If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Not all achievements are unrelated to finishing the main campaign. After all, there are a lot of games which have achievements such as "Beating X level" or "Finishing the game" in the first place. 

All I'm saying is that getting X number of stars is finishing the plot-line and getting Y is getting them all. And really, if you're doing Y, which is not necessary to finish the game as it's not an obligatory condition to finish it in the first place, then what would you call it? I wouldn't call it anything but a side-quest in search for completion. The only substantial difference is, that in a matter of speaking, you choose which stars "matter" (As in, which stars are you going to get to finish the game's plot and which stars are you going to ignore)

• edited 2012-06-15 00:03:05
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Thanks for the link, Marioguy!  Now let's see what it--

OH MAI GAH

• On the subject of collectathons, this is a general problem with most of Retro Studios's titles. Now, I love their games, but there's a less celebrated reason that they're considered the "American Rare."

Near the end of every Metroid Prime game, you had to collect something to move on to the final boss. Unlike most Metroidvanias, these were necessary for completion whether you liked it or not. The artifacts from the first game only had cryptic clues to guide you to them, not even the optional "help" feature would tell you of their existence, and some were so out of the way you'd swear they were bonus items. The Temple Keys were even worse, and one of the reasons I never finished Echoes. Corruption, at least, gave you the opportunity to collect power cells as you progressed. Even their Rare tribute, DKC Returns, was less aggravating about it by making it completely optional except for completionists.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Further thoughts on Tales of Symphonia:

Holy shit, Crispin Freeman is in everything!

• But you never had any to begin with.

My main concern is that it'll really clash with certain events later on.  If they can make a social link with Adachi work out though, well that'll be nice.

Ryoji was a social link in P3P, so...

• I'm a damn twisted person

Holy balls guys, Fruit Ninja is fun. Like just pure fun.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Wanna know what's even more fun?

Watching a three year old play it on Kinect.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>Playing Dwarf Fortress

>Worldgen

>One of the messages is up for just a fraction of a second, but I swear it said "making cave pope."

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I'm bored, does anyone want to play some Brawl? My FC is 5113 5423 8751. Please respond ;_;
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Just killed the first target in Assassin's Creed.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm forging a super lance in Fire Emblem. Anyone got any ideas for a name? Besides Gungnir because that's been done to death.

Gáe Bolg. Lúin of Celtchar. Gáe Buide. Gáe Derg.

Assassinated the crazy doctor guy.

^^^ Longinus?

Alternately, you could give it a mundane name. Like Steve, or Nancy. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Highwind Lance?

Dragon Lance?

Varil's Lance?

Lance of Longinus.
  • edited 2012-06-15 16:15:56
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Also, when I get to name items, I do this thing where I name them after historical swordmasters. /predictabo

In case that idea is appealing, though, here are some examples:

• Liechtenauer

• Fiore

• Talhoffer

• Silver

• Danzig

• Kal

• Ringeck

• Meyer

• edited 2012-06-15 16:24:34
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Name it the Varilite Lance.

Tonbogiri, Nihongo, Otegine.

Danzig

see, now i'm just thinking about clifftops and mothers

colombians don't know 'bout peter von danzig ;_;

we sure do know about the misfits, though

and misfits > peter von danzig

en fuckin' guard

So... sword manuals are like comics telling you how best to kill a dude?

i'd like to think that they are actual comic books and that the text reads like a silver age comic

Dude, Game of Thrones with a silver age feel. Tell me you don't want that.

'course i want that. who wouldn't?

some sort of crazy person, that's who

So... sword manuals are like comics telling you how best to kill a dude?

This isn't actually very far from the truth, come to think of it.