stick to TWEWY ass far as Square-Enix games go.

From what I've seen Square is at its best when it doesn't have a budget.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I enjoyed FFXIII, the gameplay was kind of limited but it was strategic (Well, after you played for twenty-four hours and everything was unlocked) but the plot kinda got ruined by XIII-2's retconning. XIII-2's battle system took the limited but strategic thing and ruined it by adding stuff and cinematic actions which broke the flow of battle and were really annoying. Plot-wise XIII-2 was horrible. But both were still good games and I even consider XIII somewhat above normal good.

See I think DMC 3 is probably the best when it comes to cinematic gameplay. It's got a simple followable story and every action is cool, slick, and photogenic.

Anyway, for the curious, my list of not-bad games Square-Enix has developed:

Good:
    The World Ends With You

Decent:
    Final Fantasy IV
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    Kingdom Hearts 2 

• edited 2012-06-16 00:07:01
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Does anyone else here like the simple, quick battle animations of sprite-based FF games more than the more cinematic battle animations of more recent FF games?

^^

>No Parasite Eve

http://i.imgur.com/VJntB.jpg" alt="" width="200" height="300" />

• edited 2012-06-16 00:08:50

I know literally nothing about that game, and wasn't even aware they'd made it.

• edited 2012-06-16 00:11:55

Does anyone else here like the simple, quick battle animations of sprite-based FF games more than the more cinematic battle animations of more recent FF games?

I sure don't.

Really, 2D Final Fantasy battles always kind of looked awful, I thought.

• edited 2012-06-16 00:12:58
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^Eh, I'm almost completely certain that it was a different team from what we're used of the whole square affair.

However I try not to induct by companies (though I tend to with franchises) since... well, Capcom.

• edited 2012-06-16 00:13:01

^^I'll agree that 2D Final Fantasy battles looked awful, but they were shorter, and fighting is invariably the worst part of any entry in the series, so they win out.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I find having to wait through the battles FAR more tedious than any amount of enjoyment I get from spiffy animations.

Not to mention that I tend to use the same attacks over and over again anyway.  I never mute or muddle the enemy, and all I do is normal attacks or the occasional magic spell--and it's always whichever one is the most efficient choice, so there's a pretty limited number of possibilities.  Even if those animations were interesting once, they get old quickly.

Which is why I much prefer short animations that just get to the point and be done with it.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

God people play FFXIII and enjoy it. This game is dull as shit.

hi

Because you and I are known for how much we agree on video games. =P

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

admittedly, the combat was boring as shit, and everyone was annoying for the first... half of the game

they did finally grow up after that, though, and they were more tolerable

and those womens

and dat underground australia

>those womens

Is this a statement of how attractive they are?

Because aesthetics aside courting Lightning feels like it'd be fucking a toaster.

we should all know by now that i am not the sort of person that likes perfectly sane, normal, boring women

courting Lightning

fucking a toaster

Those actually do sound somewhat similar :P

^^Remember who you're talking to.

In all seriousness while all the FFXIII girls are really pretty (but who isn't in these games) it feels far too much like they had their defining traits cranked up far too much.

^That was the joke, yes. 

• You can change. You can.

we should all know by now that i am not the sort of person that likes perfectly sane, normal, boring women

but lightning's boring

lightning seems... very emotionally damaged